No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Is anyone considering Oakland +11 on Sunday?

Play makes very little sense on paper I know, but it seems like Indy is tremendously overvalued here. A DD favorite in Week 1? Really?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why shouldn't they be? It's hard to argue against Oakland being a bottom 3 team in the NFL. When I look at their schedule I only see 6 games that are even winnable for this team, and I think they max out at 3-4 wins. They're totally lacking in depth and have an unproven / unlikely-to-succeed QB.

Is this strictly a love of the DD dog? or do you have specific concerns about Indy? I really like the moves the Colts have made coming into this season.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I liked the colts when they were -6.5 or 7. Seeing the Colt's -10 makes me feel they wont cover the game, instead win by only 9pts. Something like 28-19 Colts

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Why shouldn't they be? It's hard to argue against Oakland being a bottom 3 team in the NFL. When I look at their schedule I only see 6 games that are even winnable for this team, and I think they max out at 3-4 wins. They're totally lacking in depth and have an unproven / unlikely-to-succeed QB.

Is this strictly a love of the DD dog? or do you have specific concerns about Indy? I really like the moves the Colts have made coming into this season.
    Defense.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Pryor first Road start. Raiders starting left tackle out. O-line looks shaky. Lack of skill players besides McFadden. Weak Def. basically patched up off season. Raiders struggle on Turf. Not a lot to be excited about if your a Raider Fan

Colts should be improved on Defense. Solid O line. Luck has his old Stanford O cordinator Pep Hamilton on the sideline. Luck has nice trio of targets Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton and Darius Heyward-Bey. Deep at Tight end.

Dome should be loud and Pryor and Raider D should struggle.

I'm still seeing 10. Not one of my plays. Lay it if you play it. gl

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm optimistic about the changes made. They added depth to the DL, but actually, I think the improved OL and schematic changes to the offense are going to make the bigger difference, helping extend drives and reduce the strain on the D. I won't be surprised if the Colts look really good this week and then get overvalued in subsequent weeks.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Considering it even though I took Colts in survivor pool. Not very comfortable with it.

I can see Colts not covering here, starting 2-0, then play the niners and everyone LOVES ANDY Luck against a San Fran team that might even be 1-1 or 0-2 in close losses

You'll know what to do then

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Only reason there is to take Oakland is that they are a DD dog. If you are going to play that angle, go with Buffalo +10. At least the Bills are at home and have a half way decent team. The line in the Oak/Indy game is high for a reason.

......And yea Im on Indy -9.5. If Oak covers, hats off to Pryor.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Only reason there is to take Oakland is that they are a DD dog. If you are going to play that angle, go with Buffalo +10. At least the Bills are at home and have a half way decent team. The line in the Oak/Indy game is high for a reason.

......And yea Im on Indy -9.5. If Oak covers, hats off to Pryor.
    I think one will cover and one won't, though I'm not sure yet.

Haven't bet anything yet, though I do see a few things I'll take a little nibble on.

Good luck tomorrow Speedy.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh god, he's doing the same thing he did in the MLB threads. Chasing value where there isn't.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think one will cover and one won't, though I'm not sure yet.

Haven't bet anything yet, though I do see a few things I'll take a little nibble on.

Good luck tomorrow Speedy.
    Thanks bud. NoCoin, why the line drop in your Lions (They are your team right lol? All i know is you're from Detroit)? I havent been watching the lines too much but swear they were -5.5 late last night and now I see they are only -4. If
    This is the same Lions team, they probably lose SU or win by 10+.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

I hate taking unders, but I'm really feelin it on this one.

Oakland - 10
    Indy - 31

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Dome will be closed so it will be even louder for Raiders on offense. Heads up NC

You don't think Pep will want to make a statement in his first game as OC?

All phases of the team are improved over last year.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

no way in fukkin hell would i play oak..not that the backdoor might not be open with prior running around all over the place, conceivable it 30-13 and prior gets a score (kinda like how okie st got backdoored on me today, ugh).. but i dont ever bet a team where my only option of covering is a backdoor, now ill play a big dog where i think they have a legit chance to hang in the gm with the added bonus that i could be saved by a back door but you straight up betting for the back door if you play raiders...

if you really think either oak or buf covers it pretty obvious yu take buf then, seeing how home dogs of 8 or more are 24-3 ats the last 3 seasons i believe, not to mention bills at least actually have some things going for them where oak does not..

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    no way in fukkin hell would i play oak..not that the backdoor might not be open with prior running around all over the place, conceivable it 30-13 and prior gets a score (kinda like how okie st got backdoored on me today, ugh).. but i dont ever bet a team where my only option of covering is a backdoor, now ill play a big dog where i think they have a legit chance to hang in the gm with the added bonus that i could be saved by a back door but you straight up betting for the back door if you play raiders...

if you really think either oak or buf covers it pretty obvious yu take buf then, seeing how home dogs of 8 or more are 24-3 ats the last 3 seasons i believe, not to mention bills at least actually have some things going for them where oak does not..
    that okie state game got a lot of people... i saw so many people who liked them str8 up for the spread

i played them in all my teasers, went to 7 pts to get them all the way to -20 (needed the full 7 for others you know) and wow... when i saw updates i was like, awesome. then i saw the final score and they only won by 21...hell, i won all my teasers still, but everybody on the spread got killed

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    that okie state game got a lot of people... i saw so many people who liked them str8 up for the spread

i played them in all my teasers, went to 7 pts to get them all the way to -20 (needed the full 7 for others you know) and wow... when i saw updates i was like, awesome. then i saw the final score and they only won by 21...hell, i won all my teasers still, but everybody on the spread got killed
    yea was trying to get max value on one of my free plays so did a couple 2 team parlays okie st-27.5/illini ov 54, okie st -27.5/canes un 49..2 forth down conversions, a pass that hit a okie st defender square in the hands, then a 4th down td with a minute left was the final drive in a gm until mid way thru the 4th okie st led by pretty much 35 the whole damn time, then they proceed to let that scrub ass team score on 4 consecutive drives, certainly one of the more sickening things that has happened to me the last 6 months or so, lol.. college sides were a fukkin disaster for me all damn day, crushed totals but was equally as bad on sides, just one of those days.... oh well, glad at least someone got paid with those pricks..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree with Banker and I'm as die hard as they come. But when talking $.reality has to set in. Both lines with huge ? Marks, QB play ?, and overall defense? Add to that despite its week 1.we often struggle in early games east of the Mississippi! This could possibly be like taking one of those trendy dogs in college getting a lot of pts .... Then you blink and it's 24-3 at halftime!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well that's a realistic half score in pro anyway. In college it's 38-7 and you are getting say 23 and already know you most likely fukked! Lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Actually it would be 24-6 most likely. Cause we don't know what the fukking end zone looks like and just settle for 3.all day off Jano's 50+ yard fgs! Fml put me in the game coach this joke of a team that used to be the baddest, The Nation, The feared Raidas had become a punchline. Insert someone who cares and has heart at least. R.P. will play for league minimum

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

There's just one of the free agent signings making an instant impact.... Mr. Greg Toler

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I put a little on it . Probably threw my money away.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Luck 8/8 2 TD

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Wow I'm eating crow! We lost but looked much better in defeat than I thought.... Or maybe Indy was on Vegas's side lol. Kind of sad but that's what it has come to as a Raider fan. Hope for the best but expect the worst!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Easy cash. Raiders could've -- and probably should've -- won SU.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Easy cash. Raiders could've -- and probably should've -- won SU.
    Nice one NC. They really turned it around after it was 14-0... took advantage of the Colts not game planning to contain the edges and force Pryor to beat them with precision point passing vs man defense. They finally did some of that late and held on to win! Also, some of the same shit with the O-line not holding up after the hot start and Luck was under pressure time and time again, just like last year... so they did what they did last year, held on to win a close game!

I almost had a heart attack... but our main dudes on D Bethea and Mathis stepped up huge @ the very end. They earned their paychecks.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by steveryan View Post
    i hate taking unders, but i'm really feelin it on this one.

Oakland - 10
    indy - 31
    under!

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Raiders with the +11 covers comfortably. I couldn't play it though my friend was on the opposite so don't like playing against too often. I think Skins cover the -3.5 tomorrow. May buy a pt.

Speedy88

Hats off to Pryor on the cover.