FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

bucs -3 seems too good to be true

Tampa Bay has one of the most talented rosters in the league. Last year the secondary was their weakness and they shored that up pretty well in the offseason. Not like the Jet's QBs can take advantage of a weak secondary anyway.. QB is their other issue, but Freeman is playing for not just a contract, but for his future in the NFL. Let's not forget Freeman was solid for the first 2/3 of the last season... Jets roster is one of the weakest in the entire league although Sexy Rexy will still have them play solid defense relative to their talent. Am I missing anything here or is Bucs -3 the easiest play of the week?

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

I don't get how this team is suspected to finish last in the NFC south. I mean they will finish 3rd, but a lot of "experts" have them finishing behind the Panthers too

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    I don't get how this team is suspected to finish last in the NFC south. I mean they will finish 3rd, but a lot of "experts" have them finishing behind the Panthers too
    panthers have a very good defense themselves, not that im saying who finishes where but i think this div is one of the tougher ones to try and predict where they finish and feel good about it..

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Bucs biggest concern is at QB. Freeman went under 55% completion rate last year and threw a lot of picks. Bucs then drafting Glennon pretty early makes me think the coaches aren't happy with him. Non-playoff teams don't have the luxury of taking backup QB's in the 3rd round so that could further serve to shake Freeman's confidence.

With their new additions, it is still a bit of a question mark as to whether or not Re
    vis can be Revis (I would think so if he got on the same HGH AP was on) and if Goldson can function at the same level outside SF. This team also dropped 5 straight down the stretch when they were still within striking distance of the playoffs.

As far as playing the NYJ here, I don't see how Geno does anything with that offense. On D they're missing Coples and they ha
    ven't been a great stop-unit in a while anyway. I already booked TB-3.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    Bucs biggest concern is at QB. Freeman went under 55% completion rate last year and threw a lot of picks. Bucs then drafting Glennon pretty early makes me think the coaches aren't happy with him. Non-playoff teams don't have the luxury of taking backup QB's in the 3rd round so that could further serve to shake Freeman's confidence.

With their new additions, it is still a bit of a question mark as to whether or not Re
    vis can be Revis (I would think so if he got on the same HGH AP was on) and if Goldson can function at the same level outside SF. This team also dropped 5 straight down the stretch when they were still within striking distance of the playoffs.

As far as playing the NYJ here, I don't see how Geno does anything with that offense. On D they're missing Coples and they ha
    ven't been a great stop-unit in a while anyway. I already booked TB-3.
    freeman is a real problem. this line opened so damn low its scary, i dont see how the hell jets offense scores (unless we counting them scoring for the bucs), i dunno maybe fact it week 1 bucs be ok but this the kind of gm as the season wears on i either hold my nose and take the home dog or pass.. dont think bucs offense does a whole lot here either but again will they really have to? doubtful, not to mention they should have plenty of short fields to play with..

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Jets win straight up,book it.
    Media has clided your mind on the jets, this team is better than you think.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Better than we think? With no running game, a banged up number 1 WR that may not play, an iffy Oline, and a rookie QB that will be garbage. They may win but the Jets are exactly what they look like.....shit

gambler705

U forget they had a top 5 defense last year and upgraded it. Lost an overrated landry and thats it. Freeman might be worse than the jets qbs as well. I guess well see sunday. Jets ml and + pts for me. Will wait for better line sunday as public will drive both up

lonerangers
    lonerangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    U forget they had a top 5 defense last year and upgraded it. Lost an overrated landry and thats it. Freeman might be worse than the jets qbs as well. I guess well see sunday. Jets ml and + pts for me. Will wait for better line sunday as public will drive both up
    You forget that the Bucs have a top run defense and have added two guys who probably will make their pass defense a top 15 one. I am a WVU homer all day, but Geno is easy to rattle, if the rhythm isn't perfect from the beginning you will see him pout all day on the side lines. This line seems fishy to me, I am staying away.

Numb
    Comfortable
    Numb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 844

Jets are terrible.

gambler705

I am aware, but their run defense is overrated in my opinion bc they were not challenged bc their pass d was so bad. Obv upgrades there, but revis is rusty at best right now. Matt Simms is ready and able if geno falters. For a game that has all the makings of a supposed blowout, why only a fg line?
    Arent sundays beautiful? Cant wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by lonerangers View Post
    You forget that the Bucs have a top run defense and have added two guys who probably will make their pass defense a top 15 one. I am a WVU homer all day, but Geno is easy to rattle, if the rhythm isn't perfect from the beginning you will see him pout all day on the side lines. This line seems fishy to me, I am staying away.

lonerangers
    lonerangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    I am aware, but their run defense is overrated in my opinion bc they were not challenged bc their pass d was so bad. Obv upgrades there, but revis is rusty at best right now. Matt Simms is ready and able if geno falters. For a game that has all the makings of a supposed blowout, why only a fg line?
    Arent sundays beautiful? Cant wait!!
    I don't think it will be a blow out either way, I just feel the Bucs are going to run doug martin down the jets throats till they get to tired, and then they are going to run doug martin some more.

Either way, I am not involved in it. BOL. I can't wait to sit on the couch all day Sunday.

FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

You guys are pointing out a suspect Buc's secondary as if they were going up against an ACTUAL quarterback in this league like Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning that could take advantage. Jets will not have anyone to take advantage of even the worst secondaries in the league, which I believe Tampa to be at least average in this year. Also, fFreeman's struggles in the last few games of last year are obviously well documented but if you read Grantland there is a good article on there that explains how Freeman is absolutely atrocious when being pressured, which led to his struggles last year. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...unce-back-year

Jets ranked 25th in sacks last year and the o-line should be healthy for the Bucs in this first game. It's true the Jets D did finish 8th overall in terms of yards allowed last year but that's mostly due to an above average secondary - they finished 26th overall against the run. I suspect in this game TB coaches will run Doug Martin down the Jets throats and ask Freeman to protect the ball and be a game manager rather than a gunslinger.

As for why the line is just -3, well in Week 1 it's obvious that there are many unknown quantities for almost every team, so the market is priced as inefficiently as it'll be for the rest of the year.

BOL to everyone