R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Ray Lewis implies fix in SB

Does not matter one bit to me in hindsight I had a nickel on the Ravens. But Ray in a recent interview for an NFL films special about the game points to a conspiracy for the lights getting turned off to swing momentum the other way. Have to say the timing was just right following a returned kick for a td right after half which blew the game wide open. I'm sure it's likely a coincidence with the timing and all but g*ddamn did us Raven backers have to sweat out the 4th after looking like a lock early in the 3rd!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

With so much riding on that game, I wouldn't put anything past anyone. Did they ever figure out who did it?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i wouldnt put it past anyone either, especially when more people had the 49ers

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Nothing would shock me either most of us agree this "business" is not always on the level. There is no evidence I have heard of to support anything though just Rays speculation which I'm sure is shared by others.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

He just thinks the NFL was behind the lights getting shut off. Which I believe in 100%. It was total bullshit, I put 100$ on the ravens to win the superbowl after they beat the Broncos, and the Ravens clearly had that game in the bag before the lights. Maybe the NFL did so to make the game more interesting, no one likes to watch a blow-out (unless you're a Ravens fan when it happened).

If the NFL wanted SanFran to win, they would've called Pass Interference on Jimmy Smith when that pass was thrown in the end zone. I'm just saying that I agree that NFL was behind it, but not for any Vegas odds or betting purposes, I believe they were trying to milk commercials, and try to get a more interesting game.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well the league has really been spoiled for awhile with great SB's and finishes. I remember in the 80's and 90's .... and yes recently my boys where the games were mostly blowouts and over by half in many cases.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Ray Lewis is a dumb son of a bitch

pintsonice
    pintsonice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2226

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    Ray Lewis is a dumb son of a bitch

Watch yourself he might come kill you and get away with it again... Hahahaha

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

What a fukn idiot.

I completely forgot SF are 13-0 after lights go off.