chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

The Cleveland Browns will WIN THE AFC NORTH in 2013...GUARANTEED

This is not an attention thread...the word "guarantee" is because the following statements are facts and will happen. I make these threads for the NFL every year. I called the Chiefs big season a few years ago and forgot what I said last year but the point here is WATCH OUT FOR THE BROWNS.

Their defense is potentially best in the league with the possible exception of Seattle. Don't tell me SF...that secondary is atrocious and did not improve. They are creating a culture of winning there. Chudzinski is one of the better offensive minds in the league. Ravens are beyond done and that was their last hurrah. Bengals do not create a Super Bowl culture and Steelers just get hurt too much and never replaced Mike Wallace.

Watch out for them Browns...lots of 23-10 wins. Will end season as best Points Against/Game defense in league. Don't say I didn't warn you.

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Did you call call that Duke upset in the NCAA tourny a couple years ago against Arizona?

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

While I don't know if I would go so far as to say they are going to win their division, I think a lot of reliable "dogs" are going to be a lot better this year.

The Rams have picked up some weapons. The Chiefs have a decent QB now. The Vikings had a great draft. The Dolphins have made some moves and the Patriots have slid backwards; Hernandez goes to jail, Welker goes to Broncos, Gronk coming off surgeries. I never count out Brady and Bellichik but if they are sleeping the Dolphins just might snatch the division this year.

I am not making any predictions for any of these teams, I am just saying they are going to be much tougher to beat then in past years. My power rankings list has a new look this year. The Steelers and Pats look like they are falling from grace while the Seahawks are in my top 5. If you had told me that 2 years ago I would have laughed at you.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i am not sure how the pats score this year like last year and their defense isn't good enough to make up for lack of points. i think the steelers will be good but are getting older. the broncos and texans to me are the class of the afc. the browns can make that jump in the north because there is no dominate team there.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow I always respected u charger but this one is a little out ther

I agree ravens wont repeat but steelers and bungles arnt terrible

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

well, i do like the thoughts of adding Brown game unders week to week in parlay plays based on who they are playing

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    While I don't know if I would go so far as to say they are going to win their division, I think a lot of reliable "dogs" are going to be a lot better this year.

The Rams have picked up some weapons. The Chiefs have a decent QB now. The Vikings had a great draft. The Dolphins have made some moves and the Patriots have slid backwards; Hernandez goes to jail, Welker goes to Broncos, Gronk coming off surgeries. I never count out Brady and Bellichik but if they are sleeping the Dolphins just might snatch the division this year.

I am not making any predictions for any of these teams, I am just saying they are going to be much tougher to beat then in past years. My power rankings list has a new look this year. The Steelers and Pats look like they are falling from grace while the Seahawks are in my top 5. If you had told me that 2 years ago I would have laughed at you.
    Definitely agree on Rams but too many good teams in the NFC to get one of the wild cards. You have to assume one is occupied by the odd man out between ATL/NO and Boys/Giants 2nd place will be up there too, not to mention the 49ers. I really can see a scenario where the Cleveland Browns are the 3 seed in the AFC Playoffs

chargers4222

And Browns unders will be solid but don't put it past Weeden this year to throw 32ish TDs. Chudzinski is just like Trestman in Chicago, big time passing game plans. Their run plays are usually pass variations of some sort.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    Did you call call that Duke upset in the NCAA tourny a couple years ago against Arizona?
    And yeah I like to make a few great calls sparingly rather than muddle it with perpetual picks and nonsense

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Gotta love the Brownies this year. Nasty, nasty D as you said, and an offense that looks to suit Weeden. Richardson will get his and Gordon/Cameron look legit as hell. Won't guarantee they win the division, but a Wild Card seems likely. Going to be a great team to tail until around Week 8 when everyone realizes they are the Seattle of last year.

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    And Browns unders will be solid but don't put it past Weeden this year to throw 32ish TDs. Chudzinski is just like Trestman in Chicago, big time passing game plans. Their run plays are usually pass variations of some sort.
    Like their unders first two weeks, their only real weapon gone until week 3. Line will be stacked with no WR to worry about.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If the Browns were in a different division, maybe, but they are in the toughest and deepest division in the AFC.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Talked about the Browns in my AFC Preview Video. As a fellow Chargers fan, The only thing i love AS A CHARGERS FAN more than NORV being out of San Diego, is that as a GAMBLER I LOVE him as an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. My only problem is i think they are in far too tough a division and just don't have those intangibles that will help them win close games late that some teams just do so much better than others in this League today. But as i said in my Video.. i Love them from a FANTASY FOOTBALL ASPECT in that I believe they will be playing a lot of games against prevent defenses late and will rack up points. Can't stress taking TE Cameron late (A TE in the land of NORV who has given Us Novacek all the way through Gates.) and a Head Coach in Chudzinski who was a TE himself).... as well as Gordon and TRENT in the first round if he's available after 4

I took Cleveland Last in my AFC Preview Thread and Baltimore to win the Division and bet the over at 8.5 games for them

or just take a peek below ;-)

Last edited by GenosPicks; 09-01-13 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typos

dg84
    dg84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 481

The Browns defense might be improving, but the best in the NFL is a great exaggeration. Ranked 19th in pts against last year, 23rd in yards allowed, 14th in yards allowed per/play, 28th in first downs allowed & 13th in turnover margin. Not exactly numbers that strike fear in an offenses heart. Numbers don't tell the whole story, but when taken as a whole they do tell a big part of the story.

dg84
    dg84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 481

By the way, saying Cincinnati doesn't create a Super Bowl culture and using that as a reason they won't do better than Cleveland is laughable. When was the last time Cleveland played in a Super Bowl?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Browns will be Browns.

Stop with this nonsense.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

put down the crack pipe man. for the sake of the kids

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Browns will be Browns.

Stop with this nonsense.
    Hurray for common sense.

The browns may have a good year but they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning that division imo.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Browns being Browns.

Soon to be 0-3

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Oh, they meet the Vikings next week and what will happen - the Vikes just simply give the ball to AP and it's done from there. Maybe CP only throws 11/15 for 158 yards 1 TD; AP will add in his stats this year for another 2 tds. Final: 27-13. Viking.

goodlucky30
    goodlucky30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

LMAO. you must never watch the browns then. They are the 2nd worse team in the NFL behind the jags. If you think Weeden will even get 24 passing TDs then you need to lay off on the bottle bud

chargers4222

Ok, this is not the year. Next year will be great though. The management and coaching is there but these aren't their guys. Trading Trent is a big white flag. This post was wrong. I will say that I think the Steelers somehow take the division though. Getting Leveon Bell and Heath Miller back will be huge.

But again, I will be the first to admit this was a terrible prediction. Never knew there was that much disconnect between Holmgren players and current management.

chargers4222

Also, my 23-10 score prediction for them all year seems to be dead on with the exception of them being on the losing side of most of those games. I think that was actually the exact score of the Dolphin game.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I applaud the Trent Richardson trade. This is good strategy, knowing when you are beaten and reallocating resources towards an eventual realistic shot at future supremacy. It takes guts to trade a #3 overall pick after 18 games of mediocre production and still get a future #1 pick out of it. It takes guts to sacrifice short term production towards future hope. For the Browns, let's hope it works out.

chargers4222

Trade works for both teams but raising the white flag after 2 weeks is never good. Even the Jaguars are still avoiding Tebow and at least trying. Puzzling to say the least.

detroitlionsfan

this thread wasnt that crazy after all

browns looking to go 3-2 on thursady and take the division lead ...

detroitlionsfan

Starting to like this team

Ther a qb away from being really good

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks, everybody knows that Cleveland rocks...