EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Andy Ried to Arizona

Andy Ried to Arizona, the deal is almost done.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not surprising since Kolb is there. Too bad their O-line still sucks balls.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

reunited with kevin kolb?

maybe it'll help him become a good qb.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I doubt the "deal" is almost done....cause he also is close friends with Chiefs President Mark Donovan and is going to interview with Clark Hunt...and if Reid has a choice he'll go with KC cause of the picks and cash under the cap to manuever. Hunt is also going to talk with Lovie Smith this week.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

solid move

Wonder if he brings Vick until he can land a real franchise qb??

Kolb is a Fraud

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

maybe his wife wants to be in nice weather.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    Arizona is a better Mormon community...I think that's where he hangs his cross

Lakeshow_ds
    Lakeshow_ds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

Love the move! Andy will be missed in Philly though. I still think he's one of the 3 best coaches in the league.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Time to open up a few restaurants in Scottsdale

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeshow_ds View Post
    Love the move! Andy will be missed in Philly though. I still think he's one of the 3 best coaches in the league.
    He was top 3 in the NFC East.....not in the NFL.

Dirty Sanchez

I think you can't go wrong with either Andy or Lovie....KC Chief fans got Romeo's scalp, but they won't rest until they get Pioli's as well. Clark Hunt was interviewed yesterday and said "I" will be hiring the coach, not "we" so Pioli sounds like dead meat

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Why would he want to go to anther shit team that doesn't have the personnel to win? Were his coaching options that limited?

gobucks
    gobucks's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21592

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Time to open up a few restaurants in Scottsdale
    I have met Andy and he is a really nice guy, but after Chris Christie he is the most obese public figure I can think of.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Arizona has personnel to win

Good for him

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I doubt the "deal" is almost done....cause he also is close friends with Chiefs President Mark Donovan and is going to interview with Clark Hunt...and if Reid has a choice he'll go with KC cause of the picks and cash under the cap to manuever. Hunt is also going to talk with Lovie Smith this week.
    His wife is from Phoenix. KC isn't going to be an option IMO. I don't even think he'll get contacted. KC probably gonna go with a young buck OC I think to try and develop some sort of QB if they can find one that doesn't suck balls.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i can't believe anyone would want this stiff. he can't draft and when Jim Johnson died u saw who carried that team for years. Kolb is another stiff. One thing Andy did well is fake people out on how he could develop quarterbacks so he would draft one and trade him down the road. Then the next team that got sucked in by Andy found out Andy doesn't know anything about Quarterbacks either.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    solid move

Wonder if he brings Vick until he can land a real franchise qb??

Kolb is a Fraud
    Vick.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    His wife is from Phoenix. KC isn't going to be an option IMO. I don't even think he'll get contacted. KC probably gonna go with a young buck OC I think to try and develop some sort of QB if they can find one that doesn't suck balls.
    Yesterday Clark Hunt said he wanted someone with Head Coach experience because the Haley Experiment was a disaster. Sounds like they're slow, or not as hot for Andy as Lovie. Many KC fans have unrealistic expectations that they're going to snag a big fish like Gruden or Cowher. They definitely want Pioli out ASAP, which will probably happen this week.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Why would he want to go to anther shit team that doesn't have the personnel to win? Were his coaching options that limited?
    Arizona is 4 people (Coach, QB, 2 Offensive Lineman) away from being a Super Bowl Contender...

Defense is already very good...

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Arizona is 4 people (Coach, QB, 2 Offensive Lineman) away from being a Super Bowl Contender...

I don't know that I would say very good defense, plus they will need a good coordinator to come in on defense since Horton will be gone.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    His wife is from/has family in AZ

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    His wife is from/has family in AZ
    Sounds like it's a good fit....KC thought with Donovan being his good friend he would at least interview, but sounds like they won't even get the shot. Can't blame him. the weather alone would sell me

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Don't forget a new RB, FB, and TE. They don't currently have a running game in Arizona either. At least he had McCoy in Philly.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    I don't know that I would say very good defense, plus they will need a good coordinator to come in on defense since Horton will be gone.
    This. Ray Horton is a defensive genius. The Cards will miss him sorely if he takes a head coaching gig. Kolb really isn't terrible when he isn't getting destroyed and running for his life half the game. The main thing out of this was getting rid of their GM. They drafted like Millen did with the Lions. I forget what the stat was, but something like no offensive lineman drafted in the first two rounds since the early 2000's. They need to shore up the O-line and protect whoever is under center.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Don't forget a new RB, FB, and TE. They don't currently have a running game in Arizona either. At least he had McCoy in Philly.
    With his offensive philosophy, a stud RB is a waste of space. McCoy could/should be doing so much more for Philly. He should be getting 25 touches per game minimum. He only had three games all season where he got 20+ rushes. Shocker - they won all three. Nine times in the past two seasons is all McCoy got as far as 20+ rushes. Eagles won 8 of those. Fair assessment I saw someone make on Reid. Good at building his system and filling it with players, shit in-game coach for making adjustments - pretty balls on accurate from what I ever saw of the guy in Philly. I think he really needs strong coordinators to thrive. Defense especially, but he could really use an OC who has the balls to tell him to run it more or stop doing the same shit if it's not working.

Main thing if he goes to Arizona is that they have to find a RB who is astute at picking up blocking assignments and someone who can produce in the screen game. Reggie Bush would be a smart fit IMO.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-01-13 at 07:39 PM.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

AZ doesn't have a QB. Bad move Andy

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Poor Reid. One of the few failures from the 49ers system.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

doesnt this guy have a life, coaching 14 straight and into that mess of an organization?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

We are a joke offensively. We average the most offensive 3rd downs per game because we are moving backwards every other play. In fact we average more third downs than anyone and only convert 25% collectively all year. That's absurd. We rank last in yards per play. We give up more sacks than anyone in the league and we are the only team in the league who has twice as many punts as we do any type of score. We are a joke offensively. I think you meant we have 4 players we should keep that are Super Bowl worthy. At least on offense. The defense is better than average but when your spending more time on the field and expected to win the game by scoring on defense you are a team a very far away from being even a regular Sunday contender much less Supwr bowl.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Reid might be a good fit in AZ, but could he pick a worse division? 49ers, Seahawks and Rams should be good for years.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

no big deal, andy will live out retirement in AZ while the team goes 4-13... classic NFL story that has no impact on winning football