ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Another Bob Belichick 4th and 2 Discussion

its been over 3 years... should they have punted?
    they had 2 timeouts and 2 min warning to stop them and get it back with just under 2 min left!
    SF would have run 3 times conservatively prob

what do you think?

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Correct play was to fukin punt... And now my 2nd half pats-6.5 dead

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

4th and 2 own 12 yard line.. this play should be on Chris berman's "come on man" lol

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

he didn't trust his D again, just like in 2009 he went for it to try to seal the win vs Colts... was afraid of Manning who was on fire and they were only up 6 and had blown a 17 pt lead in the 4th quarter

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

So you guys think the Patriots had a better chance of punting, getting a three and out, and then driving the length of the field in a minute for a TD?

I think I'll give Brady a chance to pick up 2 yards.

If they punt the ball back, the Niners wouldn't just run up the middle three times. I'm sure Kapernick would have been running around picking up a first down.

Why aren't you questioning the Pats for going for it on 4th down in the third quarter at their own 40? That worked out for a TD.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland View Post
    Correct play was to fukin punt... And now my 2nd half pats-6.5 dead
    not so fast! you got it

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Just to make it more clear.

Do you trust one of the best QB's of all time to pick up two yards or do you trust your defense that has given up 41 points to get a three and out?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So you guys think the Patriots had a better chance of punting, getting a three and out, and then driving the length of the field in a minute for a TD?

If they punt the ball back, the Niners wouldn't just run up the middle three times. I'm sure Kapernick would have been running around picking up a first down.

Why aren't you questioning the Pats for going for it on 4th down in the third quarter at their own 40? That worked out for a TD.
    Andrew Luck did that on the road 2 weeks ago

3 and out Pats would have had almost 2 full minutes left, NOT ONE

SF is conservative, would have run it... was just up to NE to stop them from getting 10 in 3

RG3
    RG3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

correct play is to go for it. u have a top 3 QB at ur disposal, use him in tough situations. i do disagree with the actual play itself though. would have liked to seen a slant pass, or even a playaction pass.

RG3
    RG3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Do you trust one of the best QB's of all time to pick up two yards or do you trust your defense that has given up 41 points to get a three and out?
    /thread

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

You guys saying it was right to go for it are wrong... Harbough proved all game he was going to run the football to milk it with the lead. He never lost faith in his defense.

And not all of those 41 points are on the defense

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Just comes down to whether you have more faith in the Pats getting a three and out, or Brady picking up 2 yards. I'd take Brady everytime.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

I was pissed originally knowing it will lead to 49ers chip shot an kill my 2H play an would of lost 400 on the game but Brady hooks me an drives into fg range an they make it still lost 200 but still survived yesterday with profit

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Correct call.....didnt work out. I am big Pats fan and had no money involved in the call.....You go for it and you know if you dont get it the game is over. They put the ball in the best player on the fields hands and it didnt work this time. Brady did lead them to 3 TD drives in the 4th qtr so why think for a second that he cant get two small yards.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

In my opinion, when down, you play to extend the game. Had they of been across the 50, go for it. Pinned in your own territory, you punt and hope your D can make a stop (which was likely as SF was just looking to play it safe at that point as their D had been playing stellar).

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

dude, its one of those plays where if they go for it and get the 1st youre a genius and if you dont get it youre a shmohawk...the sheer fact they were able to actually make it a game was the most impressive feet of the night IMO...are you really not gonna let Brady of all QBs to not go for it after making one of the sickest comebacks ever?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

you punt...and give the TEAM a chance rather than 1 player...even tho he is the man

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    dude, its one of those plays where if they go for it and get the 1st youre a genius and if you dont get it youre a shmohawk...the sheer fact they were able to actually make it a game was the most impressive feet of the night IMO...are you really not gonna let Brady of all QBs to not go for it after making one of the sickest comebacks ever?
    Considering the offense was starting to sputter a bit, yes. Punt and hope you get the ball back with slightly better field position, maybe even force a fumble deep in niner territory? It was just unnecessary going for it at that stage of the game. But I guess you can argue both points.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

fact is in 09 and yesterday, both times... they FAILED

don't care its Brady at QB... both times they FAILD once again

you force Peyton to drive 70+ yards instead of 28 yards for the a potential game winning TD in 2009

you punt and give yourself the chance to get a stop and get the ball back one more time, its the NFL.... teams can drive down field in a matter of seconds

you fail and you are guaranteed to be down 10...you PUNT, if your D doesn't get a stop then so be it. he dissed his D yet again... last time he did that they ended up getting blown away in the playoffs by the Ravens

but then again, I'm glad in 2009 that they went for it... if they didn't and punted, maybe the Colts would have lost instead of won the game (i was at that game)