michdmbfan
    michdmbfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Seeking input on Philly vs Cinncy

My original feeling was Philly based on:
    Since becoming the starter, Foles has improved every game.
    Game 1 - 2 INT's, 45% Completions, 0 TD's, 6 Points
    Game 2 - 0 INT's, 76% Completions, 0 TD's, 22 Points
    Game 3 - 0 INT's, 65% Completions, 1 TD, 33 Points
    Game 4 - 0 INT's, 62% Completions, 3 TD's (2 pass, 1 rush), 22 Points, first win in 9 games

Foles was sacked 6 times by Tampa Bay, which is tied for 24th in total sacks.

Cincinatti is #1 in total sacks, with 3.2 per game compared to TB's 1.5 (prior to the six they got against the Eagles). If a team that is averaging 1.5 can get 6 sacks, what is Cinncy going to do?

Will Philly have a let down after getting their first win in 9 games? Will Cincinnati be extra motivated after their last second loss against Dallas? Will Cinncy be too busy focusing on their huge match-up against Pittsburgh?

vigster
    Update Status
    vigster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10346

The Pitt game is too far out. I think they roll here.

I can see Eagles putting up a fight in first half then BLOWING in the 3rd/4th qtr as usual. Love Cincy in the spot with the let down last week.

Best of luck

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

A must win for Cincy here... No "looking ahead" as they need this game first and foremost...

Philly squeaking out a win on the road against a TB team that was sleep walking through practically the entire game offensively... They should have picked apart that defense, and they just didn't show up.

I don't see the same for Cincy... Eagles aren't riding any high, and while the crowd will be a little more motivated after finally getting a win, it's a home crowd that expected playoffs. A lot of folks I know personally that hold tickets, don't give two shits about going tonight, and admit Philly will likely get rolled over.

I can't fathom the Philly O-line handling this Cincy D, and I see balance from Cincy on offense tonight, since BJE has been running the ball very well, and the receiving core is exceptional.

Again with the angles, everyone preaches "Thursday night" and "on the road" but I feel the low points are a gift.

I'm taking Cincy to cover...

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    A must win for Cincy here... No "looking ahead" as they need this game first and foremost...

Philly squeaking out a win on the road against a TB team that was sleep walking through practically the entire game offensively... They should have picked apart that defense, and they just didn't show up.

I don't see the same for Cincy... Eagles aren't riding any high, and while the crowd will be a little more motivated after finally getting a win, it's a home crowd that expected playoffs. A lot of folks I know personally that hold tickets, don't give two shits about going tonight, and admit Philly will likely get rolled over.

I can't fathom the Philly O-line handling this Cincy D, and I see balance from Cincy on offense tonight, since BJE has been running the ball very well, and the receiving core is exceptional.

Again with the angles, everyone preaches "Thursday night" and "on the road" but I feel the low points are a gift.

I'm taking Cincy to cover...
    As an Eagles fan, I totally agree.
    I think Cincy covers by ten points.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Cincy looking ahead to Pitt is foolish. If they don't win in Philly, their playoffs push is Gone and momentum down the tubes. They will treat Philly as a playoff game.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by coitus_maximus View Post
    Cincy looking ahead to Pitt is foolish. If they don't win in Philly, their playoffs push is Gone and momentum down the tubes. They will treat Philly as a playoff game.

x100...I've read the statement "looking ahead" re: the Bengals in 100 different posts spread out over 3 forums and I think it is the single most idiotic angle to look at when capping a game...makes no sense whatsoever

Tony Truong
    Update your status
    Tony Truong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Quote Originally Posted by coitus_maximus View Post
    So you mean CINCINNATIVE must win tonight?! If like you said MONEY ALL IN to night for CINCI ? I hope you are right ! GOOD LUCK !.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

In a must win game take the points.

colts
    colts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    In a must win game take the points.
    It's a must win game for the Bengals. They are favored. Do you mean bet on the Eagles?

vigster
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by colts View Post
    It's a must win game for the Bengals. They are favored. Do you mean bet on the Eagles?
    He talking about ML vs Spread

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'm in the high minority but I think PHI and the points is fine but it'll be highly unpopular. I think Foles and the rest of the team for that matter have done quite well turning things around (kind of) mid-season/mid-Vick and over the last three games (what I focus on) have done comparably well as CIN. Throw in the home field that is dying to believe and you've got a reasonable chance. If I had gigantic cajones I would go PHI ml. Cheers

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Key here is Cincy's defence, Eagles are right up there in terms of suffering sacks while Cincy tops the league with 42 in terms of dishing it out. Once they hit Foles a few times, this should force Eagles to predominantly run the ball, this should makes Eagles one dimensional and easier for Cincy's defensive coordinator to scheme for stopping the run as well.

Also their is light rain due during this match, the greasy surface should help Green and Cincy's other WR to get separation from Eagles's cornerbacks.

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by michdmbfan View Post
    My original feeling was Philly based on:
    Since becoming the starter, Foles has improved every game.
    Game 1 - 2 INT's, 45% Completions, 0 TD's, 6 Points
    Game 2 - 0 INT's, 76% Completions, 0 TD's, 22 Points
    Game 3 - 0 INT's, 65% Completions, 1 TD, 33 Points
    Game 4 - 0 INT's, 62% Completions, 3 TD's (2 pass, 1 rush), 22 Points, first win in 9 games

Foles was sacked 6 times by Tampa Bay, which is tied for 24th in total sacks.

Cincinatti is #1 in total sacks, with 3.2 per game compared to TB's 1.5 (prior to the six they got against the Eagles). If a team that is averaging 1.5 can get 6 sacks, what is Cinncy going to do?

Will Philly have a let down after getting their first win in 9 games? Will Cincinnati be extra motivated after their last second loss against Dallas? Will Cinncy be too busy focusing on their huge match-up against Pittsburgh?
    In terms of the look ahead let down, Cincy just can't afford look ahead, after dropping a game should have won last week, every game is a must win if they any hope of wild card for the playoffs. Like @maximus put it, this is their playoff now, win and move on or loss and go home.

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

So I guess home field advantage and a team that's playing for nothing with A LOT less pressure means nothing? I'm on the Eagles. Good luck to all.

vigster
    Update Status

-5.5 now

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    Key here is Cincy's defence, Eagles are right up there in terms of suffering sacks while Cincy tops the league with 42 in terms of dishing it out. Once they hit Foles a few times, this should force Eagles to predominantly run the ball, this should makes Eagles one dimensional and easier for Cincy's defensive coordinator to scheme for stopping the run as well.

Also their is light rain due during this match, the greasy surface should help Green and Cincy's other WR to get separation from Eagles's cornerbacks.
    But only Green and the Cincy WRs? Maclin and crew won't have the same advantage? It's a moot point as the forecast is for clear skies...

Cincinnati continues to have one of the worst run defenses (ranked 26th). Seems pretty likely that Philly will not employ a pass-heavy approach in this game. Bryce Brown has had three games as the feature back and it may not have been successful against TB's #1 run defense last week, but he gashed defenses for 178 and 169 yards in the previous two games. Is Cincy going to stop him while aggressively pursuing Foles?

MANIER08
    MANIER08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I have done sooo bad calling games on this site. you should just do the opposite of what I say!!! I usually bet a decent amount every week and has not been a good year. I am also a huge Ravens fan and can say Ravens and this whole division is way over hyped!! although a home field dog for bal is kinda crazy we will see. Bal and pitt are past prime and loaded with injuries through out the year and are still on top most the time!! I messed up last week when I did not take the points and phi. But this week at a ml at +210 what the hell im going to gamble. like they say short week and homefield advantage. Also what do you mean nothing to fight for foles is fighting for a starting job next year! aswell as some other players who look decent as of late for phi. Also on a short week I think the defense will be the side that is hurting and cinn d had a rough game last week.

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    But only Green and the Cincy WRs? Maclin and crew won't have the same advantage? It's a moot point as the forecast is for clear skies...

Cincinnati continues to have one of the worst run defenses (ranked 26th). Seems pretty likely that Philly will not employ a pass-heavy approach in this game. Bryce Brown has had three games as the feature back and it may not have been successful against TB's #1 run defense last week, but he gashed defenses for 178 and 169 yards in the previous two games. Is Cincy going to stop him while aggressively pursuing Foles?

Cincy will look to cover the pass first which means go after first even if it means giving up little of play on the run because they can tackle if Brown goes loose. This is classic case of short term pain for long term gain. Eagles don't need to have pass heavy approach for this pass rush to get to him. I didn't see Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles or McGahee rip up any trees against Cincy recently.

Also if Tampa Bay stopped Brown, do you really think they haven't been analysing good things that they did against him, as they say the more videos NFL analysts have on you the better their game plan against unless you are an elite player that has proven yourself year after year. Sometimes for hidden value, you have to assess performance over the season but also on the short term say 5 games, because teams are making adjustments to avoid misrepresenting a team.

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MANIER08 View Post
    I have done sooo bad calling games on this site. you should just do the opposite of what I say!!! I usually bet a decent amount every week and has not been a good year. I am also a huge Ravens fan and can say Ravens and this whole division is way over hyped!! although a home field dog for bal is kinda crazy we will see. Bal and pitt are past prime and loaded with injuries through out the year and are still on top most the time!! I messed up last week when I did not take the points and phi. But this week at a ml at +210 what the hell im going to gamble. like they say short week and homefield advantage. Also what do you mean nothing to fight for foles is fighting for a starting job next year! aswell as some other players who look decent as of late for phi. Also on a short week I think the defense will be the side that is hurting and cinn d had a rough game last week.

You do make a good point on the short rest and impact on defence, can't remember a former defensive player in NFL was interview recently and basically after a game he felt he had been hit by a bus, another point to use in your conclusion.

As for Foles, normally side with a very talented player who is trying to prove himself, fight Foles will give, but IMHO I dont see him as a starting NFL QB, they cant hide him behind the rush forever.