DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3396

How much will the Atl\NYG line move?

One of my biggest flaws in gambling is my inability to bet against teams I'm fans of. I was surprised to see ATL as a 2.0 fave and see the line has already dropped I assume it will drop more question is will it go all the way to a dog?

ATL has little to play for they already have #1 tied up meanwhile NYG are in a 3 way dog fight in their division. As a fan I'm hoping ATL uses this as a movitation to silence the critics that say they haven't beaten anyone but after watching the CAR game I just doubt it.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Everyone (homers excluded) how soft Atl is. After last weeks results and this past Jan beatdown I expect the pub and pros will flip this line to the other side.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Giant fan for life here. This game in Atlanta terrifies me. Atlanta wants revenge from the embarrassment they had in the playoffs last year. We have not one player who can man up Roddy White or Julion Jones. Tony Gonzalez will torch our linebackers and if we through a defensive back his way (probably Rolle) we leave a big mismatch in size. Aside from that the Giants have been inconsistent stopping the run and it wouldn't surprise me to see a monster day out of Turner. The Giants will tear this defense up though. However a few costly turnovers will cost us this game and Matt Ryan (as usual) will find a way to win at home. 31-26 Falcons.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Line opened pk and move to Atlanta -1.

Atlanta has some revenge on their minds. Good spot for them here.

DJ Dalamar

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Line opened pk and move to Atlanta -1.

Atlanta has some revenge on their minds. Good spot for them here.
    Really it moved quick then I checked Mon at it was -2. I hope you guys are right I forgot about NYG knocking them out last year.

tuckman
    tuckman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2398

One of my biggest flaws in gambling is my inability to pay in a timely fashion when i lose
    I fixed it for you disco duck

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Not a big "revenge spot" guy myself. Pretty sure the Pats had good reason this past Feb and flopped and they are way better than Atl. Like I said though general consensus I think on these teams is Falcons are soft, played a cush schedule barely beating some bad teams in the process and have no run game. On Giants side until Jan hits they are a spot bet team who gets lazy and takes weeks off. So the fact NY won and won big last Sunday shys me away a little. If they had lost this would be a pound NY play for sure.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

In my opinion the revenge angle is more relevant in div games than anything else.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

What happened to the Packers and the 49ers with that "revenge factor"? Oh.. right...

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

If Atlanta cant find a way to win this game they may as well sit the playoffs out too. Wont see a team in a better SPOT this week with the Giants coming off there dressed up blow out win last Sunday.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Best play here for me is if Falcons close at -1.5 or 2 and I will tease the Giants all day ov that 7 and maybe partner them up with a home dog Raven team. Haven't really even looked at the board yet too much at work trying to wipe the grin off my face still from big Pats win!! Will start doing my homework for this week tonight or tomorrow.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Revenge has nothing to do with what will play out on the field. Atlanta will prepare for this game with revenge in mind.

DJ Dalamar

See to me it's a bad spot for ATL with #1 NFC practically sewn up and Giants have a lot more to play for.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Typical Giants coming off of a huge win on the road against a team they are capable of beating. But, they probably lose here and then win at ravens and home against philly to wrap thigs up they could have put this division to bed twice already but they live for the drama.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Typical Giants coming off of a huge win on the road against a team they are capable of beating. But, they probably lose here and then win at ravens and home against philly to wrap thigs up they could have put this division to bed twice already but they live for the drama.
    Sounds realistic to me, Giants always shit the bed when they have chances to wrap up the division. They always like to go to week 17 for some odd fukking reason..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Atlanta with Matt Ryan has only lost 3 games in the regular season at home and two of them were with the Saints. Why are you surprised the Falcons are favored at home? They beat all three teams from Giants division with ease.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Bottom line the Giants are better than anyone in their div and certainly better than the Falcons. When it's time to play and they are motivated to get hard their is zero doubt they can beat ANYONE including this over-rated soft Falcon team and have proven it countless times the last several years. Only question is will they?? Hopefully Atl stays favored but I noticed tonight as expected the pub is pounding NY so lets see where this line goes and if the sharps get on heavy late.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2474

Mike Smith is 20-3 after a loss and one of those Ryan didn't play in...Ryan's only lost 4 games at home in his career, ATL will be pissed and Giants fighting for playoff spot...I think Giants realize if they lose this game they might not make the playoffs unless Redskins lose a game..should be a great game to watch but ultimately dirty birds win

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

It looks like the line opened -1 Falcons and is now -2 Falcons so it's definitely moving the wrong way.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Bottom line the Giants are better than anyone in their div and certainly better than the Falcons. When it's time to play and they are motivated to get hard their is zero doubt they can beat ANYONE including this over-rated soft Falcon team and have proven it countless times the last several years. Only question is will they?? Hopefully Atl stays favored but I noticed tonight as expected the pub is pounding NY so lets see where this line goes and if the sharps get on heavy late.
    How are they better? They lost to every team in their division.

DJ Dalamar

Looks like the game of the weekend for sure. I'll be watching Den\Balt and Wash\Clev as well. I hate how they have 10 games early and all the good ones and only like 3 afternoon.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dalamar View Post
    Looks like the game of the weekend for sure. I'll be watching Den\Balt and Wash\Clev as well. I hate how they have 10 games early and all the good ones and only like 3 afternoon.
    Probably the "5th" best game of the week. No one really cares about this game that much.

SF/NE
    Bal/Den
    Pit/Dal
    GB/Chi
    Hou/Ind

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

How are they better K13? Well lets see they won 2 SB's in recent years doing this same shit going .500 but still beating playoff teams in reg. season. Like I said they are a lazy, drama loving team but when it's time too whip some "contender" ass they show up. I know you remember the 49er game and the Fudgepackers as well. Who has Atl beat? Same thing applies to Pats they are champions and know when too show up as proven on MNF. I just laughed and shook my head at all the fools sucked in by Houston. Until Atl, Houston, GB, Frisco can beat one of these 2 then I am not convinced. And reg season records does not mean shit! Pats made Houston look like a 4 win team Monday despite having the better record.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    How are they better K13? Well lets see they won 2 SB's in recent years doing this same shit going .500 but still beating playoff teams in reg. season. Like I said they are a lazy, drama loving team but when it's time too whip some "contender" ass they show up. I know you remember the 49er game and the Fudgepackers as well. Who has Atl beat? Same thing applies to Pats they are champions and know when too show up as proven on MNF. I just laughed and shook my head at all the fools sucked in by Houston. Until Atl, Houston, GB, Frisco can beat one of these 2 then I am not convinced. And reg season records does not mean shit! Pats made Houston look like a 4 win team Monday despite having the better record.
    Giants have a better chance to miss the playoffs than win the Super Bowl this year.
    If you want to go by the past, after every super bowl win, they do nothing the following year.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Probably the "5th" best game of the week. No one really cares about this game that much.

SF/NE
    Bal/Den
    Pit/Dal
    GB/Chi
    Hou/Ind
    That SF/NE game is going to be aweful, NE is going to win by like 30. SF has no offense, their games have been unwatchable the past 3 weeks, just super boring.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: k13

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

You might be correct on that who knows? But both years they won the SB they did not clinch a playoff birth till final week. Not saying I'm a Giants lover by any means I just don't buy Atl much either. Main difference between these 2 for me is NY has proven they can rise and beat any contender when motivated. When has Atl??
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 12-12-12 at 01:09 PM.

DJ Dalamar

SF/NE
    Bal/Den
    Pit/Dal
    GB/Chi
    Hou/Ind

BS every Dallas\NYG\Wash game right now is heavily watched and has major playoff ramifications. And if you think Pitt\Dallas will be a better game then we got major differences in what we consider good football.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

i can see atlanta going to -3 at home

k13

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    That SF/NE game is going to be aweful, NE is going to win by like 30. SF has no offense, their games have been unwatchable the past 3 weeks, just super boring.
    Yeah that Saints game was really unwatchable....

So somehow they scored 32 on the Bears with no offense....how many teams have done that this year? Zero.

It will be one of the most watched games of the year.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Don't get all sucked in on this one Giants fans. ATL will play well this weekend. Totally embarassed last year and guess who started that wheel rolling. That's right the Giants. Bradshaw is hurt and NYG gives up a ton of yds on Defense. Yeah, ATL may not be the best team, but this is the regular season and not a playoff game. ATL I think pulls it off with a 3 pt victory.

isotopes

Yeah that Saints game was really unwatchable....

So somehow they scored 32 on the Bears with no offense....how many teams have done that this year? Zero.

It will be one of the most watched games of the year.
    you mean the same bears team that also has no offense and who lost 4 of their last 5 games?

Now I'm not trying to be offensive, but seriously watching the 49ers play is right there with watching a jets game. They are a good football team but they just aren't entertaining to watch.

Seriously, no one is tunning in to watch kolin Capernick scramble and throw short routs. If that game is watched it will be all NE fans and people with wagers on the game.

It's ok, your team is great, they will be in the playoffs this year, but lets not get all excited and start saying they are a really exciting team to watch. Getting excited to watch a niners game is like being excited to go to the prom with an ugly fat chick, yeah she's a girl and it might lead to some action at the end of the night, but it is nothing to get excited about.

k13

you mean the same bears team that also has no offense and who lost 4 of their last 5 games?

Now I'm not trying to be offensive, but seriously watching the 49ers play is right there with watching a jets game. They are a good football team but they just aren't entertaining to watch.

Seriously, no one is tunning in to watch kolin Capernick scramble and throw short routs. If that game is watched it will be all NE fans and people with wagers on the game.

It's ok, your team is great, they will be in the playoffs this year, but lets not get all excited and start saying they are a really exciting team to watch. Getting excited to watch a niners game is like being excited to go to the prom with an ugly fat chick, yeah she's a girl and it might lead to some action at the end of the night, but it is nothing to get excited about.
    So RG3 is exciting to people but Kap is not?

It's about the match up. Defense vs. Offense. Niners are exciting to watch on D.

I was talking about the Bears defense, no one has scored on them but somehow the team with no offense does.
    Everyone was still in love with the Bears till the Niners took them apart.

I'll take the +30 if you are offering it.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

bradshaw most likely out. Even without him I think Line closes at atlanta-2.5. I would be shocked if line moves to 3. No doubt about it this is a huge home game for falcons and they would like to win first in nfc and start quiting the critics that they can't win big games. Falcons-2.5 for me here.

isotopes

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    bradshaw most likely out. Even without him I think Line closes at atlanta-2.5. I would be shocked if line moves to 3. No doubt about it this is a huge home game for falcons and they would like to win first in nfc and start quiting the critics that they can't win big games. Falcons-2.5 for me here.
    People may disagree, but the Giants are better with Wilson at RB

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

People may disagree, but the Giants are better with Wilson at RB
    They are better with a rookie that can't block? Watch out the Falcons bring the heat on Manning like they did to his brother and Brees.

12 Last