Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Eagles a 3.5 point Dog? SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!

Alright lets talk about the Bengals little 4 game win streak that came to an abrupt end this past Sunday. The 1st game was a legit beatdown of the NY Giants in which I liked the Bengals alot in this game as the Giants had suddenly went off form and were headed into there bye. The week before the Bengals played well losing to the Broncos by 8. Then after the Giants win cup cake city began as they defeated the entire AFC west excluding the Broncos. Then they play Dallas as a solid 3 point favorite, I wagered upon Dallas in this game and I feel like I was lucky to cash, the Bengals did everything they could including several dropped interceptions to not win this game. They should be embarrased of themselves IMO for that loss. Now they go on the road on a short week and there laying 3.5?

Now alittle about the Eagles. Look at what they have done the past 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago they played Carolina, I think they played better than expected as I wagered on Carolina in that game and didnt feel comfortable until the very end. The Panthers have since came back to beat the Falcons. 2 weeks ago they play on Sunday Night against Dallas, they seamingly marched the ball up and down the field on Dallas the whole game and a costly turnover turned out to be the difference in the game in which the Eagles were arguably best. Then hard fought for win over Tampa. These guys have not quit on the season, Andy is coaching for his next job, Nick Foles is playing for the permanent starting job and the defense looked a hell of a lot better going to a more basic defense last week. Now that all the pressure is off the Eagles they can start winning again, similar to what happened last year.

Throw in when 2 of my favorite angles unite, those being when you go on a long losing streak then you finally win a game then come back the next game in a winnable spot those teams do exeptionally well ATS. Then you go on a long winning streak, you lose, you then come back in a loseable spot which this is the team generally plays down again. Granted this angle may not apply as much because the Bengals are fighting for the playoff lives but still something to consider.

Wrapping it up theres to much value on the home dog here. The players love Andy and will play hard for him. I feel that the Bengals have flattened out a bit off of wins that make them look better than they are. Think about this the Panthers were only favored by 3 on Monday night against these same Eagles 3 weeks ago, now the Bengals come in who are fighting for there post season lives and the line is essentially the same. Whats that tell you?

EAGLES 31
    BENGALS 13

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not sure about the blowout score you predict. However something is pointing Eagles way for me as well this team seems to have turned the corner the past couple weeks and Foles is looking solid. On the other hand I agree with Bungles assessment slightly over-rated and over-valued. Good write up and GL Slim!

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Well slim- you convinced me philly ml +165---I took it just now
    thanks for the well thought out assesment-not enough of that around here IMO.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

What would you like the line to be? Considering it's basically a team that's had to re-make itself with it's star QB out-now with some mysterious illness.

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    What would you like the line to be? Considering it's basically a team that's had to re-make itself with it's star QB out-now with some mysterious illness.
    No offence to you but it has been a long standing belief that HF adv -is worth 3 pts -so what they are really saying is Cincy is 6.5 points better than Philly on short rest--I don't believe Cincy is 6.5 better than anyone.Just my opinion & this is a must win game for Cincy -in a must win game always take the points.-

Slimpickens

Thanks for the kind words R.P and Freakydave.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Both teams are unbettable

KTnamja
    i'm a SBR PRO
    KTnamja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Eagles are +6.5, for real?! Load up, boys.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Seriously, the line should be around 3-4 pts. Cincinatti front 7 pretty decent, Philly O-line coming back from injury. With protection, Foles is not a bad QB. He will replace Vick next year and Bryce Brown if he doesn't fumble the ball is good. I think him and David Wilson are good rookies. Both have speed and power and able to turn the corner. What the Eagles will be missing is Brent Celek. With Jackson out, the real threat aside from Macklin would be Celek. Celek better target since bigger and more physical. If the line is healthy and for Eagles it is getting there, this line is correct. Both teams will play tough. Yeah, Cincy wants a playoff spot, but everyone on the Eagles roster wants to be employed next year.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals best dline in league

Eagles Oline..lol

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Bengals best dline in league

Eagles Oline..lol
    ya they did real number on Romo

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I doubt they blow them out, but I think Phili covers, and possibly wins SU.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals are pretty good at beating the below avg teams. That's how they make their living. Line would have been in the 7 point range if Tampa and Cincy didn't choke last weekend so kind of getting Cincy at a value imo

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Even if Cincy and Tampa don't choke there is no way we would have seen 7.. maybe 4 at best! Even in a loss it can change pub perception if Philly had lost a close one at Tampa holding them to 21 in the process their stock would rise. Going into that game I'm sure the avg Joe had a 21 pt blowout in mind with Tampa hanging in 40 range on them.

that1Guy
    that1Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

your drunk if you think the eagles win SU or even cover for that matter. this is going to be a pissed off bengals team after letting the cowboys win that game last week. this game will be somewhere in the 28-13 range. bengals line play will dominate on both sides of the ball

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by that1Guy View Post
    your drunk if you think the eagles win SU or even cover for that matter. this is going to be a pissed off bengals team after letting the cowboys win that game last week. this game will be somewhere in the 28-13 range. bengals line play will dominate on both sides of the ball
    Oh, the Bengals are gonna be pissed? Im so scared, the big bad Bengals are pissed. Im so afraid of that vanilla offense.

that1Guy

my entire bankroll is on the bengals -3 ... all im going to do is laugh all the way to the bank after the bengals steamroll the dysfunctional eagles.

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by that1Guy View Post
    my entire bankroll is on the bengals -3 ... all im going to do is laugh all the way to the bank after the bengals steamroll the dysfunctional eagles.
    Wow big talk
    better be back here after the game to feast on crow

that1Guy

oh i'll be back, and a richer man

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

All in on the Bungles? Are the wittle puddy tats pissed Maybe they do win and even cover but this is far from a bomb or all in play for anyone who knows what they are doing. GL

that1Guy

how is this far from an all in play? Bengals are clearly the superior team in this matchup. the bengals front 4 will bully the eagles oline all game and cause havoc. Stop getting caught up in the fact that the eagles beat a bucs team that got over hyped for winning a few games in a row. you have a team fighting for a divisonal crown still and a 4-9 team whos coach is all but fired after this season is over lol ... bengals are still not getting any repsect and im fine with that bc i got a great line at 3. this game will be atleast 6 maybe 7 by kickoff

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Hey everyones idea of an "all in play" is different. I won't have much riding on this turd just some "action" money. So BOL to ya!