Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

I have this habit of losing everything I won early in the week on SUNDAYS...need help

Okay. These past 3 weeks, I was up around 2-4k fromn Monday thru Saturday...on to Sunday which is the last day of the week before settling up with my local and end up losing all of it back and more. Like this week I was up 3k going into Sunday. I lost the entire $3k and $500 on top of that so I am now down. WTF can I do. I know not betting on Sundays is a good idea but I feel I am jinxed on Sundays lol

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    Okay. These past 3 weeks, I was up around 2-4k fromn Monday thru Saturday...on to Sunday which is the last day of the week before settling up with my local and end up losing all of it back and more. Like this week I was up 3k going into Sunday. I lost the entire $3k and $500 on top of that so I am now down. WTF can I do. I know not betting on Sundays is a good idea but I feel I am jinxed on Sundays lol
    I do the same sort of thing, although its normally not that big of swing for me, my last few games always seem to regress towards the mean, if I am up big I lose, if down I come back big-time. Skip NFL and it sounds like you would make $, it is the hardest sport to cap, but that means you should be able to go 50/50 and not lose too much as a coin flipping monkey.

matt777s
    matt777s's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

Just stop betting Sunday.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

You never win.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one here can stop you from betting. I still remember the days when I needed to bet on every single game. How could there be a game and me not have a bet on it? It certainly sounds stupid but many of us have experienced it.

I can't understand who I was then. I must have been a favorite with the books since I couldn't even hit 500.

My best advice is to throw your cell phone into the sewer next Sunday.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Make a seperate account online to bet with on Sunday

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

happens to the best of us. its why the nfl is the nfl and why vegas was built.

i specifically have an account for NFL and action bets that i don't expect to build a balance on but so that i can have action on sundays without blowing out my bankroll at other books.

try that

GreekMagic
    GreekMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Today was pretty easy with denver / tb / dal covering. It really depends on what you bet on. Are you on such a rush, or are you making stupid bets cause you're up a ton?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to be extremely selective when betting the overpaid professionals. In league where money and stupidity run rampant, hand in hand, it is best to be extremely thorough in your approach.

Why is it many handicappers treat NFL Sunday as an event rather than a limited investment opportunity. Historically Saturdays are laden with value. Sundays are a great day to cut the fukkin lawn.