GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geno's Picks for WEEK 10 NFL and FANTASY FOOTBALL

Geno's Picks
    LISTEN NOW!

November 9, 2012
    29 minutes 37 seconds

Coming off his 9-5 week Geno has all your NFL and Fantasy Football needs in this weeks picks as well as an analysis of why benching Vick isn't the answer in Philly, why Andy Reid may have lost his passion for the game, and why Terry Bradshaw is a harmless buffoon... all that and the full week 10 Slate

calmeat
    calmeat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

Geno, not sure if you know what your talking about when it comes to the eagles. Not sure if your from philly or not (phillies jersey) but we are pretty tired of people not knowing what they are talking about telling us how we dont know what we in philly are talking about. First when it comes to Vick. Yes he can run and yes he made plays where he ran out of the pocket where foles would have been sacked. BUT Vick cannot read defenses and he hurts the O line more then helping them. 2 plays come to mind. One play you talked about in your audio where the NOS defender was not even blocked. I beleive its called a zero blitz. They overload one side with blitzers which leaves one guy unaccounted for in the blocking scheme. VICK has seen this before and SHOULD recognize it and instead he hikes the ball looks the other way and gets creamed and it looks like the O line is the ones who messed up. Dont get me wrong the O line is terrible but vick does not help it.

On the interception at the goal line the weakside LB showed blitz on that side Desean was in the slot and maclin out wide right (same side as blitzer) leaving them 1 on 1 with the defenders. ON the strong side (also shortside of the field) there was an overload of Defenders. Instead of seeing the possible blitzer and calling out something to desean who all he had to do was run an slant into an open middle of the field where the blizter vacated he totally ignored that side and went to Celek who had defenders all around him. This is were we the philly fans get frustrated and call for some changes. We know foles is a rookie and played well in preseason and we know hes not as mobile but he can read defenses, actually see over our line and get the ball out quick the 3 things you need to do when you have a bad O line and all 3 Vick cannot do. Plus when a non starting QB is in the lineup the playcalling gets way better with more runs and that is what we fans are screaming about.

As for Big Red we are just tired of the same thing always coming up short never delivering us a championship in 14 years when he had plently of talent to make some Runs. Every week its the same old well i gotta put them in better positions we have to do this and that but those issues he says he has fix are the same issues for the past 2 years!

Outsiders thought we were crazy when we wanted McNabb gone when we were dead right and we are right about this too!

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by calmeat View Post
    Geno, not sure if you know what your talking about when it comes to the eagles. Not sure if your from philly or not (phillies jersey) but we are pretty tired of people not knowing what they are talking about telling us how we dont know what we in philly are talking about. First when it comes to Vick. Yes he can run and yes he made plays where he ran out of the pocket where foles would have been sacked. BUT Vick cannot read defenses and he hurts the O line more then helping them. 2 plays come to mind. One play you talked about in your audio where the NOS defender was not even blocked. I beleive its called a zero blitz. They overload one side with blitzers which leaves one guy unaccounted for in the blocking scheme. VICK has seen this before and SHOULD recognize it and instead he hikes the ball looks the other way and gets creamed and it looks like the O line is the ones who messed up. Dont get me wrong the O line is terrible but vick does not help it.

On the interception at the goal line the weakside LB showed blitz on that side Desean was in the slot and maclin out wide right (same side as blitzer) leaving them 1 on 1 with the defenders. ON the strong side (also shortside of the field) there was an overload of Defenders. Instead of seeing the possible blitzer and calling out something to desean who all he had to do was run an slant into an open middle of the field where the blizter vacated he totally ignored that side and went to Celek who had defenders all around him. This is were we the philly fans get frustrated and call for some changes. We know foles is a rookie and played well in preseason and we know hes not as mobile but he can read defenses, actually see over our line and get the ball out quick the 3 things you need to do when you have a bad O line and all 3 Vick cannot do. Plus when a non starting QB is in the lineup the playcalling gets way better with more runs and that is what we fans are screaming about.

As for Big Red we are just tired of the same thing always coming up short never delivering us a championship in 14 years when he had plently of talent to make some Runs. Every week its the same old well i gotta put them in better positions we have to do this and that but those issues he says he has fix are the same issues for the past 2 years!

Outsiders thought we were crazy when we wanted McNabb gone when we were dead right and we are right about this too!
    WOW!!! probably the best reply to one of my comments ever... FIRST OFF thanks for listening to the podcast and replying as i am not one of those annoying HOWARD ESKIN I'm right and you're wrong kinda guys ad believe that discussion is th funnest part of this. yes i agree with all you said up there as with a few exceptions of course.

yes, I am sure the play you are talking about was a zero blitz but i bet we can both agree that Reid should have been fired last year and Michael Vick is to reading a defense nowadays what Dante Culpepper was 7 years ago--one great season and after getting figured out he never could adjust to read the new ones being thrown at him--but with all that said there is no point in my opinion getting Foles killed until soemthing is fixed on that o-line. I mean going from peters to that Demeetres Bell is like going from an I-phone 5 to a rotary phone and thinking everything will be fine. maybe you're right, maybe Foles will lead to better play calling and smarter defensive reads. but my overall point was the same this i am going through as a Chargers fan

>>>Quick aside.. born and raised in Philly and still die with my Phils but as much as i like the Eagles and like to see them win.. growing up with only two NFL games a week --Eagles early NFC and the late AFC game then being Air Coryell and the CHARGERS--well unfortunately i fell in love with these lightning Bolts and have suffered so ever since ;-) <<<

The Chargers (like the Eagles cannot be surprised-as i am sure you are not) that they brought back the guy they should have fired last year and gotten the same results., but mid season firings usually get you what you have in KC.. Romeo Crennell doing well enough with a rejuvenated team until the new season when they are grossly exposed as lousy. I think the Birds and Bolts both need to get thorugh this with their awful coaches and then go for a Gruden or someone they wouldn't get now.

So can we at least agree on that.. that the Eagles O-line is the problem as much as the Bolts Front office is.. and then i would love to hear your thoughts on my opinion that Reid has lost his passion and it will only get worse.

okay... off to do my Geno Picks Video... Again buddy really apprteciate your listening. Follow me @genospicks on twitter and we can have these back forth's whenever your bored... or more likely pissed as an eagles fan! ;-)

calmeat
    calmeat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

Hey Geno good stuff,
    Yeah look I totally agree with you on your points and if the reason you are saying to keep foles on the bench is to save his life from this terrible O line then i am totally fine with that. The only thought is that we need to get foles in to really see what he can do otherwise this season will be a total waste.

I dont really think big red has lost his passion i think its more of the message not being received anymore. These guys just dont have heart there are no leaders on the team and they are soft. The one thing i do see is the players not having trust in the system. You can see shady on the sidelines complaining about not getting the ball. And then the Offense fails and people start to question the playcalling and then it grows deeper. I do think this will get worse until a change is made at QB otherwise the Offense will be as bad as they are with the same playcalling and same mistakes. I heard a stat on the radio today that the only team in the last 5 years to go 1st and goal 4 different times in a game and not score a TD was The eagles in 2009 (pretty sure of the year) which means the same problems we had 2 years ago are still here eventhough coach always talks about getting the problems fixed and blah blah blah. Its all the same and the fans are pretty much exhausted of this team and organization right now. Just looking forward to the future now.

And if we have talks on twitter everyt ime the eagles piss me off i think we will be talking alot. yeah i already started following wanted to see how your picks compared to mine.

GenosPicks

Quote Originally Posted by calmeat View Post
    The only thought is that we need to get foles in to really see what he can do otherwise this season will be a total waste.
    WOW... great point.. can't beleive i overlooked that after Schottenheimer basically made the some cowardly screwup starting DOUG FLUTIE to get wins after Drew brees had a sophmore slump and never put him back in to see if it was a slump or real. obviously we see now the talent he is but then it led the bolts to draft Rivers and after he held out Brees came back and...ughhh this isn;t about my probs it's about yours... hehehe

Thanks for the follow and the Week 10 Geno's Picks just went up in the thread...

most importantly.. what is your twitter.. wanna follow you and see your picks as well...