Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tampa Bay -3 vs San Diego...

San Diego long travel with the early kick. TB gaining confidence by the week leading the league in rush defense. Their secondary worries me slightly but this play looks solid.

Thoughts?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Not sure travel is all that relevant with San Diego having played on Thursday. SD can't run the ball anyway. Spread is sharp.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Not sure travel is all that relevant with San Diego having played on Thursday. SD can't run the ball anyway. Spread is sharp.
    It's sharp because public perception is SD is good and will make a run and 3 is enough to split the action...

But what were you expecting here?

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    It's sharp because public perception is SD is good and will make a run and 3 is enough to split the action...

But what were you expecting here?
    Books are juicing the hell out of the -3. I doubt it goes to 3.5 at any point. I'd play the under here over the sides.

SD is 4th in the NFL in rush yards against. There are going to be a lot of stalled drives in this game.
    Last edited by tatddy; 11-06-12 at 03:15 PM.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Doesn't San Diego have a November record of about 20-3 with Norv as coach?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Only thing is people in Tampa
    hate sports and dont support the rays or bucs
    basically a neutral field.

that being said Tampa is a better team and
    they should win by 10 +

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Books are juicing the hell out of the -3. I doubt it goes to 3.5 at any point. I'd play the under here over the sides.

SD is 4th in the NFL in rush yards against. There are going to be a lot of stalled drives in this game.

that is one way of looking at it,,i tend to think both teams run ds and weaknesses against the pass may promote more passing which could lead to more points...number does seem a little high tho, surprised it opened higher than tb/oak where it had shootout written all over it,,,need to look at sd red zone offense, id guess it isnt real good and tb pretty stout once teams get inside the 20....

tatddy

Anything over 45 is too high IMO

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vincent Jackson will have a big day

2daBank

Anything over 45 is too high IMO
    def surprising to me they set it higher than the oak gm,,,that gm had shootout written all over it, very curious this opened 1.5 points higher than that gm...im just starting to cap this card so i dont have a number yet, hopefully by the end of the night i have a pretty good idea what my card will look like..

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

san diego is a good team. problem is the turnovers. rivers throws SO MANY interceptions. you can't turn the ball over in the nfl. and you cant do it EVERY GAME. but when rivers doesnt turn ball over hes good qb.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Rivers has a new toy, Danario Alexander, he's a legit NFL caliber big play guy. Freeman been playing well but let's see what happens when the run game stalls. If Freeman has to win them the game, they lose. SD or nothing for me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Rivers has a new toy, Danario Alexander, he's a legit NFL caliber big play guy. Freeman been playing well but let's see what happens when the run game stalls. If Freeman has to win them the game, they lose. SD or nothing for me.
    odds alexander stays healthy even thru this gm are slim to none,,,dude been a walking injury going back to his years at mizzou....

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This is a coin flip game. The Bucs are on the right track, but they are due for a clunker. Good luck!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

chargers are the most unpredictable team in the NFL.

one day they are the best, one day they are the worst.

which Chargers team will show up? Chargers are an auto- no play for me.

fergie's balls

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    odds alexander stays healthy even thru this gm are slim to none,,,dude been a walking injury going back to his years at mizzou....
    yeah it's too bad, dude was a freak, though sounds like still has some of it in him...he'll have 2 to 4 games in him, get folks excited , before goes down again. he defintely gets significant targets in this game.

Bucs don't win 4 out of 5

2daBank

yeah it's too bad, dude was a freak, though sounds like still has some of it in him...he'll have 2 to 4 games in him, get folks excited , before goes down again. he defintely gets significant targets in this game.

Bucs don't win 4 out of 5
    prob a pass on a side for me, no way am i laying money on sd in a early east coast gm,,bucs pass d is bad but they somewhat opportunistic when teams get in the red zone and def stingy donw there, rivers makes a lot of mistakes in red zone so wouldnt shock me in the slightest if he moves down the field and fails to punch in their chances...sd front 7 very good but secondary can be had...i dunno, have to look into this some more..

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

SD+3 one of the best bets of the week

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Only thing is people in Tampa
    hate sports and dont support the rays or bucs
    basically a neutral field.

that being said Tampa is a better team and
    they should win by 10 +
    Have you been to a Bucs game this year???

Volfenhauser
    Volfenhauser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    San Diego long travel with the early kick. TB gaining confidence by the week leading the league in rush defense. Their secondary worries me slightly but this play looks solid.

Thoughts?
    This game has me worried, personally i am leaning San Diego +3 because well San Diego has major talent and are capable of beating any team, Chargers have a great run defense and passing defense which i think if chargers get to an early lead, can destroy buc offense. More liekly though i feel like the squares like how bucs have been playing and will jump on it because they lost money on SD -3 against browns and they are kind of revenge betting....This feels like a pick'em so i'll take the points

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego graded as solid value this week for me. The most glaring difference between two otherwise fairly similar teams is the QB ratings against stat. The San Diego defense and defensive scheme has not neutralized QB efficiency in the least. San Diego on the other hand has.

I marked that down as soon as I saw a common opponent in play this weekend.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Quote Originally Posted by Volfenhauser View Post
    This game has me worried, personally i am leaning San Diego +3 because well San Diego has major talent and are capable of beating any team, Chargers have a great run defense and passing defense which i think if chargers get to an early lead, can destroy buc offense. More liekly though i feel like the squares like how bucs have been playing and will jump on it because they lost money on SD -3 against browns and they are kind of revenge betting....This feels like a pick'em so i'll take the points
    I didn't lose money on that Chargers +3 (not because I bet the Browns but because I didn't bet at all) AND I'm still one of those "squares" that feel the Bucs have been playing well. I'm sort of torn on this one overall. After seeing Peyton dismantle Rivers I never want to bet him again (I hated the Chargers to begin with gambling wise anyway). On the other hand I've never trusted Freeman.

After this huge fave weekend I'm certainly incline to lean SD +3. This will probably be a game I stay away from but for those planning to play it, make sure to do some legit capping because this line looks razor sharp to me.

Stelio Kontos
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

San Diego is not in a good situation here. This is the dreaded non conference road game....that is sandwiched between two divisional opponents. (Chiefs last week and Broncos next week). This is a throwaway game that means absolutely nothing to the Chargers.

-facing a rejuvenated young team with the desire to win.
    -Bucs have been the most explosive offense the last 4 weeks scoring an average of 36 points per game.
    -Bucs lead the league in rush defense and have a swiss cheese secondary.
    -Doug Martin is emerging and will force the San Diego D to crowd the box leaving Josh Freeman to heave it to Vincent Jackson WHO LEADS THE LEAGUE in yards per reception (22.9 yards per catch)

This game will play out exactly like you think it will. San Diego will abandon the run game early and Rivers will feast on the inexperienced Bucs corners. Josh Freeman will toss long passes to V Jax to keep up with the Chargers. Chargers lose focus/shut it down in the 4th quarter and Bucs cover.

BUCS-3
    Over 47.5
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave Stelio Kontos 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fergie's balls

Everybody , every square, every sharp, everthing inbetween, immediately jumps on auto fade SD in 1pm EST spot. So why are 'red hot' Bucs only -3 at home vs rubber arm Rivers and the worst coach in football? Line says it all.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Leaning SD +3. Think Rivers outplays Freeman.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everybody , every square, every sharp, everthing inbetween, immediately jumps on auto fade SD in 1pm EST spot. So why are 'red hot' Bucs only -3 at home vs rubber arm Rivers and the worst coach in football? Line says it all.
    Did you say the same thing last week with Lions -4? Or Bears -4? Or Broncos -4? Or Seahawks -4.5? etc.

fergie's balls

Frisco, valid point. just seems this number would have come out higher with all the anti SD ammo out there.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Freeman is not turning the ball over , he was playing great ball when he didnt have a run game like he has the past few weeks , vincent jackson is playing his old team and i think will have a huge game especially now that the chargers are worried about the running game

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

love paranoid losers like this. increasing bucs play thanks

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Line opens at 1.5 goes right to 3 the public is around 60% TBay
    The books got crushed last week this is 1 of the 3 games I will like
    on Sunday Im going SD even though that team has no heart.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Did you say the same thing last week with Lions -4? Or Bears -4? Or Broncos -4? Or Seahawks -4.5? etc.
    Last week was a blood bath for the books I dont see it happening again this week