marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

jerry Jones gets locked out of his own locker room, refuses to fire himself

It was a bad day for some NFL owners. Washington's Dan Snyder must be wondering what he signed up for after Mike Shanahan basically gave up on the season Sunday night, and Tennessee's Bud Adams left during the third quarter of the Titans' huge loss to the Chicago Bears, only to put his entire organization on notice later.
    But it's safe to say that no team owner had a worse day than Dallas' Jarry Jones. Not only did he have to contend with the million-dollar question from NBC's Bob Costas -- basically, why hasn't Jones the owner fired Jones the GM yet -- but he was also locked out of his team's locker room following the Cowboys' 19-13 loss to the still-undefeated Atlanta Falcons.
    Yep. According to Matt Barrie of NBC5 in Dallas-Fort Worth, Jerrah couldn't even get in to yell at his own players.
    @matt_barrie
    As to the Costas question -- which is a very legitimate one -- Jones wasn't all that sharp when it came to evading the truth.
    "Well, I think so . . . because he was there to dismiss," Jones the owner said of Jones the GM. "I've always worked for myself and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches and certainly I would have changed a general manager."

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think the Shannahan statement is being overblown. He was telling the truth, they have no shot at the playoffs now. Truth hurts sometimes i guess

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Think the Shannahan statement is being overblown. He was telling the truth, they have no shot at the playoffs now. Truth hurts sometimes i guess
    Yup, do you know of a better way to motivate players than "you better step it the F up or you will not have a job next year". And "We're done, so if you don't play well, there is no reason for me not to play your back-up". Could backfire, but then again, they are already done.

I don't see what can go wrong.