bullgodit
    bullgodit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 903

Early Week 4 NFL

I'm liking Houston with -3 hosting Buffalo and Philly getting 5.5 in San Fran. Any thoughts?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking eagles +5.5 over 49ers they should tear it up on the offensive side
    i could see them losing but should be a close game... 49ers might try and run the ball a ton I've been reading

eagles definitely need to play a full game for once though

rattlemonkey
    rattlemonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

I like the eagles, Id like Houston much better if we could be sure foster plays..

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

At first blush, I'd go the other way on both of those games.

Philly is 3-0 and perceived publicly as a Super Bowl threat, hilarious as it sounds. SF is 1-2 and all of a sudden everyone thinks they've fallen off. You're getting a little extra value with SF here.

Then again, it did open as SF -4 and has already been bet up so some of that value is gone, but anything under 7.5 would be Niners or nothing for me.

rattlemonkey
    rattlemonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

agreed, neither of these plays are among my early leans. Sf is due for a breakout game, but if I had to I'd take the hot team with the points

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    At first blush, I'd go the other way on both of those games.

Philly is 3-0 and perceived publicly as a Super Bowl threat, hilarious as it sounds. SF is 1-2 and all of a sudden everyone thinks they've fallen off. You're getting a little extra value with SF here.

Then again, it did open as SF -4 and has already been bet up so some of that value is gone, but anything under 7.5 would be Niners or nothing for me.
    Personally if I make a play it would be Eagles. I prefer to bet on the hot hand over a team that is "due".

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Personally if I make a play it would be Eagles. I prefer to bet on the hot hand over a team that is "due".
    That's the perception I'm talking about. The hot hand? The hot hand that was down 17 at the half to Jacksonville, only beat Indy because of some horrid officiating, and barely beat the Redskins at home?

SF isn't "due". They coughed up a lead against Chicago and then lost a division road game against a really good Cardinals team. They'll be fine. Weren't they 2-2 last year before finishing 13-3 or something like that?

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Has anyone made money betting Niners? I've made money betting Eagles.

No one here gets it right 100%... Eagles or no play for me. I don't trust Kap for shit.

bullgodit
    bullgodit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 903

I'm leaning a lot on the offseason drama with SF. Harbaugh and the front office have beef and that's gotta be poison in the locker room. Maybe I'm reaching but this looks like a team that is limping a bit. I think any good visiting team getting 5.5 is a safe bet.