milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I think you mean only 2 losing seasons in the last 20 years since Farve/Holmgren/Wolf joined in 1992. They did have a couple 8-8 years (non-winning) if you remember Ray Rhodes one year joke in 1999 and McCarthy's first year in Green Bay in 2006.

But this thread is about the Packers missing the playoffs. Packers have missed the playoffs 3 of the last 7 years.

2 of those 3 seasons they missed the playoffs was with a washed up brett favre that had a passer rating of 70 and 72.

the other was rodgers' 1st season and learning the offense.

if you really think rodgers has the possibility of a 70 passer rating then it's not worth arguing at this point (his passer rating last year was 122.5)

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Maybe they'll start another 1973-1992 like run......

Missing the playoffs 19 out of 20 years.
    don't remind me, those were the first 20 years of my life

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No Laker, I don't consider Rivers top 5.

Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Eli, Rothlesberger, Vick. He's probably around 10.

Laker clearly those first 4 guys are on another level than even Eli or Big Ben. They make the playoffs every year. Brees maybe the only guy that's missed a couple times since he really came onto the scene in about '04, and one of those years was a rebuilding year for the Saints.

If you have a top 5 qb, you have an 80% chance to make the playoffs. You're better off taking Saints to not make the playoffs with all the guys they lost. Good luck.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

so are you gonna hammer sanfran +230 week 1 ?

The Bull
    The Bull's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pakers probably win it all. Sorry

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Welcome back, LB.

I got Da Bearrrsssss on this one.

Or even the Vikes.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Good call son 23-7 Browns

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Team To Win NFC North
    Green Bay Packers -311
    Haha. Play Vikings or Lions instead. Ponder is on the way...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Packers 0-2.

Won't make the playoffs at this rate.

jbess
    jbess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Packers will definitely make the playoffs. I just put about $250k on them to do it. Might sell my nephew in Mexico for about $10,000 and throw that on them too.

mcontald
    mcontald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 418

Packers 0-2.

It's the preseason... get real man there's a lot of football to be had, and games that actually count for something as well.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

If Rodgers gets hurt I might be inclined to agree. Their backup is horrible.

Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Packers 0-2.

0-2... in the preseason... which means... nothing.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Has lakerboy recoup from getting pounded in the NBA?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Pretty stupid comment. Rodgers and the receivers alone make this a 12+ win team. Division is not overwhelming. Frankly, the schedule after September looks very managable.

Quickest way to derail GB:
    1) Rodgers INJ. But u can say that about any of the top QBs. Granted, backup QB is weaker w/o Flynn.
    2) Off line. Depth is nil. Wells was good; Saturday is dangerously close to being washed up. Keep an eye on him.
    3) One would expect the defense to be better. If NONE of the Def rookies contribute, look out. Could be more 41-38 games.

But NFL depth not as great as it once was. The top teams can stay there for a while.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

A lot of things have to happen for the Packers to miss the playoffs. Rodgers and the offense can make up for a lot. We all saw how much Brady and Rodgers made up for piss poor defenses last year. Unless Rodgers gets hurt, I don't see the Packers losing more than 5 games.

Mug
    wud up mug!
    Mug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1406

And what are u basing this off of pre season losses?? I'll take any amount wanna bet that ur wrong pal.... Put it up pal I'm a bears fan but I will put my $ with my
    Mouth. I'm with u on the lakers that's my team and we just added some great talent and still have the best closer in the game! Cheers pal

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2421

Anything is possible in the NFL and we all know that. I wonder out loud what the actual odds would be of this happening...

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Retardation all through this thread starting with OP..................

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

0-2

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by mcontald View Post
    It's the preseason... get real man there's a lot of football to be had, and games that actually count for something as well.
    Don't take everything so seriously....

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

No attention should be given to such a stupid thread. Team is loaded, starters have played a total of about 4 series in 2 games, and they have 2nd easiest schedule in league this year.

Nice thread clown.

Go put on your lakers jirt where you'll fit right in w/ your fellow t-shirt Laker fans.
    Last edited by infamousbacardi; 08-17-12 at 09:09 AM.

PAULYPOKER

NBAprofosor exposes lakerboy

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

he made the same prediction about the saints not making the playoffs 2 season ago. I bet him and, of course, won.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

2 of those 3 seasons they missed the playoffs was with a washed up brett favre that had a passer rating of 70 and 72.

the other was rodgers' 1st season and learning the offense.

if you really think rodgers has the possibility of a 70 passer rating then it's not worth arguing at this point (his passer rating last year was 122.5)
    A washed up Favre? 2 of the next 3 years, Favre took two different teams within a play of the Super Bowl.

Rogers was studying and playing in that the same offense for years. It's not like it was a new offense for him.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

A washed up Favre? 2 of the next 3 years, Favre took two different teams within a play of the Super Bowl.

Rogers was studying and playing in that the same offense for years. It's not like it was a new offense for him.
    And if bounties were not placed on his head from the saints org. he would of won another Superbowl with the Vikings

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

I hope you're right lakerboy. BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!!

mcontald
    mcontald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 418

Don't take everything so seriously....
    Right after I pressed reply, it hit me that you may have been joking but i couldn't figure out how to delete my post

Griffey4Ever
    Griffey4Ever's Avatar Become A Pro!

What will your next prediction be....Vikings to the Superbowl?

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitlionsfan View Post
    so are you gonna hammer sanfran +230 week 1 ?
    @ +205 now

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Don't bet against Lakerboy boys

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I agree with the OP, to a point.
    This year's Pack is going to be the same team that finished last year, more or less. I don't know how they won 15 last year. Erm wait, they had one of the all-time great Quarterbacked seasons, easily. Rodgers, in spite of a HORRIBLE O Line did things that were just not seen ever behind a line like that. This year, Saturday for Wells at C is a minor downgrade, but other than that, the other 4 line spots will be the same (pending Newhouse's health or Sherrod's health). LT is going to SUHHHHHCK for the Pack this year, for sure.

Defensively, where's the improvement? At DT they brought in a few 'guys'. They had 'guys'. Now they have more 'guys'. Same goes for the Will side LB. They have 'guys'. Pass rush is going to come down to if Raji decides to play again and if they can get some production from the weak side LB. Pickett is another year older. Hawk still has a career of about 5-6 games (from the year they won the Superbowl) - and it looks like Desmond Bishop (their best blitzer by far) is in danger of missing the year - significant time away, at least. DJ Smith is no Des Bishop.

The Secondary is really in flux. Tramon Williams needs to get back to playing press cover. Who plays opposite him? Shields regressed. Bush is just horrible. House looks promising - but he's going to miss time. Woodson playing nickel CB or SS in the base 3-4 is a good fit... But losing Nicky Collins is HUGE. Although he had miserable 'ball skills', he was THE best FS in the NFL up until his career ending injury. He just never got the credit. If Wood isn't playing Safety in the package, there is a MASSIVE gap at one of the Safety positions. Morgan Burnett has potential to be better than average this year, or better - anything else they have back there is just garbage. When you are missing Charlie Pepprah, you are in trouble. This is a MAJOR hole right now.

So back to O.
    The RB situation is scary for GB. Starks, thru 1 preseason game looked unfocused. He's always been shite in pass protection and either AMAZING or just crap running the ball. Green looked big and fast in college. He looks small and below average in the NFL. I'd like to see how he develops on 3rd downs. Sane is just a 'guy'. Kuhn is not a great blocking FB, only adequate - as well as 'a guy' carrying the ball. What makes me scratch my head is Ted Thompson making a move on Ced Benson. GB does NOT give their RBs the football much, and Ced needs 8-10 carries to really get going. He's also not known for his pass blocking prowess.

One other point.... I gotta do it. Backup QB is a serious issue for GB right now. Graham Harrel was great vs the 3rd teams in preseason. Against 2nd teams? Meh. Miami will likely have to jettison Moore or Garrard - GB would be wise to make a move on one of them (Garrard's health pending). Even when Rodgers went down last year, the team could compete. If Rodgers goes down this year (highly likely), they become last year's Bears.

The whole 'it's just preseason' argument holds no water for this team. There's some changes from last year to this year - and most of them were changes for the worse. It's all up to Rodgers or nothing this year. I don't anticipate the D being worth a damn this year. They will be a dangerous team, but will they contend? I highly doubt it, unless they can start getting the QB and get some 'reasonable' coverage in the secondary.

chrispartlow
    chrispartlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

You mean there's no way the Packers will not make the playoffs this year.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Could start the season slowly, possibly 2-2 their first four at worst. They haven't had the best camp, rash of injuries; 18 guys sat out the Cleveland game. They lost their best ILB Bishop for the year, torn hammy.

Still, even if their offense drops off slightly from 35ppg last year, they'll be hard to stop again providing Rodgers stays healthy. A letdown after going 15-1 and not winning a playoff game? Rodgers and the vets won't let that happen.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Lions = NFC North Champs
    Only thing the Lions will be champs of is penalties again this year.

"Now introducing the DUMBEST team in the NFL, your 2012 Detroit Lions."

First 123456 ... Last