BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

This Game Jumps Out At Me!!!!!

Trying to sift throught the nonsense and get some good spreads early, and the current one that catches my eye is Oakland+1 vs. Kansas City! This is what I'm gathering.......

Basically its a must win for both teams, so both have the motivation to win! Raiders are on a 3 game losing streak, but losing to respectable teams such as Lions, and Packers, and also losing to a Miami team who has been playing very well. Raiders have a way better passing and running game than KC. This is only the 2nd game ever that the "new" Head Coach for KC will be coaching. I think that the Raiders are just the better team here by far! and I think that KC's win against GB, will have adverse affects! Its time for the Raiders to break out of their losing streak and put themselves back into the playoff picture! Raiders is the play! And we be getting points! I also have a feeling that this spread will move so I'm trying to catch it now! Anyone think this spread will move maybe back to a pick em or maybe even OAK -1? Im thinking movement and i wanna catch it early!

Cheers!

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Oakland has been playing terrible football... Arrowhead is a tough place to play, esp for a team on a downward swing... if i had to bet it, i may say oak just bc I think KC is a joke... but oak might be the worst team in football the last few weeks... wouldnt go crazy on this.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I don't know? Romeo Crennel can coach defense. He even held Peyton & my Colts down with Cleveland. Pitt only got 13 and GB struggled. Oakland has more talent but Palmer just tosses it up for grabs too often for me.

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

Quote Originally Posted by BoutDemCowboys View Post
    Trying to sift throught the nonsense and get some good spreads early, and the current one that catches my eye is Oakland+1 vs. Kansas City! This is what I'm gathering.......

Basically its a must win for both teams, so both have the motivation to win! Raiders are on a 3 game losing streak, but losing to respectable teams such as Lions, and Packers, and also losing to a Miami team who has been playing very well. Raiders have a way better passing and running game than KC. This is only the 2nd game ever that the "new" Head Coach for KC will be coaching. I think that the Raiders are just the better team here by far! and I think that KC's win against GB, will have adverse affects! Its time for the Raiders to break out of their losing streak and put themselves back into the playoff picture! Raiders is the play! And we be getting points! I also have a feeling that this spread will move so I'm trying to catch it now! Anyone think this spread will move maybe back to a pick em or maybe even OAK -1? Im thinking movement and i wanna catch it early!

Cheers!

so Oak losing to GB is a good thing but KC beating GB is bad? what kind of logic is that... KC has been playing excellent defense the past few games and with Orton at QB the passing game will open up a bit.

Oakland on the other hand is looking terrible and Palmer is getting worse. I think getting -1 with the Chiefs at home is the play for sure.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I'm leaning towards KC. I can't beat OAK on the road. KC looks like the play here with them being at home and Orton may surprise some people.

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

2 words..

Arrowhead Stadium.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    2 words..

Arrowhead Stadium.

thats funny cause the chiefs are 3-4 at home. i suppose the wizard of oz will be in attendance

holmes31
    holmes31's Avatar Become A Pro!

just a reminder, chiefs shut out the raiders earlier this season in oakland

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

KC just beat the all planet Green Bay undefeated never lose team fade theory, there must be those guys out there somewhere waiting to pounce Oakland.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

rebound game for Raiders and also a revenge game... Raiders did take the division last year 8-0...

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id lean Oakland myself for a few different reasons.

1. Remember that in Palmer's first action that the Chiefs WAXED these guys. (Revenge)
    2. Chiefs off the biggest high of their season.
    3. Obviously the true squares will be behind KC here as they just witnessed them beating GB. Then the common misconception of how the week before GB knocked the cobwebs off Oakland like Betty Whites vagina. So GB murders Oakland and then KC beats GB. KC already shutout Oakland in Oakland. KC is obviously the better team then.
    4. Raiders statistically should have won last week. You simulate that game 100 times using those stats and i bet Oakland wins 70 percent. They had more yards, more first downs, 2x as many rushing yards and Palmer completed 80% of his passes. Turnover differential was 0 so it was a sheer coin-flip that they lost that game. Week before they were in GB and it was their 4th road game in 5 games. Which is usually a tough spot and add it was in GB. They still put up 350 yards, so its not like the offense wasn't efficient at all. They had 5 turnovers and could never recover. The week before they got blitzed by Miami going from the west coast to 12:00 game in Florida. Which again is usually a tough spot to be in. They only turned the ball over once and put up 300+ yards of offense, but just never recovered after playing a tight game the 1H. I don't think the Chiefs will blitz them and bury them like these guys did. Its a division game and they do know alot more about Kyle Orton then GB did last week.

5. KC isn't even favored by 3 points. They're saying their home field isn't worth 3 points and we've had people chime in and say that's one of the reasons they'll win. Think about that for a minute....It's awfully easy to take KC here with the line shaded towards Oakland. You don't think they're (bookmakers) are onto something here?. KC will have a flat spot here and the public will join in and witness this loss Saturday.

As of right now the % is pretty split, but remember true squares aren't betting yet, so i would be cautious taking %'s into account on early Thursday IMO.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you like Oakland then i would wait until game time. If it gets to 3 then that would be great, but even if it does go the other way then i think that's a good sign they're the right side anyways. So it really isn't to crucial to jump now. Id love to get -3 and buy the hook, but i think that might be a pipe dream.

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    Id lean Oakland myself for a few different reasons.

1. Remember that in Palmer's first action that the Chiefs WAXED these guys. (Revenge)
    2. Chiefs off the biggest high of their season.
    3. Obviously the true squares will be behind KC here as they just witnessed them beating GB. Then the common misconception of how the week before GB knocked the cobwebs off Oakland like Betty Whites vagina. So GB murders Oakland and then KC beats GB. KC already shutout Oakland in Oakland. KC is obviously the better team then.
    4. Raiders statistically should have won last week. You simulate that game 100 times using those stats and i bet Oakland wins 70 percent. They had more yards, more first downs, 2x as many rushing yards and Palmer completed 80% of his passes. Turnover differential was 0 so it was a sheer coin-flip that they lost that game. Week before they were in GB and it was their 4th road game in 5 games. Which is usually a tough spot and add it was in GB. They still put up 350 yards, so its not like the offense wasn't efficient at all. They had 5 turnovers and could never recover. The week before they got blitzed by Miami going from the west coast to 12:00 game in Florida. Which again is usually a tough spot to be in. They only turned the ball over once and put up 300+ yards of offense, but just never recovered after playing a tight game the 1H. I don't think the Chiefs will blitz them and bury them like these guys did. Its a division game and they do know alot more about Kyle Orton then GB did last week.

5. KC isn't even favored by 3 points. They're saying their home field isn't worth 3 points and we've had people chime in and say that's one of the reasons they'll win. Think about that for a minute....It's awfully easy to take KC here with the line shaded towards Oakland. You don't think they're (bookmakers) are onto something here?. KC will have a flat spot here and the public will join in and witness this loss Saturday.

As of right now the % is pretty split, but remember true squares aren't betting yet, so i would be cautious taking %'s into account on early Thursday IMO.

3. or the Chiefs have been playing great football on the defensive side of the ball lately and they are actually the better team?
    4. So its not the Oak just isn't good enough to win some of these games..? you come up with reasons for these losses but the fact is they continue to lose games because of their mistakes. As far as them not blitzing.. they probably wont have too Justin Houston and Tamba Hali will pressure Palmer without blitzing and their secondary is more than capable of handling Oakland's recieving core.
    5. LOL just because KC isnt -3 doesn't mean they are not giving them 3 points for their homefield.... they just think that the teams aren't even because .. well right now they aren't.

KC-1 all day.

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

Quote Originally Posted by holmes31 View Post
    I don't think you can really gauge that game cause kyle boller is a horrible QB and Plamer's first game as a Raider and only knew about 15-17 plays.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14044

heard this on espn/if all 4 teams in afc west wind up with 8-8 records def. possible chiefs win division/palmer throws pics and yes crennel can coach defense

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by holmes31 View Post

EXACTLY!! and are at home and just beat the best team in football and are playing against a team who has lost 3 in a row AND.......are favored by only 1'??????????????????

i dont use silly words like lock or game of the year but it is pretty typical of an nfl game to look too good to be true usually being just that.

basically the line is pickem. given all the factors leading into this one how could you not take KC?

which is precisely why i am backing oakland. it has been my experience that this paradox is how betting nfl works.

oakland is plenty pissed about giving up a 98 yard drive to lose while the emotional high kc is on clearly made their year.

i dont think either side is a playoff team, but i KNOW KC is not a playoff team. oakland still believes they belong and are gonna come into this one hungry. bush will be a load. janikowski and lechler are huge factors. and carson with games under his belt vs. being thrown into the fire vs. one of the elite corner tandems in KC his first week back spells a much smoother balanced oak attack.

and just in case i'll take the point and a half...maybe 2 1/2 by kickoff time.

no guarantees...just the way i see it fellas.

as always, good luck to all. ultimately its still us against them.

209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!
    209Raidernation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

raidernation here. im gonna fade my own team. kc will win and cover. my raiders lost a game they should have won, the lions game that is. now they have to travel to arrowhead stadium, play in the cold and try to redeem themselves because they gave up alot for palmer(draft picks). kc is the play here even though they are division rivals.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

No play here.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Quote Originally Posted by 209Raidernation View Post
    raidernation here. im gonna fade my own team. kc will win and cover. my raiders lost a game they should have won, the lions game that is. now they have to travel to arrowhead stadium, play in the cold and try to redeem themselves because they gave up alot for palmer(draft picks). kc is the play here even though they are division rivals.

I live in Norcal as I assume this guy does as well.

2 teams going in different directions.
    Oak pounded on road trip by mia/gb then laid a complete dump at home when they had the det locked up. Now you ask this team who just got humiliated losing vs detroit (losing a game that should of been locked up) to travel to play in the cold on xmas weekend?

Kc just got a new coach / New QB in and just beat the best team in the league..They are pumped still in it and at home.

Motivation > all (in the NFL)

I'd either lay off or take the chiefs in this spot