jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

49ers would be the best team in the league if they had an offense

Look, Im a Steelers fan. Ben should have never played and they should not have risked an injury. Barring that, even if he did play completely healthy he would not have cut that defense up a ton more than he did. Problem is that SF offense sucks. I mean sucks really really bad. Alex Smith is no better than Andy Dalton. I think they get their sh*t together on the offense side, they are Super Bowl contenders.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Well they are already Super Bowl contenders....they just have a mediocre offense. In a cold weather game late January up in Lambeau field it might not be that bad.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

could be said about a lot of teams..

if pitt had an o line with a a healthy big ben

packers if they had a d

pats if they had a d

saints if they had a better d

i would say saints if they could get complete homefield

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle
    Points Awarded:

GoCougs! gave Holtgetsback 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

~24ppg is not that bad.

Steelers are averaging less points and people considered them one of the top teams in the league.

Maybe they should have drafted Aaron Rodgers....

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Offensive line will be huge concern in the playoffs. Not a problem when they get a lead early but against the packers or the saints

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I agree that the 49ers offense isn't good, but you need to consider it in the context of the way that they win games. They've got a defense that gives up an average of 12 points a game. Such a stingy D combined with a placekicker who's been as solid as Akers means that they're capable of beating you even if you just let them get into field goal range a handful of times- which is a pretty dangerous type of team to play against. Plus, they've got explosion guys like Ginn on returns and Gore on carries that can break off big plays at any given time. This 49ers team is more like a 2000 Ravens type of team.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I am hoping and praying they will get Peyton Manning for next year! They would be unstoppable!

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the 49ers drafted Aaron Rodgers they would be going for ring #8.

Montana, Young, and Rodgers.

Oh and Garthia.

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers remind me of the 90s Steelers. All we were missing was a QB, and we had to live with not drafting hometown boy Marino until we finally got Ben. Well, Rodgers is San Fran's Marino.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin.mig View Post
    Problem is that SF offense QB sucks. I mean sucks really really bad. Alex Smith is no better than jake delhomme

corrected.

are you really that ignorant to think their offense sucks?

they have frank gore, one of the best running backs in the NFL.

they have vernon davis, one of the best tight ends in the NFL.

they have michael crabtree and braylon edwards, two star receivers/playmakers.

they have tedd ginn jr, a pure speed guy who also is an explosive return man, and can be used as a weapon on reverses, end arounds, quit outs, etc from the slot position.

you call that a bad offense? wake the **** up man. its about the quarterback. he is a bottleneck in an otherwise stellar offense. its like a 7 lane highway with an accident every morning that causes 3 lanes to be blocked off, and also causes traffic in the other side of the median to be slow as well as people are forced to look on (in the analagy, it means the defense is affected by having to constantly be on the field as well)

san fran just needs a qb. its that simple. end this thread or correct it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i plan on making some money on 49ers in the playoffs

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

49ers look a lot like the Ravens did when they won the Super Bowl

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

niners have a lot of offense- they just need to use it right and execute.

davis, crabtree, edwards, ginn (fast), gore

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    corrected.

they have tedd ginn jr, a pure speed
    guy who also is an explosive return
    man, and can be used as a weapon
    on reverses, end arounds, quit outs,
    etc from the slot position

you call that a bad offense? wake the **** up man. its about the quarterback

he is a bottleneck in an otherwise
    stellar offense. its like a 7 lane
    highway with an accident every
    morning that causes 3 lanes to be
    blocked off, and also causes traffic in
    the other side of the median to be slow
    as well as people are forced to look
    on (in the analagy, it means the
    defense is affected by having to
    constantly be on the field as well)

san fran just needs a qb. its that
    simple. end this thread or correct
    it.

Alex Smith is not as bad as Jake Delhomme.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Smith is so bad at the deep ball they barely have to defend... Life long NINAZ fan here.. Our d has been stout for yrs but exceptional this season... Sigh

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    I am hoping and praying they will get Peyton Manning for next year! They would be unstoppable!
    Actually would be a good fit come to think of it.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

corrected.

they have tedd ginn jr, a pure speed guy who also is an explosive return man, and can be used as a weapon on reverses, end arounds, quit outs, etc from the slot position.

you call that a bad offense? wake the **** up man. its about the quarterback. he is a bottleneck in an otherwise stellar offense. its like a 7 lane highway with an accident every morning that causes 3 lanes to be blocked off, and also causes traffic in the other side of the median to be slow as well as people are forced to look on (in the analagy, it means the defense is affected by having to constantly be on the field as well)

I quit reading when you called Braylon Edwards a star receiver.

Dude was a HEALTHY inactive last night with 14the catches on the season

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

corrected.

This

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

not a braylon fan either but i agree with the rest

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

The 9ers are garbage. The end.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    The 9ers are garbage. The end.
    Poor guy took the Steelers bait last night. Sorry guy.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Niners are a good team even with Alex Smith at QB.

Would like to see their D up against a top O in the NFC Champ/ Superbowl

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

They wont win Super Bowl because they wont be able to outscore N.O or G.B. but if they had an average qb, they would be in the Super Bowl. In plaqy-offs they will stack line and dare QB to throw and we all know what that means

k13

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    They wont win Super Bowl because they wont be able to outscore N.O or G.B. but if they had an average qb, they would be in the Super Bowl. In plaqy-offs they will stack line and dare QB to throw and we all know what that means
    Steelers stopped the run and still lost. The running game has been non-existent the last two months.

Alex Smith has a 91.1 qb rating, you make it sound like he has a 50 qb rating and can't complete a pass.

I guess the Steelers were too stupid to stack the line and dare him to throw. Would be easy Int's all over the place right?

If only nfl coaches with super bowl rings knew as much as SBR members.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Steelers stopped the run and still lost. The running game has been non-existent the last two months.

Alex Smith has a 91.1 qb rating, you make it sound like he has a 50 qb rating and can't complete a pass.

I guess the Steelers were too stupid to stack the line and dare him to throw. Would be easy Int's all over the place right?

He is in the bottom half of the league in passing yards... you cant deny that this is a running team. The stats that reflect him are 3rd down % and RZ efficiency, where they rank among the worst teams in the league in both categories. He has played well and done what has been asked of him this season. He has done well vs their easy schedule, and that is all you can ask of him. So I give him credit... but until I see them beat a good team (not pitt with ben handing the game away), I have a tough time giving the niners the credit that their fans are looking for. It was not Smith that beat the steelers, it was Ben coughing the ball up 3 times, and their defense repeatedly giving him great field position. Any team in football would have fell into 20 points last night (actually 16, if it were not for the phantom leaping off a back call on akers fg in the 4th quarter).

Chimneyfish

Alex Smith is never going to rank high in the league in passing yards. He plays in a West Coast offense. He also plays on an offense that features Frank Gore. What you should look at is his efficiency and ability to not throw picks. Obviously he's been having some big problems with the red zone (ironically, in previous years the red zone seemed to be the only place he looked good) but overall I don't think he has as many weaknesses as some people seem to think. Don't get me wrong- I'm not calling Alex Smith a top-tier QB by any stretch. I just don't think that he's been bottom-tier QB this year either.

Also, Ben turned the ball over 4 times last night- not 3. He was also sacked 3 times. I think it's unrealistic to put the blame entirely on Ben just having a bad performance without giving the 49ers defense their due credit. It wasn't a case of some mediocre defense having a lucky night against a slumping QB. It was a case of the best defense in the league doing what they've been doing all year long. Numbers such as 7 combined turnovers/sacks and a 52.3 passer rating directly correlate to the talent of the defense that caused them- they're not just some fluke coincidence on the QB's part.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    So I give him credit... but until I see them beat a good team (not pitt with ben handing the game away), I have a tough time giving the niners the credit that their fans are looking for.
    Do you give the Packers credit? Do you give the Saints credit? Both have played an easier schedule so far than the 49ers (Sagarin SOS ranked 29th and 32nd respectively, compared to the 49ers' 28.)

If opponent strength is the basis for who you believe deserves credit, who would you say is the best team in the NFC right now?

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

totally agree but that will probably cost them in the playoffs, they let too many teams hang around

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Do you give the Packers credit? Do you give the Saints credit? Both have played an easier schedule so far than the 49ers (Sagarin SOS ranked 29th and 32nd respectively, compared to the 49ers' 28.)

If opponent strength is the basis for who you believe deserves credit, who would you say is the best team in the NFC right now?
    I give both the saints and packers credit for 1 reason: They have qbs who can win a game for their team, and who have proven they can do it in the past. The NFL today is a qbs league, as shown by the ridiculous numbers that these top tier guys are puting up this season. I dont care how good your d is, the rules just do not allow the defense to have an advantage anymore. There will come a point where Smith will need to win a game for his team... and I just havent seen this capability.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    There will come a point where Smith will need to win a game for his team... and I just havent seen this capability.
    Did you see their game against the Eagles on the road? At one point the Niners were down 3-23 in the 3rd before Alex Smith crafted their comeback- including moving the ball 80 yards down the field for a TD on only four plays. In the second half alone he had over 200 yards, 2 TDs, and a 76% completion percentage with no INTs.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

I think I know a little more about winning a super bowl than you. 6 out the last 9 super bowl you need at least 28 points to win. Sf is in its 14th game and only scored more than 27 only once. This was against non play-off team Seattle. so if they cant score more than 27 points, how the hell are they going to beat an good play-off team. Do you really think they can beat N.O. or Green BAY BY scoring 20 points. I dont think so. Do your homework before you post a reply. Talk to me at play-off time. They beat a injured Pgh team with their center, QB(ThATS RIGHT), WIDE RECIEVER, BEST LINEBACKER OUT OF THE GAME AND COULDNT PUT THEN AWAY UNTILL LATE IN THE GAME. tHEY ARE IN THE WEAKEST DIVISION IN THE NFL. I love SF SO MUCH IN THIS GAME I DROVE TO vegas, MADE MY BET AND DROVE 4 HOURS TO GET BACK HOME. I HAD TO SWEAT A GAME OUT BECAUSE OF LACK OF OFFENSE

Chimneyfish

We must have been watching a different game- it didn't feel very close to me. I don't consider a game in which the favorite easily covered with 14 points left to spare to be a case of "sweating it out." Not only did Pittsburgh never have a lead, but there was no point in the game when the 49er's lead was less than the amount of the spread. Can't ask for much more than that.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post

I think I know a little more about winning a super bowl than you. 6 out the last 9 super bowl you need at least 28 points to win. Sf is in its 14th game and only scored more than 27 only once. This was against non play-off team Seattle. so if they cant score more than 27 points, how the hell are they going to beat an good play-off team. Do you really think they can beat N.O. or Green BAY BY scoring 20 points. I dont think so. Do your homework before you post a reply. Talk to me at play-off time. They beat a injured Pgh team with their center, QB(ThATS RIGHT), WIDE RECIEVER, BEST LINEBACKER OUT OF THE GAME AND COULDNT PUT THEN AWAY UNTILL LATE IN THE GAME. tHEY ARE IN THE WEAKEST DIVISION IN THE NFL. I love SF SO MUCH IN THIS GAME I DROVE TO vegas, MADE MY BET AND DROVE 4 HOURS TO GET BACK HOME. I HAD TO SWEAT A GAME OUT BECAUSE OF LACK OF OFFENSE
    How did the chiefs beat the Packers? How did the Rams beat the Saints?

How did the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl?

Games are not played on paper.

12 Last