Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Yancy's comments

Yancy Gates said after practice today that he deserved to be suspended for the Pitt game, and that Mick Cronin was just doing what he thought was best for him and for the team.

“It was a bad situation and I handled it wrong,” Gates said. “It was just a big misunderstanding gone bad, a situation made worse than what it was supposed to be, so you just deal with the consequences and try to move on.”

The incident that led to his suspension occurred in practice last week when Gates flared up at an assistant coach.

“I was caught up in the moment,” Gates said, “frustrated with a lot of things, but those are the type of things that you have to overcome being a basketball player. You can’t let them control your emotions. You just try to get through it.”

Gates said he sent several text messages to Cronin on Sunday night, then met with him this morning for a little over an hour.

“I was just basically trying to get it out, trying to get over it and move on,” Gates said. “Things like that, if you let them linger, they just don’t hurt you as an individual player, it hurts the whole group of guys. I don’t want to be the one known as a guy that hurt the team or anything.

“I just wanted to be back around. I didn’t want to make a situation that was already petty even worse. I dealt with my consequences. I missed the Pittsburgh trip. I didn’t complain about it. I made a mistake. When you make a mistake you have to deal with the consequences, so I just dealt with it and he let me come back to practice this morning.”

Stand up guy

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stand up guy? U must be joking

This kneegrow is only saying this now after the fact and trying to save face..

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumbass thug shouldn't even be on a basketball team anymore.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

See...what needs to happen here is...the conference needs to be suspend him and in doing so they need to be very clear why.

" We are disappointed with Yancy for being such a coward. His cheap shot on a player who was engaged with someone else at the time, with all due respect, was a bitch move. We are suspending him and hope that Yancy realizes that is not the proper way to fight if you want anyone to respect you. We certainly do not at this time."

Seriously, draw attention to the crime of the sucker punch, and educate the nation.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Shit happens fellas, live and learn!!!

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

bcats, this isnt about the fight right? this is from last year?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

No this is about the fight. Just released.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Wait your right Glitch i put up the wrong one

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Wait your right Glitch i put up the wrong one

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

griz not glitch

anyway u slice it, gates is a future felon. will do prison time at some point

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy is a flat out punk and should be suspended for the entire season.

Jonah

Seriously his manhood needs to be attacked a little bit. It would do a world of good.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

is therea a new comment made already? i would like to know what he says

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11837

Buried urself by posting that last article. So you think he was a standup guy for those words he said back then and now he cheap shots someone yesterday? Gates is a piece of shit

Jonah

Glitch, Griz,...putting in last year's comment. Boys, I believe we are dealing with a Cincinnati Man.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Buried urself by posting that last article. So you think he was a standup guy for those words he said back then and now he cheap shots someone yesterday? Gates is a piece of shit
    Are you fuking serious, it was a joke. Get it together bro.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11837

Sorry, incredibly obvious it was a joke coming from a cinci homer

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Do u not realize Xavier is in Cincy? There schools are separated by a couple of miles. I root for X when they are not playing UC. Sorry for the misunderstanding is was a joke and i dont condone this behavior.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Bcats just for starting this thread we're gonna go ahead and leave you behind on the next sbr road trip. We'll need you to think about your actions and how they've affected the board.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Cronin is being a puss about this whole thing also, saying he was begging the refs to take control and calm these kids down. Cronin had the chance at any time to sit his players on the bench and put the scrubs in.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Bcats just for starting this thread we're gonna go ahead and leave you behind on the next sbr road trip. We'll need you to think about your actions and how they've affected the board.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Cronin is being a puss about this whole thing also, saying he was begging the refs to take control and calm these kids down. Cronin had the chance at any time to sit his players on the bench and put the scrubs in.
    If he was kudos to him, but why bench your guys when your down and they still have there studs in? He at least reacted right in what he said after the game. Not condoning it. X and Chris Mack didn't. Letting players talk afterwards just down right dumb.

UC came down with way swifter and extreme punish's thought minus the whole Gates issue. X and A10 just trying to save there season

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post

If he was kudos to him, but why bench your guys when your down and they still have there studs in? He at least reacted right in what he said after the game. Not condoning it. X and Chris Mack didn't. Letting players talk afterwards just down right dumb.

UC came down with way swifter and extreme punish's thought minus the whole Gates issue. X and A10 just trying to save there season

Back in 06 Roy Williams benched his starting 5 against Duke for running the mouth and acting cool. Said he didn't care if they lost by 5,000 points the subs was going to play it out. After the game he said "I despise cool," "I've never seen one frickin' person who was cool who I liked.".

If you don't like how your players are acting send them a message and bench them if you think it's getting out of hand.