SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Jake Delhomme takes back seat to T.J. Yates

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little odd?

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how it works, but I thought that TJ Yates was just filling in for Schaub until a solid replacement is found.

Instead, they find a solid replacement, but make their rookie QB the starter and put the 8 season veteran on 2nd string.

Why are they relying on this kid to win the AFC South for them?

Astros148
    Astros148's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

jake is a turnover machine, we just need a QB who can manage our games as we have foster/tate and a solid D

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Plus Delhomme has only been there a week. As long as Yates doesn't turn the ball over, really no reason to sit him. Houston's great defense and running game can carry a mistake-free QB.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

No surprise. Jake is garbage. I would trust a rook before trusting Jake. No brainer.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Astros148 View Post
    jake is a turnover machine, we just need a QB who can manage our games as we have foster/tate and a solid D

Plus Delhomme has only been there a week. As long as Yates doesn't turn the ball over, really no reason to sit him. Houston's great defense and running game can carry a mistake-free QB.
    Good points. My buddy pointed out to me that Houston has not lost a game since Schaub went out. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post

Good points. My buddy pointed out to me that Houston has not lost a game since Schaub went out. Why fix it if it ain't broken?
    Exactly!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Delhomme is not a solid backup. He is a last resort. Season is practically over if Yates gets INJ.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little odd?

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how it works, but I thought that TJ Yates was just filling in for Schaub until a solid replacement is found.

Instead, they find a solid replacement, but make their rookie QB the starter and put the 8 season veteran on 2nd string.

Why are they relying on this kid to win the AFC South for them?
    All of the qb's the Texans auditioned (after Leinart went down) were told upfront that Yates was going to be the starter and they would be there for nothing more than insurance. If they had a problem with that, they were told to hit the road. Delhomme fully understood the deal and volunteered to tutor Yates with his reads (and that's why he was signed).

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Delhomme is not a solid backup. He is a last resort. Season is practically over if Yates gets INJ.
    Agreed. If this team is hexed and Yates goes out Delhomme goes in. No other reason.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    All of the qb's the Texans auditioned (after Leinart went down) were told upfront that Yates was going to be the starter and they would be there for nothing more than insurance. If they had a problem with that, they were told to hit the road. Delhomme fully understood the deal and volunteered to tutor Yates with his reads (and that's why he was signed).
    Good info. Thanks.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

delhomme is the worst active qb in the NFL right now.

my 2 cents.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Good info. Thanks.
    Thanks as well. I didn't realize HOU had this kind of belief in Yates. There were a bunch of things in the ATL game that showed they have fair confidence in him (beyond the usual coach talk) but the kid might make an interesting story this year. We'll see versus CIN (I took HOU and the points). Cheers

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Good info. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Thanks as well. I didn't realize HOU had this kind of belief in Yates. There were a bunch of things in the ATL game that showed they have fair confidence in him (beyond the usual coach talk) but the kid might make an interesting story this year. We'll see versus CIN (I took HOU and the points). Cheers
    Both of y'all are quite welcome...

AJ21
    AJ21's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Browns fan and I am amazed Delhomme has been given another chance in the league. He is a turnover machine and he should only be a last resort. He did tutor Colt McCoy very well last year and that is what he can provide for Yates. At this point he is a much better tutor than quarterback