mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Lets Talk SuperBowl Futures for a minute

Saints right now are at +795 on my book right now, anyone else see some good value on a play like this? for reference GB is currently at +120 and the Patriots are +355.....idk at nearly 8-1 this seems like a pretty damn good play for a unit or 2...comments, thoughts, tell me I'm an idiot and its a dumb play, something

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I like it ! I like the pats too. Chicago could be worth a shot aswell. If cutler comes back in the playoffs, they have a good Defense and a few play makers on offense ... it is all about who is going to start getting hot now and run it into the playoffs.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I like it ! I like the pats too. Chicago could be worth a shot aswell. If cutler comes back in the playoffs, they have a good Defense and a few play makers on offense ... it is all about who is going to start getting hot now and run it into the playoffs.

I agree on the Pats for another play at that price...we all know how good the Packers are, but I truly believe any team that hits the "upswing" towards the end of year can use that momentum to knock off any team, we've all seen numerous #6 teams roll through the first round or two (even farther) in last decade...

Youkeepthislove
    Youkeepthislove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3295

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I agree on the Pats for another play at that price...we all know how good the Packers are, but I truly believe any team that hits the "upswing" towards the end of year can use that momentum to knock off any team, we've all seen numerous #6 teams roll through the first round or two (even farther) in last decade...
    Packers last year...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I always bet futures during the offseason.

Patriots and Packers were at 8 to 1.

smittysayz
    @smittysayz
    smittysayz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Does anyone know a site where you can see the various Vegas books and their current futures odds?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played the Saints at +1500 a couple of months ago. Seems to me that +800 right now is still a decent price, but small enough that it won't provide a lot of flexibility in hedging. IMO, the smaller odds, even on good teams aren't worth it. Too many things can go wrong in a single game that could be the difference maker (ie: the Pats last year vs the Jets).

I think this late in the season, you're better off looking at the field of potential playoff teams and really assessing how many games they need to win (and which ones) to help narrow down who you're going to back down the stretch.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The Saints are sitting in a nice spot at the #3 seed. They'll probably cruise through their home playoff game and then travel to SF which has some questions as far as winning a high pressure game against a top team. Also, maybe NO can move past SF to #2.