t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Seahawks +whatever Thursday night

Seattle is a no-brainer Thursday night. A reeling Eagles team comes into one of the toughest places to play on a short week and they will somehow still be a small fave.

This is one of the easiest calls of the week. There's simply too many injuries and problems with what has proven to be a severely overrated Philadelphia Eagles squad. On top of that Seattle is already at a huge advantage not having to travel across the country on 3 days rest. Prior to letting the game slip away against the Skins, the Seahawks were starting to show some good signs.

Seahawks put the final nail in the Eagles coffin Thursday night. Take Seattle ML, the points won't matter.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I agree just hope Baldwin rice and Williams can shake off minor injuries in short week. .Beast Mode in Seattle watch run game come alive as well on Sea Ml big

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Very poor against skins what makes you think they better here

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Very poor against skins what makes you think they better here
    Read the first post bud.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Read the first post bud.

Did read the post don't agree with seahawks showing signs against the skins Washington not a good team but can't rely on Philly here though

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post

Did read the post don't agree with seahawks showing signs against the skins Washington not a good team but can't rely on Philly here though
    I said prior to Skins game.

Why can't people on sbr read?

my6sen
    my6sen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

i think over this game better bet here

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

No way..Seattle will run ball with T-jackson hurt I see a 24-17 gamme 44 too much

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Good spot for Seattle......just like vs Ravens they tend to show up vs these big name teams at home

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Good spot for Seattle......just like vs Ravens they tend to show up vs these big name teams at home
    Very True. Seattle at home against a big name team is usually money. Even though the eagles stink, they are still a big name.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

seahawks and under

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

While I agree, unfortunately the Offense of the Eagles will be lead by players trying to earn their way into this league, not merely some deflated stars. VY, Cooper, Avant and Celek, along with McCoy got their own thing going on.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle is a no-brainer Thursday night. A reeling Eagles team comes into one of the toughest places to play on a short week and they will somehow still be a small fave.

This is one of the easiest calls of the week. There's simply too many injuries and problems with what has proven to be a severely overrated Philadelphia Eagles squad. On top of that Seattle is already at a huge advantage not having to travel across the country on 3 days rest. Prior to letting the game slip away against the Skins, the Seahawks were starting to show some good signs.

Seahawks put the final nail in the Eagles coffin Thursday night. Take Seattle ML, the points won't matter.
    This statement is synonymous with "Prior to falling down the stairs, the Seahawks had climbed up the stairs a bit." I disagree on the Seahawks having value here, and also with the idea that the Eagles are mentally done for the year.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

This statement is synonymous with "Prior to falling down the stairs, the Seahawks had climbed up the stairs a bit." I disagree on the Seahawks having value here, and also with the idea that the Eagles are mentally done for the year.
    Birds are done SK. If it's a no-play for you then that's one thing but no one can in their right mind try and tell me Philly is the right play at Qwest Field on a short week.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

public still all over the eagles

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Fukkin amazing isn't it? Marshawn lynch will have a field day tomorrow night.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

6th bet on the birds this yr.... making it 4-2

Ticket#:44550617
    Dec 01 08:25 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Nov 30 05:09 PM
    NFL
    STRAIGHT BET
    [301] PHI EAGLES -150

600 / 400

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    6th bet on the birds this yr.... making it 4-2

Ticket#:44550617
    Dec 01 08:25 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Nov 30 05:09 PM
    NFL
    STRAIGHT BET
    [301] PHI EAGLES -150

600 / 400
    Why?

Lunc you might be the biggest philly homer on the forum.

dlunc3

Why?

Lunc you might be the biggest philly homer on the forum.
    You may be right... but I do not let that affect my wallet. If I think I have an edge with them, I bet them... just as I would any other team. Only spot it affects me is when I like the opposite, like this past week, where I chose not to bet the Pats though I loved them -3. I rarely will bet against them, esp when I am going to the game... but definitely do not bet on them every week, just as I dont bet on any team every week. I cap the games and pick my spots... 3-2 on their games so far this year, and am looking to make it 4-2... Suicidekings explains my reasoning perfect:

I'm confused by the Seahawk support... I really like the Eagles to take this game and like the current PHI -3 (+110) available.

Looking at the Seahawks, they really don't have much available on the ground. Lynch gets the majority of the carries, but he's more of a power back than a speed/agility guy that's more suited to be a #2 RB. In the air, Tavaris Jackson is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Additionally, Sidney Rice will almost definitely not play this week as he just suffered another concussion on Sunday. The short week will keep him out of the lineup, IMO. Their defense looks good on paper, but when you consider who they've faced, their "solid D" makes more sense. They really only have one win against a quality team this season and that was against a Baltimore team who were themselves coming off the most important game of their season (which virtually guaranteed them the AFC North division win).

People make WAY too much of the loss to the Patriots. New England has hit their stride and are a much superior team to the current Philly team. A lot of much better teams that the Eagles have been picked apart by Tom Brady. It shouldn't be viewed as an unexpected loss, and shouldn't detract from the matchup issues for this game. Philadelphia is a much better team than the Seahawks and presents matchup issues that will make this a tough game for Seattle to be competitive.

Specifically, Tavaris Jackson will get sacked no less than 4 times in this game. Short on receiving options and range while facing a depleted (but still quality) PHI secondary is going to expand the time he'll need to work, while being harried by an aggressive Eagles pass rush. Philadelphia is one of the best teams at bringing pressure and I really don't consider Lynch to be sufficiently dangerous that he'll be able to take advantage of the spacing of the wide 9 in the interior. Philadelphia will prioritize applying pressure to Jackson to help out their depleted secondary, and Seattle is vulnerable to sacks (particularly from pressure coming off the ends and corner blitzes)

On the other end, Vince Young has another game under his belt and looked pretty good early on against the Patriots. His completion rate is low for that game because the Eagles had to pass a lot when trailing in the game. He was only sacked twice, but pressured a lot in that game and still managed 400 yards. Seattle is very weak in their pass rush and VY is going to have the time to work. The one element that Seattle is very good at is run defense, but McCoy is extremely versatile and should challenge the Seattle defensive line enough that he will still probably get 70 rushing yards. I would expect him to get a few productive touches receiving out of the backfield as well.

Finally, in the second half of the last game, Andy Reid was taking a lot of abuse from the Philadelphia "faithful" and the one element about this team that often goes unmentioned during all the dream team talk, is that Andy Reid is very well respected by his players. This trash talking of Reid is a powerful motivator to this group
    to perform and given the matchup issues mentioned above, I expect Philly to win this game soundly. Something in the 24-10 range.

--- what suicidekings said sums it up pretty well... seattle is beat up, and without their top wr, and tavaris is beat up...

The key is the portion that I bolded..

GL
    Last edited by dlunc3; 11-30-11 at 05:40 PM.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

considering phillies reecord, and dlunc3's record of betting on the eagles, i would say it would be the opposite of homer, picking the right spots.

that being said, other then for need of action, this is a bad game to play in my opinion, and definitely not one of the easiest plays of the week.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

People just cannot get away from Philly no matter what? They could lose by 40 to Temple and people are on them at Seattle, complete retards

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Birds are done SK. If it's a no-play for you then that's one thing but no one can in their right mind try and tell me Philly is the right play at Qwest Field on a short week.
    We'll see. I have the Eagles -3 (+110). Seattle is without Sidney Rice due to concussion, and I don't know where people are getting the impression that Lynch is anything more than an average RB. Football Outsiders has him as their 24th ranked RB and 29th in receiving among RBs, via advanced stats. He racks up yards because Tavaris Jackson is crap and he has one of the best run-blocking OLs in the NFL leading the way. Even then he only manages 3.9 yards per carry and 71 yards per game. So where is this offense going to come from? Seattle is going to need at least 20 points in this game if they expect to win, and Jackson is going to be under pressure a lot from the start.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

We'll see. I have the Eagles -3 (+110). Seattle is without Sidney Rice due to concussion, and I don't know where people are getting the impression that Lynch is anything more than an average RB. Football Outsiders has him as their 24th ranked RB and 29th in receiving among RBs, via advanced stats. He racks up yards because Tavaris Jackson is crap and he has one of the best run-blocking OLs in the NFL leading the way. Even then he only manages 3.9 yards per carry and 71 yards per game. So where is this offense going to come from? Seattle is going to need at least 20 points in this game if they expect to win, and Jackson is going to be under pressure a lot from the start.
    The thing about Lynch is that he runs hard and is tough to bring down. If you've watched the Eagles this year then you know they have struggled to do one of the most fundamental things in football: tackle.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

why are you talking about marshawn lynch in every post when the eagles have arguably the best running back in football? i think a lot depends on if he plays or not wouldn't you say. Mccoy will rip seattle's defense if healthy. Maclin Cromarti Asomomuah, who is even playing in this game?

dlunc3

The thing about Lynch is that he runs hard and is tough to bring down. If you've watched the Eagles this year then you know they have struggled to do one of the most fundamental things in football: tackle.
    t

True, the Eagles have had trouble tackling this season... But they actually have had recent success with backs with similar styles to Lynch. Two weeks ago, Wells was held to 2.7 ypc... one week ago, Jacobs was held to 1.8 ypc... and two days ago, BJE, though he scored 2 tds (both near near gl carries) was held to 3.1 ypc.. In all, these type backs over the previous 3 weeks have been held to 127 yards on 49 carries (2.6 ypc) and 2 tds. The difference with these backs is that the eagles have also had to respect the pass with weapons like Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitz, Victor Cruz, Wes Welker, Rob Gronk, Aaron Hern, ect... Making it so that the eagles could not load the box and focus on the run. This week, Lynch, as average as I believe he is, is the Seahawks only legit weapon.. With Rice out, who else is there? A bunch of below average roster spots... Tavaris will also have trouble getting outside if he choses to run, as philly's fast d ends stay with him, esp as he is beat up..

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    why are you talking about marshawn lynch in every post when the eagles have arguably the best running back in football? i think a lot depends on if he plays or not wouldn't you say. Mccoy will rip seattle's defense if healthy. Maclin Cromarti Asomomuah, who is even playing in this game?
    Mccoy is good to go.. the toe is minor.. but DRC, Maclin, Vick are out.. Nnamdi is a gametime call, and most likely will play a similar role as last week.

t-wizzle

t

True, the Eagles have had trouble tackling this season... But they actually have had recent success with backs with similar styles to Lynch. Two weeks ago, Wells was held to 2.7 ypc... one week ago, Jacobs was held to 1.8 ypc... and two days ago, BJE, though he scored 2 tds (both near near gl carries) was held to 3.1 ypc.. In all, these type backs over the previous 3 weeks have been held to 127 yards on 49 carries (2.6 ypc) and 2 tds. The difference with these backs is that the eagles have also had to respect the pass with weapons like Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitz, Victor Cruz, Wes Welker, Rob Gronk, Aaron Hern, ect... Making it so that the eagles could not load the box and focus on the run. This week, Lynch, as average as I believe he is, is the Seahawks only legit weapon.. With Rice out, who else is there? A bunch of below average roster spots... Tavaris will also have trouble getting outside if he choses to run, as philly's fast d ends stay with him, esp as he is beat up..
    I know they have shown some recent success but I think you are underestimating how tough it is to travel cross-country for a Thursday night game especially when your team is already riddled with injuries.

Goat Milk

if Vick as playing I would hammer the Eagles just put it that way

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Young looked real sharp
    be careful

Goat Milk

but i can't back young. still i don't know, eagles could win man.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    if Vick as playing I would hammer the Eagles just put it that way
    He won't play.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Young looked real sharp
    be careful
    When did he look sharp? What games were you watching?

dlunc3

The key to this game is pride. As dysfunctional as this team has been, everyone of those players still has pride. There is a love for their coach in that locker room, and they will be fighting for him as they all heard the fans chant "fire andy" this past week. On top of that, esp for djax, as much as this team could give up right now, they are being labeled as soft. That might be the last thing an nfl player wants to be labeled as... I personally feel you see a fired up philly team come out to play tomorrow night.

t-wizzle

The key to this game is pride. As dysfunctional as this team has been, everyone of those players still has pride. There is a love for their coach in that locker room, and they will be fighting for him as they all heard the fans chant "fire andy" this past week. On top of that, esp for djax, as much as this team could give up right now, they are being labeled as soft. That might be the last thing an nfl player wants to be labeled as... I personally feel you see a fired up philly team come out to play tomorrow night.
    NFL players don't play for their coaches dlunc. The only time I've ever see that happen is if a tragedy happened to a coach.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This pretty much made my decision right here....

to go with the Eagles.

First Detroit, now Seattle....Lakerboy, you are in for a rough week. But you are getting used to that lately.

1234 Last