seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Does k orton start against bears next week?

Poetic justice if he does and wins, damaging the bears hope of making the playoffs.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes he does, but he won't win. There is a pattern presenting itself for first game starters this year in the NFL.

Carson Palmer's first game, Hanie's first game, etc. Have any of them won besides for God's gift to football, Tebow?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Poetic justice if he does and wins, damaging the bears hope of making the playoffs.

Bears win with me at QB....Orton or not. Bears did nothing wrong to Orton....he's not as good as Cutler although he's ok. Houston should offer something to KC for him since KC isn't going anywhere and Orton isn't in their plans anyway. Houston has the running game/defense to hang in the AFC with decent QB play.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

orton is a bad as they come but hanie is no prize eitherbut would stay with hanie before orton

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Yes he does, but he won't win. There is a pattern presenting itself for first game starters this year in the NFL.

Carson Palmer's first game, Hanie's first game, etc. Have any of them won besides for God's gift to football, Tebow?
    Why did you think Hanie was going to win and play well then?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Bears win with me at QB....Orton or not. Bears did nothing wrong to Orton....he's not as good as Cutler although he's ok. Houston should offer something to KC for him since KC isn't going anywhere and Orton isn't in their plans anyway. Houston has the running game/defense to hang in the AFC with decent QB play.
    Get your gear and get on over to soldier field then. I didn't see anything in hanie that says bears will win many games with him under center.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Kc's defense looked real good against Pittsburg last night. 10 points might win that game. And no one is worse than tyler palko.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Why did you think Hanie was going to win and play well then?
    I thought Martz would be smart enough to be conservative.

Truthfully, the Bears win that game yesterday if Hanie doesn't make any stupid forced throws and I figured that would be pounded into his head. He cost the Bears around 17 points and they lost by 5.

I'm pretty sure that this time, Hanie will realize that if he just plays smart football, the Bears will win the game and he won't try to force throws. I'm assuming anyway.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    I thought Martz would be smart enough to be conservative.

Truthfully, the Bears win that game yesterday if Hanie doesn't make any stupid forced throws and I figured that would be pounded into his head. He cost the Bears around 17 points and they lost by 5.

I'm pretty sure that this time, Hanie will realize that if he just plays smart football, the Bears will win the game and he won't try to force throws. I'm assuming anyway.
    Yep, that one gadget play at the end of the first half which is a terrible call in that situation with any QB was a minimum 6 point swing and probably cost the game. Marty cost the game with that call. The Bears were 6 yards from a 5 point halftime lead, instead they went in down 5. In a field goal kicking game that made all the difference.

Mr Handicapable

Martz is a dumba$$. It was confirmed in Martz's own words in the NFL Network special on Kurt Warner. Martz thought he was a genius because he had Warner, Faulk, Holt, etc. but he screwed it up and didn't run enough with Faulk costing them atleast 1 SB and then blamed Warner & replaced him with Bulger. KC has been blown out how many times this year? Bears still roll in this one.

Mr Handicapable

Get your gear and get on over to soldier field then. I didn't see anything in hanie that says bears will win many games with him under center.
    He'll be alright....IT WAS HIS FIRST FRIGGIN GAME Here's their remaining schedule:

KC
    @ Denver
    Seattle
    @GB
    @ Minnesota

KC = easy win
    Denver = Don't throw a pick-6 and you only need 14 max to win vs Tebow. Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs vs a high school passing game....see Lions game tape!

Seattle = Stop Lynch & win the game
    @ GB = Oh well
    @ Minnesota = They'll have their bags packed and golf clubs out

4-1 is very very possible

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    He'll be alright....IT WAS HIS FIRST FRIGGIN GAME Here's their remaining schedule:

KC
    @ Denver
    Seattle
    @GB
    @ Minnesota

KC = easy win
    Denver = Don't throw a pick-6 and you only need 14 max to win vs Tebow. Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs vs a high school passing game....see Lions game tape!

Seattle = Stop Lynch & win the game
    @ GB = Oh well
    @ Minnesota = They'll have their bags packed and golf clubs out

4-1 is very very possible
    Agreed. I think they'll go 3-2 over these 5 and make the playoffs at 10-6. 4-1 is possible though, you're right, but I"m expecting Hanie to choke one of the two games, either at Minnesota or at Denver.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I wouldn't count the Chiefs as a victory after what I saw last night. A decent qb beats the Steelers last night. Orton couldn't be worse than Falco. Yes he played last night like he was in an 80's band.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Bears haven't lost to a team coming into Soldier Field under .500 in more than 4 years.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

So this -9 is with Orton, is he officially starting?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    So this -9 is with Orton, is he officially starting?
    My understanding is that is the plan. Rather tall task. I don't think people understand how hard it is to jump right in the middle of the season and start at QB for a new team with a new offense. And to do it on the road, in a hostile environment, against a good defense. Tall task indeed. I would guess they run the ball a lot and keep the offense just as simple as possible. Also doesn't help that his receivers aren't that good and you got a guy like Dwayne Bowe who isn't interested in fighting for the ball.

37 total is a low number for good reason. Expect both teams to run the ball, a lot. Teasing the Bears down below 3 looks pretty good if possible.

NickJ3
    NickJ3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

"Any Given Sunday"

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

When was the last time a QB joined a team for the first time more than halfway through the season and started within the first couple weeks? Can anyone think of any? And I don't mean a backup, I mean a guy coming in cold with no history with that team.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    When was the last time a QB joined a team for the first time more than halfway through the season and started within the first couple weeks? Can anyone think of any? And I don't mean a backup, I mean a guy coming in cold with no history with that team.
    Carson palmer ring a bell. Keg collins. Brett favre three times, just to name a few.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Carson palmer ring a bell. Keg collins. Brett favre three times, just to name a few.
    Duh, yeah, Palmer, that didn't work out so well the first couple weeks.

Collins was beginning of the year, that's different. Favre never changed teams midseason either.

Palmer is the only one that comes to mind.

I think first game or two in this kind of situation is very perilous.