milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**WARNING don't tail the chumps on DET

too many threads and posts here from people taking the lions.
    i like to be a contrarian too, but over the long-term you don't make money taking 2nd tier teams against one of the best teams in history and praying for a back door cover.

either take green bay or the over or lay off, don't ruin your meal having to root against the unstoppable mr. rodgers...

d00d
    d00d's Avatar Become A Pro!

best team in history? what the **** is going on. you ******* homer.

the packers are not near the best team in history.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

green bay should be -13.5 in a real world

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    best team in history? what the **** is going on. you ******* homer.

the packers are not near the best team in history.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    No, in the real world they should be -4

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

not looking at detroit covering, they win outright

betting 2nd tier under these conditions over history would show good results
    vs normal conditions as you indicate.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

I'm going to be square and probably tease GB and the OV. GL

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    GB hasn't won a road game by more than 11 this season (7,10,11,6,7). Only 3 wins overall by more than 11. Their blowouts are vs. Denver, St. Louis, Minnesota. Big difference between winning and winning by that kind of margin.

6 is not unreasonable though. They certainly could cover that number. I think 6/6.5 is a very reasonable line here. I'd take Detroit +7.5 and I'd take GB -5.5. At the current number it's really a pass.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Packer 3-2 ATS on the road, winning by 8 pts on average, and have played nothing but shitty teams on the road (except the Bears)

Why not just lay off the game completely instead of putting your trust in that awesome defense from Green Bay, who have been performing really well lately...But of course, who can stop Rodgers....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Packer 3-2 ATS on the road, winning by 8 pts on average, and have played nothing but shitty teams on the road (except the Bears)

Why not just lay off the game completely instead of putting your trust in that awesome defense from Green Bay, who have been performing really well lately...But of course, who can stop Rodgers....

gb defense is awful. they are allowing 24 ppg the last 4 games versus 4 teams that will not be even be .500.

MakeitRain
    MakeitRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 785

I'm not buying into this crap on here either. Rodgers will come out ready to play and they will win by 10.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    too many threads and posts here from people taking the lions.
    i like to be a contrarian too, but over the long-term you don't make money taking 2nd tier teams against one of the best teams in history and praying for a back door cover.

either take green bay or the over or lay off, don't ruin your meal having to root against the unstoppable mr. rodgers...
    Go ahead and ride your emotion with your home team and get buried tomorrow.
    It is not who you play, but WHEN you play them.
    GB is the best in the NFL but is 10-0 and it's "D" is not so hot to begin with and will not be fired up, they have things pretty much locked up.
    Sure, for awhile, on national TV, they might come out strong. But Detroit will fight for their lives all 60 minutes.
    And GB might even come out FLAT and get blown out. Really.
    GB @ 9-0 was sloppy with TB at home, was up 2 pts with a few minutes to go, got a last minute TD. TAMPA BAY! AT HOME! Sloppy.
    Detroit is a quality club, has played a SUPERIOR strength of schedule compared to GB.
    Detroit has a very strong "O", is desperate, fighting for playoff spot, the game is on AT (a KEY) their top notch DL speed rush will get to Rodgers up the middle. That is the only way to deal with Rogers. He will still get his points, but not be as effective as usual at all. After Suh and others throw him around a few times, Rogers will start thinking, hey, I have to stay healthy for the playoffs, these guys are trouble.
    I like the Lions straight up but to be safe I will take the 6 points.

(How much did you lose betting on the Milwaukee Brewers against the Cardinals?)
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-23-11 at 11:28 AM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    GB is the best in the NFL but is 10-0 and it's "D" is not so hot to begin with and will not be fired up, they have things pretty much locked up.
    Sure, for awhile, on national TV, they might come out strong. But Detroit will fight for their lives all 60 minutes.
    GB @ 9-0 was sloppy with TB at home, was up 2 pts with a few minutes to go, got a last minute TD. TAMPA BAY! AT HOME! Sloppy.
    Detroit is a quality club, has played a SUPERIOR strength of schedule compared to GB.
    Detroit has a very strong "O", is desperate, fighting for playoff spot, the game is on AT (a KEY) their top notch DL speed rush will get to Rodgers up the middle. That is the only way to deal with Rogers. He will still get his points, but not be as effective as usual at all. After Suh and others throw him around a few times, Rogers will start thinking, hey, I have to stay healthy for the playoffs, these guys are trouble.

I think you're overrating Detroit and their defense. Should be a shootout. I do think like is far though. Take the 6.5 and you might have slightly better than a coinflip chance.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by MakeitRain View Post
    I'm not buying into this crap on here either. Rodgers will come out ready to play and they will win by 10.
    Rodgers may do so however he doesn't play on defense...

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    gb defense is awful. they are allowing 24 ppg the last 4 games versus 4 teams that will not be even be .500.

ohh no way....

jesus h.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

GB gives up lots of points, lots of yards, but how much is when teams are trying to claw back into the game. Green bay only allows 51% in the red zone, that is huge IMO. I know I'm a homer, but I'm realistic.
    Lions are not ready for the next level yet, packers can score a million different ways, Detroit needs to pass, and in that need they WILL throw picks.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

the over looks good considering the packers can't stop anyone and no one is going to stop Rodgers from keeping up with whatever his defense gives up.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Homer alert....

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    GB gives up lots of points, lots of yards, but how much is when teams are trying to claw back into the game. Green bay only allows 51% in the red zone, that is huge IMO. I know I'm a homer, but I'm realistic. Lions are not ready for the next level yet, packers can score a million different ways, Detroit needs to pass, and in that need they WILL throw picks.

The packers can score by passing the ball and returning INT's for td's and Cobb on special teams.

Sooner or later people will play them like they play new england and beat them.

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too many people on the Lions. All these teams "chasing history" rarely lose in the game that a lot of people are calling for.

Not sure on the cover, but I will throw the Packers in a teaser with the Dolphins.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Go ahead and ride your emotion with your home team and get buried tomorrow. It is not who you play, but WHEN you play them. GB is the best in the NFL but is 10-0 and it's "D" is not so hot to begin with and will not be fired up, they have things pretty much locked up. Sure, for awhile, on national TV, they might come out strong. But Detroit will fight for their lives all 60 minutes. And GB might even come out FLAT and get blown out. Really. GB @ 9-0 was sloppy with TB at home, was up 2 pts with a few minutes to go, got a last minute TD. TAMPA BAY! AT HOME! Sloppy. Detroit is a quality club, has played a SUPERIOR strength of schedule compared to GB. Detroit has a very strong "O", is desperate, fighting for playoff spot, the game is on AT (a KEY) their top notch DL speed rush will get to Rodgers up the middle. That is the only way to deal with Rogers. He will still get his points, but not be as effective as usual at all. After Suh and others throw him around a few times, Rogers will start thinking, hey, I have to stay healthy for the playoffs, these guys are trouble. I like the Lions straight up but to be safe I will take the 6 points. (How much did you lose betting on the Milwaukee Brewers against the Cardinals?)
    At the 2 min warning GB was up 9 with the ball inside the DET 20 & they didn't go for a td at all & then missed a 29 yd field goal they very easily could have covered 14.
    -SOS seriously?????DET- Dallas SF- GB play-NYG STL bare in mind SF is a surprise & STL WAS expected to challenge for their division. -GB & Det play each other twice a year they are always going to br ready for each other.SOS means very little in a division game.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never bet against the Packers, but I think Lions will cover this. Just hope they dont win outright.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know I won't be able to lay off this game. Shitbag Lions have ruined many of my Thanksgivings.. I'm sure they will again no matter what side I take

milwaukee mike

um sorry but
    1) the packers haven't played in milwaukee in 15 years or so - i live much closer to chicago than gb
    2) i didn't bet the brewers against the cardinals, but the series cost me quite a bit since i had world series tix that i could've sold for each game

the packers haven't lost a road game by less than 6 points this year, so by betting the lions you are praying for the unusual.

how is it a "homer alert" for some of you guys when i'm not even betting the game? although i do have action with sbrjohn's special on gb going 11-0.

my point is that the right side is either gb or the over but at 6 the line is probably close to right. no reason to see value in the lions like a lot of people here are doing, there are much better plays on the board.

and i guess a 10-0 team that has won 16 straight games has no claim to being one of the best teams ever? there's a very short list of teams that have won 16 games in a row

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

um sorry but 1) the packers haven't played in milwaukee in 15 years or so - i live much closer to chicago than gb 2) i didn't bet the brewers against the cardinals, but the series cost me quite a bit since i had world series tix that i could've sold for each game the packers haven't lost a road game by less than 6 points this year, so by betting the lions you are praying for the unusual. how is it a "homer alert" for some of you guys when i'm not even betting the game? although i do have action with sbrjohn's special on gb going 11-0. my point is that the right side is either gb or the over but at 6 the line is probably close to right. no reason to see value in the lions like a lot of people here are doing, there are much better plays on the board. and i guess a 10-0 team that has won 16 straight games has no claim to being one of the best teams ever? there's a very short list of teams that have won 16 games in a row

If you know the "right" side of the game, isn't it smart to bet it? I sure as shit know that I wouldn't be laying off a game if I "knew" what the "right" side was.

If you're laying off a game when you know the right side, You better be going all in on the "better" games on the board, since those must be locks.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    I know I won't be able to lay off this game. Shitbag Lions have ruined many of my Thanksgivings.. I'm sure they will again no matter what side I take

i usually parlay the lions opponent with the over on thanksgiving and it has hit 3 of the last 4. might be the right play again

milwaukee mike

If you know the "right" side of the game, isn't it smart to bet it? I sure as shit know that I wouldn't be laying off a game if I "knew" what the "right" side was.
    1) i don't KNOW anything
    2) a right side that's 51% right isn't worth betting at -110 is it?

ngates if you want a straight up bet for 400 points on detroit +6 +100 then pm me and post in this thread.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's going to be a blowout either way

All sharps on Packers

milwaukee mike

come on ngates i'll even take 12 pts/day for the 400.

a lot of people talk smack in my threads but nobody ever seems to want to put their money where their mouth is.

and again how can the packers not be one of the best of all time - you can always bring the list down - if you made a list of the 100 BEST nfl teams of all time they should be on it. and if not then they would be on a list of the 1000 BEST nfl teams.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Packers d is bad but Rodgers will eek out a win here. This is why I can't wait for the Niners to play them.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm may not be looking at the most accurate numbers for betting %'s, but on pregame I see 74% on GB so I'm not sure how this is everyone on DET...yet the game is sitting on 6.5. One would think this would've moved to 7 by now. DET is good enough to stay within 7 at home and I think the books know this as well. GB is the squarest play on the board tomorrow, but they are more than capable of opening this up so I guess it's sharp. I will add that Detroits 3-8 record ATS since 2000 on these turkey day games has me even less inclined to play this.
    Last edited by ManBearPig; 11-23-11 at 02:23 PM.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

1) i don't KNOW anything 2) a right side that's 51% right isn't worth betting at -110 is it? ngates if you want a straight up bet for 400 points on detroit +6 +100 then pm me and post in this thread.
    No I don't want this bet, I don't like Detroit at 6 or even 7. It could be a blowout or a very close game. I don't like to bet on games that I think will be coin tosses.

I'm not the one telling people which is the right side, but not betting on it, that makes no sense to me.

milwaukee mike

No I don't want this bet, I don't like Detroit at 6 or even 7. It could be a blowout or a very close game. I don't like to bet on games that I think will be coin tosses.

I'm not the one telling people which is the right side, but not betting on it, that makes no sense to me.
    ngates i apologize for making no sense to you.
    in the future i will make sure to bet on every single angle, no matter how small, even though i said in the original post to either take gb OR the over OR lay off and i do have action on gb money line through that future bet for gb to go 11-0. i will have enough emotional interest in this game without adding stress by putting money on it. it's a holiday for crying out loud it should be a fun and relaxing time with family without having to worry about every play in a football game.

again i apologize a million times for offending you, not sure what else i could do for all the hurt i caused you by forcing you to waste time attacking me 6 TIMES in this thread.

you are the greatest poster in the history of sbr, and i will make sure to check with you before posting anything in the future.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

The Falcons are a shitty team?
    It's amazing the crap that is posted in these threads by the clueless.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Nice try mike.

You realize that I didn't mention anything to you after the original post.

You then quoted someone else and told us " my point is that the right side is either gb or the over" at that point I questioned as to why you wouldn't bet the game if you are telling us that you know that's the right side, you changed your attitude from GB or lay off the game to GB is the right side or bet the over.

Oh and I didn't know it was attacking, when I ask you a simple question as to when you know the right side of the game, yet you don't bet it, and you tell us to not bet the other side, because we are all chumps?

Once again Mike, nice try. And thank you for the compliment.

12 Last