Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Is Packers -7 a lock? or a trap?

smells like a fishy line

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

That is a correct line... Lions are garbage they are getting 3 points for being at home.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

No such thing as a lock or a trap. But GB -6 is a lock

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Going huge on Pack ML. They won't lose

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1144 View Post
    Be careful with that, the next two games are the games the packers could lose, not easy on the road in the NFL. It would be smart to tease up the lions to 13 with the cowboys

arsenalxiv
    arsenalxiv's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think we actually got great value here with Packers -7 after Detroits huge comeback win against Carolina. Ive never been sold on the Lions and have always bet huge against them when they are playing against really good teams (falcons and 49ers). They lost to both of them at home and there is no way they will cover here against arguably the best team in the league. PACKS ROLL! 34-17 BOL

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you use the word "trap" your gambling mind is all screwed up.
    There is no such thing.
    Bad mentality.
    (Take the Lions + 6, BIG)

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1144 View Post
    i don't agree with this approach personally. if the game is within a touchdown the packers are fully capable of losing bc the lions could be the team with the ball last, and packers don't have a defense you can depend on to win the game. the only way to feel sure they won't lose is if they don't get into that situation to begin with, so logically i'd rather just bet the spread than risk significantly more on the ML (and i do like GB -7 as i feel lions are being a bit overrated)

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Stafford throws picks, rodgers does not. You can't outscore a team like the packers.

Its going to take a team like pittsburgh, baltimore or texans (with schaub) with a more well rounded game to beat the packers

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    No such thing as a lock or a trap. But GB -6 is a lock
    No such thing as a lock or a trap. opened at GNB -6.5 and the early money moves the line around. moved down to GNB -6 and now back to GNB -6.5. that -7 your getting is not the current consensus #.

PAULYPOKER

the play is DET> ML

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

i'm on DET ML!!

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

I believe the Lions have the firepower on offense to keep this close. Tampa does not have the weapons on the offensive side of the ball and they were able to score points last weekend. I have to believe the Lions will do the same especially at home on Thanksgiving. The huge comeback win on Sunday may have them in a let down situation but everyone in the country will be watching. I'm sure they know everyone thinks it will be same old same old - Lions getting crushed on Turkey day. It's potentially their time to prove they are better than everyone thinks. I'm not saying they are but anything can happen any given Sunday (or Thursday).

FU2BH
    FU2BH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers - 6.5 is the play Thursday, unless you want to lose some cash.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I would have thought this line would have been -10. seems like the books are begging you to take the cheesewiz

arsenalxiv
    arsenalxiv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    smells like a fishy line
    Just curious...did u bet against NE last night also because they were favored at -17.5? If ever this is a trap toward lions making people feel that lions can even keep it close. I guess you can always gamble and hope lions will pull it off but why bet against a stud QB like Rodgers? Same goes to anyone who didn't cash in last nights game by betting against NE. False hope..

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I would have thought this line would have been -10. seems like the books are begging you to take the cheesewiz
    -10 on the road against a team many people think will hand the Pack their first loss of the season? No way. Line looks right to me. I think the game stays within one score so it could go either way. Very well could be the team with the ball last wins the game. GL.

FU2BH
    FU2BH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyt76 View Post
    -10 on the road against a team many people think will hand the Pack their first loss of the season? No way. Line looks right to me. I think the game stays within one score so it could go either way. Very well could be the team with the ball last wins the game. GL.

MakeitRain
    MakeitRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 785

I just put in my bet -6.5 pack. I figure it will go up to 7 by the end of the day.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Detroit is the trap.
    GB looked faded against TB at home, so everyone and their mother is going to be all over Detroit.
    Look you idiots, GB -6 is the play, I would take it to -10 if I wanted to tease that shit.
    You're all morons.
    I am the football god.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

How about neither? Maybe 6.5 is a fair line.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Detroit is the trap. GB looked faded against TB at home, so everyone and their mother is going to be all over Detroit. Look you idiots, GB -6 is the play, I would take it to -10 if I wanted to tease that shit. You're all morons. I am the football god.
    I don't know where to start,

this post is wrong on every level,

where are u gettin info from?

a bubble gum machine?

MakeitRain
    MakeitRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 785

i'm new here but this paulypoker guy is a douche...so i like my chances if he is on the lions.

hecameup
    hecameup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Line moved to 7 1/2. If your locked in at 7 your looking good.

Good luck

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

i like gb 1st half lions start off bad every game

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hecameup View Post
    Line moved to 7 1/2. If your locked in at 7 your looking good. Good luck
    Where do you see this? I see 6.5 everywhere and the only 7 is on BlowDog...no surprise there.

joedell
    joedell's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Where do you see this? I see 6.5 everywhere and the only 7 is on BlowDog...no surprise there.
    5dimes has 7 1/2

joedell
    joedell's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hecameup View Post
    Line moved to 7 1/2. If your locked in at 7 your looking good.

Good luck
    yeah got the lion at +7 last night and of course it went up to 7 1/2 today

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by joedell View Post
    5dimes has 7 1/2
    that was a alternate heavy juice tony special

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Detroit is the trap.
    GB looked faded against TB at home, so everyone and their mother is going to be all over Detroit.
    Look you idiots, GB -6 is the play, I would take it to -10 if I wanted to tease that shit.
    You're all morons.
    I am the football god.
    Again, if you use the word "trap", your gambling brain is off kilter. Warped.
    Only conspiracy nut - Vegas controls every game - the public is always wrong - so I am sharp - amatuer loons who are just starting to think they are smart use this term.
    Trap?
    10-0 GB will be flat, maybe hang tough for awhile, but they have playoffs wrapped up, will fade, solid club 7-3 Detroit NEEDS a win, will play 60 minutes like crazed dogs, Suh & Frailey & CO will sack Rodgers up the middle where it changes the whole game. GB OL will struggle with faster AT game, sacks, fumbles, rushed INT's, it is on AT, HUGE difference against a great pass rush.
    Detroit has played a SUPERIOR (# 2 vs # 30) schedule.
    GB "D" is sub par, Detroit has excellent "O". And GB "D" will not be fired up.
    GB is a bit banged up, their only decent RB is very ????
    GB struggled at home against TB, winning by 2 with a few minutes to go! Allowed 26, TB "O" is ca-ca.
    GB is the better team but is in letdown mode.
    If this was 4-5 weeks ago I might have stayed away. But they are 10-0 and Lions are 7-3.
    GB will let down and not cover tomorrow, allow 30-40 pts, probably lose a game or two, then come back and blow out a team or two, then let down for the last two as the playoffs approach.
    Detroit + 6.5 BIG!
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-23-11 at 04:18 PM.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

if you think Aron Rodgers does not want to go undeafeated as well as the rest of their team....you are sady mistaken....last week they were in let down mode against the Bucs...the Packers are taking te Lions very seriosly..................as was state eearlier in this thread ..how many of you sharps..to KC and the points on Monday night....if the ass reaming felt good to you....take the Lions and the points.......by the way if you do..hurry out to CVS or Walgreens pick up some K-Y that way it wont hurst as much............

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

This is going to be the Lions Super Bowl. If there was ever a time for the Lions fans to show up for a game, this is it.

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Again, if you use the word "trap", your gambling brain is off kilter. Warped. Only conspiracy nut - Vegas controls every game - the public is always wrong - so I am sharp - amatuer loons who are just starting to think they are smart use this term. Trap? 10-0 GB will be flat, maybe hang tough for awhile, but they have playoffs wrapped up, will fade, solid club 7-3 Detroit NEEDS a win, will play 60 minutes like crazed dogs, Suh & Frailey & CO will sack Rodgers up the middle where it changes the whole game. GB OL will struggle with faster AT game, sacks, fumbles, rushed INT's, it is on AT, HUGE difference against a great pass rush. Detroit has played a SUPERIOR (# 2 vs # 30) schedule. GB "D" is sub par, Detroit has excellent "O". And GB "D" will not be fired up. GB is a bit banged up, their only decent RB is very ???? GB struggled at home against TB, winning by 2 with a few minutes to go! Allowed 26, TB "O" is ca-ca. GB is the better team but is in letdown mode. If this was 4-5 weeks ago I might have stayed away. But they are 10-0 and Lions are 7-3. GB will let down and not cover tomorrow, allow 30-40 pts, probably lose a game or two, then come back and blow out a team or two, then let down for the last two as the playoffs approach. Detroit + 6.5 BIG!
    The Lions gave up 27 points to the Panthers in the first half! They were down by 24, and 21 to the Vikings and Cowboys. They lost a HUGE game at home to the 49ers.

The Lions are NOT THAT GOOD!

WIth that being said I am waiting to see the line movement tomorrow.

JGetty
    CBB Is Rigged
    JGetty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers are coming off a close one with tampa. They are going to come out smoking. Stafford is read like a book now matthieu and hawk are gonna eat him alive. Packers is the play.

SN: lions are good in these thanksgiving games at home. Something to keep in mind with your choice of betting

12 Last