SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Carolina vs Indianapolis....Colts only shot this season

What a crap shoot this game is. Colts haven't won a single game, and Panthers have not won on the road. Carolina is favored, but by only -3.5.

Honestly, I think it's worth a shot to go ahead and take Indy on the ML +180.

This is Indy's only chance of winning a game this season until week 16 when they play Jacksonville again. After this game, they face NE, Baltimore, Tennessee and Texas. They may have a slim shot at Tennessee, but I just don't see it happening.

I think the sharp play is to just bet the under, but it could very well be Indy's week.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

colts are horrible. Pathers have had several chances to win games this year but they simply could not end it.. If they get any sort of lead over 6 i dont see how colts come back if not by defensive or special teams score

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    colts are horrible. Pathers have had several chances to win games this year but they simply could not end it.. If they get any sort of lead over 6 i dont see how colts come back if not by defensive or special teams score
    All I can say is that it's possible. This is the NFL and anything can happen. Every dog has his day...usually. Since 1976, an imperfect season has happened only 3 times. Last time was in 2008 (Detroit). Before that was 1984.

It's kinda long shot, but the logic is there.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indy is lacking an ingredient that is essential to beating Carolina and this is an offense................

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

This seems to be the prevailing logic, but that makes me nervous because the Colts are just flat out horrible. You have to figure they're going to bring it for at least one game this year and looking at their schedule the opportunities are getting smaller so I understand here. I just think there are better games to make money on this week because this one seems to be too wishy-washy. Home dogs off a bye are generally a bad play from what I can see historically and are 0-2 this season so far so its not the best play IMO.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    I think the sharp play is to just bet the under, but it could very well be Indy's week.
    The Sharp play is to find another one.............Just being honest....

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    All I can say is that it's possible. This is the NFL and anything can happen. Every dog has his day...usually. Since 1976, an imperfect season has happened only 3 times. Last time was in 2008 (Detroit). Before that was 1984.

It's kinda long shot, but the logic is there.

The possibility is always there. Question is are you willing to put $ on it

Its ganna sound like im a pathers fan but im not. I just happen to watch all of there games on the sunday ticket. Their biggest issue is stoping the run and indy lacks in RB, pretty sure they rank among the lowest in the league.
    Its safe to say that its carolina w the hook or no play. Or taking the under like you mentioned isnt a bad idea either

SteveRyan

I haven't locked it in yet, but if I have a few extra bucks in my pocket on Saturday I'll go ahead and place.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Over Over Over 44 or 44.5! Carolina's front 7 is by far the worst in the NFL and Indy's O-line is getting healthy. RB Donald Brown (4.5 ypc) is a 1st round pick and wants to prove something. Kevin Smith came directly from Burger King and ran all over Carolina and Detroit doesn't run on anyone. I think Indy may go to Orlovsky too over Painter either before the game or early if he struggles. Orlovsky sucks too but Indy has had open receivers (Wayne/Garcon/Collie/Tamme) but Painter can't hit a 5 yard throw right now? Both teams specials teams are terrible also so we could see some big returns. Indy 27-24 but Over is the play imo

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Colts have packed it in. They don't care about winning this game they would rather have the #1 pick.