NG6
    NG6's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers ML

title should say 'packers ml'.

weighing up whether or not to make a huge play (by my standards) here. i've really stunk it up this weekend and am probably on tilt a bit. i have saved about 7k up for an overseas trip in the near future but loading up on the packers ml will nearly recoup my losses and restore a nice mental state. if i could get away with such a play, i would definitely restrict my gambling for the remainder of the season but i have no doubt the ticker will be going absolutely berserk throughout the game, as it would be hugely demoralizing if the bet came up short.

i think i'm leaning towards making the play, but i would appreciate some feedback i can use in my decision making process. i think i know the sensible answer but i wouldn't mind a semi-degenerate perspective.
    Last edited by NG6; 11-14-11 at 05:14 AM. Reason: incorrect title

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would definitely not make a huge play on the money line, from a semi degenerate point of view I still wouldn't make and instead play the 20 some college basketball games tomorrow for midnight madness. Good luck with whatever you decide

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

All i have to is If u make a huge play on vikings ML u are brave. Packers will probably lose sometime but who knows if it will be this week or not

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

vikes def capable of winning here. ponder lookin good and coming off a nice road win v carolina. problem with ML is ur probably paying like 500 cents extra in juice compared to the vig free line

NG6
    NG6's Avatar Become A Pro!

i actually meant packers ml. no chance, i go big on minnesota straight up.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Packers ML is terrific value here - the vikings have less than a 5% chance of winning this outright IMO

Christian Ponder is not gonna win on the road on a monday night primetime game against the defending world champs

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    vikes def capable of winning here. ponder lookin good and coming off a nice road win v carolina. problem with ML is ur probably paying like 500 cents extra in juice compared to the vig free line

you're out of your mind

ponder is still a rookie and he's gonna throw 2-3 picks. Rodgers will throw all over a terrible vikings secondary

Only way Eagles win the game is if AP goes for 300 yards and 3-4 TDs by himself and Vikings win like 45-38

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Lots of crazy shit has happened this year on Monday nights.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Vikings +20
    Over 45 1/2

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Take the Packers ML its a fkin lock

Richyung201
    Richyung201's Avatar Become A Pro!

The pack will win a nail biter in lambeau tonight and next week wait for it.... WILL LOSE STRAIGHT UP AGAINTS THE BUCCS .

arsenalxiv
    arsenalxiv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Packers ML is terrific value here - the vikings have less than a 5% chance of winning this outright IMO Christian Ponder is not gonna win on the road on a monday night primetime game against the defending world champs
    5%? Im curious how you calculated this percentage. Public is all over packers this year. Im one of them but not this game. What goes up, must come down. Vikings can and will upset tonight at Lambeau. Hate to fade Packers but Im going with Minny ML. 3u

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

If Vikes can control the ball and not turn it over they should keep it close... pack defense is your typical bend but dont break defense that causes lots of turnovers... if the vikings can find a way to control the turnovers we could be in for a surprise

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Packers ML is terrific value here - the vikings have less than a 5% chance of winning this outright IMO
    Taking a 14 point favorite on the ML is terrific value?

arsenalxiv

Packers ML is terrific value here - the vikings have less than a 5% chance of winning this outright IMO Christian Ponder is not gonna win on the road on a monday night primetime game against the defending world champs

also, how can you possibly give someone advice like packers ML is a terrific value here when you are only getting 12c for every dollar? really, terrific value? you have more to lose if you bet ML here. thats just stupid advice.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your going on packers ml obviously its a safe bet, but if you need the money for the vacation your planning, you should weigh risk/reward of such a big play.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Risking $725 to win $100 isn't good value.

The Vikings aren't completely horrible and it's a division game.

Likewise, GB hasn't been that great defensively and AD is the best back I. The league.

Rodgers is human. He could have an off night.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Pack 3-0 at home, Vikes 1-3 on the road.

Packers -8
    Over 44

arsenalxiv

I agree BigD. Anyone betting Packers ML for a "safe" bet or "free" money is asking for it. lol. I can just imagine how many bettors lost money on the Rams/Saints game that thought the same way. You might as well not bet IMO.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    If your going on packers ml obviously its a safe bet, but if you need the money for the vacation your planning, you should weigh risk/reward of such a big play.
    agree. tease it at -120 odds so if you do lose, your stake is lower.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah never go huge on a ML at around-700 no value whatsoever. Especially don't do in a national telivised prime time game. Monday night football is where the books make a ton of money.

I'm still not convinced the NFL isn't rigged either. Could be like wrestling all the nice plays and hard hits but it could be all scripted. I know that is probably not true but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case either. Stranger things have been revealed.