dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Texans Tampa Bay game

Today ( wednesday ) 5 Texans players didn't practice to rest nagging injuries. All are still expected to play this weekend. Andre Johnson did practice but probably will not play. I personally think this is a let down game for the Texans as they seem to be taking this game lightly. I am thinking of playing the spread on Tampa.

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

I don't know... Texans are explosive on offense even without AJ, they can run the ball all day on the buccs. That'll open up things for the passing game and the buccs have had no passrush the previous few games so Schaub should have a good game as well. The buccs didn't look impressive on offense against the saints in a very important divisional game and the Texans D has been playing just as good if not better. I think the Buccs drop another one by 7+

Ibanezalk3
    Ibanezalk3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know.. Their ground game has been lights out the past few weeks.. Foster is back to his 2010 self now.. They've had a couple good weeks even without Andre Johnson.. Even though TB upset NO, I see HOU winning pretty easily.. maybe 30-17.

surffreak
    surffreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

the spread is very shady public is all over houston as well, and the texans havent beaten anyone good, they lost to baltimore by 15 and oakland and almost lost to the jags. bucs are missing there top defender though.

dont be surprised if the bucs win this.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

I posted this in Trace's thread that I think Bucs win SU and i put money down on it. Let down spot for the Texans after beating a bunch of crappy teams. public gets buried

EastSideLV

I think the Texans have a better D than all of the teams the Buccs have beaten including NO. If they can't get Blount going which I don't think they will, they will really struggle. Freemans decision making has been pretty bad this year compared to last and if he's in 3rd and long the Texans will bring the rush and force some poor throws. Not to mention the buccs recieving core isnt too impressive and Mike Williams seems to be in a slump.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Road Fav of -3 previous 5 seasons
    57-32 SU
    47-36-6 ATS

........ and vs. Non-Conference opponent
    11-4 SU
    9-4-2 ATS

........ and current season
    6-6 SU
    4-6-2 ATS

Mr.UshuldBETonIT
    Mr.UshuldBETonIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on the Texans here it comes down to the ground game. Houston is top 5 in both opp. rush yards and rush yards and Tampa is bottom 10 in both stats. Bucs couldnt stop the saints on the ground good luck with foster and tate

EastSideLV

Quote Originally Posted by loopydude11 View Post
    I posted this in Trace's thread that I think Bucs win SU and i put money down on it. Let down spot for the Texans after beating a bunch of crappy teams. public gets buried
    Houston does have alotta wins against crappy teams but all of them were double digit wins as you would expect when a good team plays a bad one.

They beat the steelers who are a good team and had the game against NO pretty much wrapped up goin into the 4th quarter, so they are def a good team and can stick with good teams and I think they have been getting better every week, unlike the Bucc's who seem to be up and down. I don't think the buccs cover and def don't think they win.

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Bucs claimed Haynesworth today (not that it matters).

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I guess I'm going with the public with Texans -3.

I think some cappers are looking at this as a trap game, but I see it as a very hot, talented Texans team outclassing an inconsistent Bucs squad.

-3 is a mighty low number considering how much more talented the Texans are and how much more consistent they have been playing.

Texans should be able to run the ball down the Bucs throat and control the time of possession.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Texans all the way to da bank baby. TB has gone into hybernation and will not get to the playoffs this year.

Cha Ching !!!

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

houston is starting to look legit

surffreak
    surffreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    I guess I'm going with the public with Texans -3.

I think some cappers are looking at this as a trap game, but I see it as a very hot, talented Texans team outclassing an inconsistent Bucs squad.

-3 is a mighty low number considering how much more talented the Texans are and how much more consistent they have been playing.

Texans should be able to run the ball down the Bucs throat and control the time of possession.

you do realize vegas hasnt had a winning week in forever, and has lost some serious money...

i bet they win alot of there loses back this week.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I have to forget about let down game, let down spot. Last week, SF @ Was, they talked a lot about let down game for SF, and indeed they won nicely.
    This week, I really like Texans-3

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by surffreak View Post
    you do realize vegas hasnt had a winning week in forever, and has lost some serious money...

i bet they win alot of there loses back this week.
    Yes, I do realize this...why are you directing this question to me?

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideLV View Post

Houston does have alotta wins against crappy teams but all of them were double digit wins as you would expect when a good team plays a bad one.

They beat the steelers who are a good team and had the game against NO pretty much wrapped up goin into the 4th quarter, so they are def a good team and can stick with good teams and I think they have been getting better every week, unlike the Bucc's who seem to be up and down. I don't think the buccs cover and def don't think they win.
    if the Bucs are on one of their UP weeks this week, they have a shot to win.. if they are down, they'll get blown out. so screw the spread i'm taking the risk that they'll have an up week and pull the upset

EastSideLV

Quote Originally Posted by loopydude11 View Post
    if the Bucs are on one of their UP weeks this week, they have a shot to win.. if they are down, they'll get blown out. so screw the spread i'm taking the risk that they'll have an up week and pull the upset
    Well BOL to you then! I'm hoping they get blown out!

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

All signs point to Texans. As mentioned Tate and Foster can run for 100 apiece-offensive line is gold. Secondary made huge progress and defence in general is tops in the league. Texans are feeling their power now as they are at the best place in franchise history. Bucs are mediocre at best, looking at rebuilding. -3 is a great spot. Cheers

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Texans walk away in this one... Remember the year the saints won the super bowl they got up early on opponents and blitzed the living hell out of them scored on turnovers.

Texans are #1 D in the NFL

Who has ran on the Texans in the last few weeks?

What QB has had a Passer rating over 75

What qb has not turned the ball over and been sacked multiple times in the game

Texans can make a run for the #1 seed in the AFC

Don't over think this game the players know they have to play this game and kubiack is taking his foot off the gas with his players now that the sight of playoffs is in the near future and leading up to a bye week

Best of luck and I would be happy to go heads up with someone for some points

Weeton
    Weeton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Texans are a solid team this year. Tough losses to Oakland / NO / Ravens, all of which were pretty close games. Pitts is a solid win, and they won that very convincingly. They are definitely in contention for a #1 spot in the AFC. I don't bet the Texans, but this one might be all in for me.

flyer1179
    flyer1179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Texans should be favored in this one by close to a touchdown, I think Vegas is is really undervaluing them expecting a collapse down the stretch similar to last year. This will not happen, Texans D is playing lights out this year, Wade Phillips plus offseason additions have completely turned things around on that side of the ball. Arian Foster and Ben Tate are beasts behind that O-line and Schaub can throw it, if he's even needed in this game. The Bucs run D is horrid, and Texans are averaging over 200 yards a game on the ground in the past 3. This game will be over at halftime, I say the final score will be 30-13.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

this is one of my strongest plays this weekend...for the Texans. They are just rounding into shape and have an absolute shut down defense now that Wade Phillips has put them into shape. Sure, the Texans lost Super Mario but it's balanced out by the Bucs losing McCoy for the season this past week. I just see almost all the situational angles favoring the Texans here. I look at the Bucs and outside of Williams and Blount, who do they have on offense to put up any points? Anything can happen here, right? I also don't get the argument that the game means nothing to the Texans because while they have an apparent lock on their own division they still want to keep pace with Pitts/Balt/etc to have a home field once the playoffs arrive. Just my two cents.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by JosephPavs View Post
    Texans walk away in this one... Remember the year the saints won the super bowl they got up early on opponents and blitzed the living hell out of them scored on turnovers.

Texans are #1 D in the NFL

Who has ran on the Texans in the last few weeks?

What QB has had a Passer rating over 75

What qb has not turned the ball over and been sacked multiple times in the game

Texans can make a run for the #1 seed in the AFC

Don't over think this game the players know they have to play this game and kubiack is taking his foot off the gas with his players now that the sight of playoffs is in the near future and leading up to a bye week

Best of luck and I would be happy to go heads up with someone for some points