WilliamWallace
    I AM WILLIAM WALLACE!
    WilliamWallace's Avatar Become A Pro!

Teasers thread

I've had some success this year playing 4 team 13 pt teasers as well as teasers in general, so I thought I would start a thread to track them. I'm not saying take them, but I am hitting this season so far at about a 62% clip. I primarily play NFL games, but dabble in NCAA football.

I don't want to hear the sh*t talkers because I'm not proclaiming I am the be all end all when it comes to sports capping, just trying to track my picks to prove they are legit.

I have two plays this week:

1) 4 team 13 pt teaser
    Steelers +10
    Ravens +6.5
    Patriots +14.5
    Packers Pick em

2) 4 team 13 pt teaser
    Chargers/Raiders over 35
    Bills +18.5
    Atlanta +13
    Giants +16.5

Good luck this week!

I enjoy comments and advice as well.

Thanks

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

Sweatyguido
    Sweatyguido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Do u like this one?
    Pats +14 over Jets
    Falcons +14 over Saints
    Jags +10 over Colts
    Packers -1 over Vikings

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Vikings +20
    Vikings/Packers Over 45 1/2

Erwright
    Erwright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

I think this is a solid play.

Alabama -4
    Boise St -2
    Denver/Oakland Over 29
    Dallas/Buffalo Over 35

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

I've give you my thoughts as I've played these teasers for years now and don't want you making the same mistakes I did.

1) 4 team 13 pt teaser
    Steelers +10
    Ravens +6.5
    Patriots +14.5
    Packers Pick em

Steelers +10: As you already know, a tie = lose in a 13 point teaser. So grabbing Steelers +10 you're essentially getting them at +7. If they lose by 10, you lose. There isn't much value in this play.

Ravens +6.5: I would like to get over a score cushion here. Either I get +7.5 or there's no value. It's not easy to win on the road in the NFL and one TD late on a tie game will kill you.

Pats +14.5: This is a solid line, two score cushion with the pats is solid.

Packers PK: Solid one...they won't lose this game at home.

2) 4 team 13 pt teaser
    Chargers/Raiders over 35
    Bills +18.5
    Atlanta +13
    Giants +16.5

I try not to use totals in teasers. you only need 35 points here, but would you really be surprised if oakland fails to convert in the redzone? 24-10 is a common final score in NFL games.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Huego View Post
    I've give you my thoughts as I've played these teasers for years now and don't want you making the same mistakes I did. 1) 4 team 13 pt teaser Steelers +10 Ravens +6.5 Patriots +14.5 Packers Pick em Steelers +10: As you already know, a tie = lose in a 13 point teaser. So grabbing Steelers +10 you're essentially getting them at +7. If they lose by 10, you lose. There isn't much value in this play. Ravens +6.5: I would like to get over a score cushion here. Either I get +7.5 or there's no value. It's not easy to win on the road in the NFL and one TD late on a tie game will kill you. Pats +14.5: This is a solid line, two score cushion with the pats is solid. Packers PK: Solid one...they won't lose this game at home. 2) 4 team 13 pt teaser Chargers/Raiders over 35 Bills +18.5 Atlanta +13 Giants +16.5 I try not to use totals in teasers. you only need 35 points here, but would you really be surprised if oakland fails to convert in the redzone? 24-10 is a common final score in NFL games.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

the other mistake he made was teasing a 6 point underdog even bigger - you're much better off just putting dallas in a 14 point teaser making them + 8 point dogs at home (very very unlikely that buffalo would go on the road and beat a decent team by more than 7 points. Dallas rarely loses by more than that at home)

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Good thoughts Huego.....

Any opinions on these?

Tampa +16
    Cleveland +11.5
    Dallas +7.5
    Oak/SD un 61
    New Orl +13
    Pats +14.5

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

^^^Teasing the Bills up to 18.5 was the smart play. NO WAY Dallas beats Buffalo by 19 or more. In fact, Buffalo should win straight up. If you're going to tease a game, take a good team and get as many points as you can.

WilliamWallace
    I AM WILLIAM WALLACE!

That was my thought too. Buffalo getting 18.5 seemed more safe to me than the other way because Dallas is hit or miss. Getting smoked when game and then winning the next. Too inconsistent.

As for the Steelers, I know they are on the road, but it is a division game and these games are always close. And they are coming off a loss. I just don't see them losing two in a row and I think the Bengals and Dalton start coming back down to earth in this part of their schedule.

Valid point with the Chargers. I just like them in prime time to score some points.

Sweatyguido-I like that play, but the Jags kinda scare me. Rookie QB on the road with Freeney and Mathis attacking him. I think the jags would cover that, but it's not the safest of plays IMO

rubecube
    rubecube's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking at a 3-teamer of BUF +9.5, MIN +19, TEN/CAR O40

WilliamWallace
    I AM WILLIAM WALLACE!

Anytime betting against the packers is scary for me. They can put up points

I know its a division game and Vikes are coming off of a bye, but still scary.

rubecube
    rubecube's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    Anytime betting against the packers is scary for me. They can put up points

I know its a division game and Vikes are coming off of a bye, but still scary.
    The Pack seem to get backdoored a lot though.

WilliamWallace
    I AM WILLIAM WALLACE!

I'm on the following bets:

Steelers -3

4 team teaser
    bucs +17
    eagles pick
    packers pick
    pats +15

and a 6 team parlay
    6 Team - Parlay