brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Question to Eagles Fans/Observers

what's going on with the Eagles all pro Corners??

I watched that game yesterday and their corner play was absolutely atrocious. I didn't think Cutler or the receivers played particularly well and Cutler still had a 100 QB rating. If Cutler made a few throws on open receivers (and some receivers caught a few balls they dropped), they would have likely thrown for 300 yards with a 120+ QB rating

Why is this??? I remember watching Nnamdi play in Oakland and that dude was never even tested much less beat. Is it just the CBs not being comfortable with the scheme???

rubecube
    rubecube's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's definitely a scheme problem. They put Nnamdi in man coverage for most of last week and he played well. Last night they went back to playing him in zone and it didn't work. Eagles are also getting horrific play from their safeties this year.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
    It's definitely a scheme problem. They put Nnamdi in man coverage for most of last week and he played well. Last night they went back to playing him in zone and it didn't work. Eagles are also getting horrific play from their safeties this year.

why does the team play zone I dont get it??

Haven't Nnamdi/Cromartie/Samuel primarily been man coverage guys in their career??

rubecube

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    why does the team play zone I dont get it??

Haven't Nnamdi/Cromartie/Samuel primarily been man coverage guys in their career??
    Eagles have been a zone team for most of Samuel's career there. He benefits from it because he's not physical enough to play man on a consistent basis, and he's able to jump a lot of routes by playing zone. Nnamdi played man for the majority of his time in Oakland, and I think DRC was the same in Arizona. Quite frankly, the Eagles biggest problem on D has been scheme. They've schemed a defense that relies on their two biggest weaknesses (LB and S) and it really doesn't make any sense.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Offenses scheme to force Philly into zone. A good offensive coordinator will just make Asomugha into a safety essentially, or make him defend from the slot. He's a player that relies on technique, and that technique is playing bump and run, using his hands, and using the sideline to his advantage.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Watching the game reminded me of the NBA Finals. A strong veteran team vs a team of high flyers. Eagles are hype just like LeBronze and the heat.

pay on time
    pay on time's Avatar Become A Pro!

that loss put them out of the playoffs. Phila still has to play. DAL, giants, patriots, jets. two more losses and there done.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

The Eagles needs to draft the best Safety or trade for one. I think that's where their problem is.

The Eagles should have kept Brian Dawkins many years ago instead of trading him to the Broncos.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Nnamdi was never that good. One of the most overrated players in the NFL.

Things are easier to hide in Oakland and everyone was running on them because they could not stop shit. Oakland was always losing so it's not like teams are passing against him late games. No point in avoiding him when you are winning and going to run out the clock.

Do you see any teams scared of him now? Do you see them avoiding him? No one gives a shit about him.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Alex Smith had 291 yard passing against the Eagles. That should tell you everything about their all pro corners....

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Good breakdown k13... No reasoning at all behind your ridiculous statements.. try putting ray Lewis at safety and see how it works out... Nnamdi has been out of his natural position for approx 60% of the plays this season... In oak he played strictly man on the right side of the field.. philly retardedly has him moving all over and playing in a zone... You as a niners fan should know.. he made Vernon disappear the entire game until a td catch in the 4th quarter when they pulled him off him... He also did the same thing to dez bryant last week. Before hating on a guy, please have a clue what you are talking about. He obviously has had mistakes and hasnt played perfect, but when in his natural position, he is top tier. This thread should be hating on the eagles retarded coaching and scheme, not nnamdi.

dlunc3

As good as asante is, he no longer fits into this defense.. he needs to be a nickel corner and nothing more... The d is built now to play man coverage on the outside, stacking the box to stop the run with the lbs, and get to the qb with a 4 man rush with the fast ends.. drc has also been out of position all yr and has looked lost. Him and nnamdi need to be matched up on the outside and that's how it needs to stay. Asante has been great over the yrs, but unfortunately this team has gone in a different direction and he no longer fits in to the scheme.. philly coaching needs to man up and get it done.. yea asante will bitch, but that's how its gotta be..

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The Eagles needs to draft the best Safety or trade for one. I think that's where their problem is.

The Eagles should have kept Brian Dawkins many years ago instead of trading him to the Broncos.
    The mistake was drafting nate Allen two yrs ago and not earl Thomas in the first round... Allen has not been terrible, but he can't stay healthy, and is only average when on the field. I screamed at my tv back when it all happened.. and to this day am still screaming.. rather then trading up to draft an end, earl Thomas was the right pick and we could have used the later pick solidify the dline or another need.. since, we have gone out and got babin, so the graham pick was just a waste in comparison to what Thomas.could have been for this team..

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Amazing how an armchair homer knows more than the longest tenured HC in football?? I can't believe they don't listen too you telling them how it HAS to be?? I've seen you blame the HC, I've seen you blame the defensive coordinator, I've seen you blame the kicker, I've seen you blame the punter, I've seen you blame the refs, I've seen you blame the mascot. Yet, Micheal Vick continues to fail to put his team in the end zone, the defense can't stop a high school team, the corners routinely get burned by anybody who steps on the field & the entire team freezes UP in the 4th Q worse than LeBron.
    Why is it that when a team is 3-5 the blame goes everywhere except the key offensive player that can't get his team in the end zone when it matters & the umpteen all-pro DB's that give it UP more than a Tijuana ho??

Is there anybody else you would like to blame instead of where the blame actually should go??

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Nnamdi is a man to man corner. He would have fit great in Green Bay where they play mostly man to man press coverage. That kid is lost out there in zone coverage. Particularly that throw in the flat Monday night to Earl Bennet when Nnamdi and the safety followed the wr clearing out the flat for Bennet, who fell down after he caught the ball and was still able to get up and run for 10 more yards.

dlunc3

Did you forget what this thread was about ? Or do you just have nothing better to do then go in every thread you can to trash the eagles.. must be an angry cowboys fan huh?? No, you are wrong.. castillo is a first yr DC and is trying his hardest to make it work with the talented personel he has been given... If you actually watch the games, it is obvious that nnamdi and drc are not comfortsble in the positions he has.them in... And you nonsense about vick.. the guy had given his team a lead in the 4th quarter in 7 our of 8 games.. but the d can't make a stop when it matters.. sorry this underperforming and disappointing bad team embarressed your cowgirls on nationsl tv last week.. hey, at least you can hang onto the past right? You were at least good over a decade ago

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Amazing how an armchair homer knows more than the longest tenured HC in football?? I can't believe they don't listen too you telling them how it HAS to be?? I've seen you blame the HC, I've seen you blame the defensive coordinator, I've seen you blame the kicker, I've seen you blame the punter, I've seen you blame the refs, I've seen you blame the mascot. Yet, Micheal Vick continues to fail to put his team in the end zone, the defense can't stop a high school team, the corners routinely get burned by anybody who steps on the field & the entire team freezes UP in the 4th Q worse than LeBron.
    Why is it that when a team is 3-5 the blame goes everywhere except the key offensive player that can't get his team in the end zone when it matters & the umpteen all-pro DB's that give it UP more than a Tijuana ho??

Is there anybody else you would like to blame instead of where the blame actually should go??
    Except that Vick isn't the one calling asinine plays, doing anything on defense, drafting players, etc etc etc

I'm not sure why you think you know more about the eagles and their problems than actual fans. The fans soured on Mcnabb YEARS before he was exposed first at Washington and now at Minnesota (notice how the national media turned on him relatively quickly after years of worship). AR is the same thing, he is a fairly good coach and he excels at beating lesser teams, but he consistently makes the same mistakes year after year, mistakes which have nothing to do with Vick. In fact, I would venture to say that anyone OTHER than Vick playing behind this O-line this year would already be out for the season.

rubecube

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeben View Post
    Except that Vick isn't the one calling asinine plays, doing anything on defense, drafting players, etc etc etc

I'm not sure why you think you know more about the eagles and their problems than actual fans. The fans soured on Mcnabb YEARS before he was exposed first at Washington and now at Minnesota (notice how the national media turned on him relatively quickly after years of worship). AR is the same thing, he is a fairly good coach and he excels at beating lesser teams, but he consistently makes the same mistakes year after year, mistakes which have nothing to do with Vick. In fact, I would venture to say that anyone OTHER than Vick playing behind this O-line this year would already be out for the season.
    I don't think Vick has been great but I do think he's making the best out of a situation that involves terrible play-calling, a lot of dropped/tipped passes, and really poor offensive line play. However, the offense isn't what's losing games for them.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

The problem is they have to play zone for Asante. When he is gone next year they will be better in the secondary, but he is really holding them back.

rubecube

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    The problem is they have to play zone for Asante. When he is gone next year they will be better in the secondary, but he is really holding them back.
    Yeah, Asante in man is a bad idea. I'd like to see DRC getting some more reps and see some more man coverages with the blitz in games like Monday night where the front four couldn't get any pressure.

dlunc3

Yea no doubt...he will bitch nonstop, but its time.. asante needs to be s nickel.corner and nothing more.. let nnamdi and drc play where they are confortable in man to man on the outside and stop trying to get fancy..

rubecube

I wouldn't even put Asante at nickel at this point. The dude would take a beating getting bounced around in traffic and trying to stop the run.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

The problem starts with Reid.

rubecube

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The problem starts with Reid.
    This. The guy is great at developing QBs and RBs but he's just not good enough at designing schemes or managing games.

stevenash

^
    Remember the 49er Eagle game last year that Reid choked on?

rubecube

^
    Remember the 49er Eagle game last year that Reid choked on?
    We beat SF last year...?

stevenash

^
    I stand corrected, I thought you lost that game 27-24 after going up by 20.
    Good catch.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Did you forget what this thread was about ? Or do you just have nothing better to do then go in every thread you can to trash the eagles.. must be an angry cowboys fan huh?? No, you are wrong.. castillo is a first yr DC and is trying his hardest to make it work with the talented personel he has been given... If you actually watch the games, it is obvious that nnamdi and drc are not comfortsble in the positions he has.them in... And you nonsense about vick.. the guy had given his team a lead in the 4th quarter in 7 our of 8 games.. but the d can't make a stop when it matters.. sorry this underperforming and disappointing bad team embarressed your cowgirls on nationsl tv last week.. hey, at least you can hang onto the past right? You were at least good over a decade ago

I'm not a Philly hater but Vick deserves a big share of the blame. The D keeps them within 6 with 3 minutes left and they don't even sniff the endzone. That last throw was too high and thru Macklin off balance. It was an open and easy throw and if he hits him in stride then its a first down. Wasn't that Castillo guy an offensive coach? Why make him the D-coordinator? Its time for Reid to move on....he's Mike Martz 2.0. He's too soft...never wants to run the ball until its obvious that McCoy is his best option.....ala Martz with Faulk years ago.
    How many years did McNabb have the carry the whole team...rolling out for a pass on 3rd/1?
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-09-11 at 11:47 AM.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Philly is soft plain and simple....as a Colts fan I am very familiar with soft football. If the Colts could run for short yardage consistently and atleast finish in the middle in run defense then PManning has 3-4 sb rings!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Philly is soft plain and simple....as a Colts fan I am very familiar with soft football. If the Colts could run for short yardage consistently and atleast finish in the middle in run defense then PManning has 3-4 sb rings!
    Don't the Eagles lead the league in rushing? Believe me, the running game is not the problem with this team, it is the defense, and it starts with the Defensive Coordinator.

The problem on the offense is Offensive line and dropped balls.

rubecube

^
    I stand corrected, I thought you lost that game 27-24 after going up by 20.
    Good catch.
    No, that was this year LOL.

stevenash

^
    I need to stop drinking

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

cause it takes the line of scrimmage to win signing all those dbacks dont do shit if you got a shitty oline and no rush defense

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    manning is a choker, hes not meant to win "3-4 sb rings"

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    manning is a choker, hes not meant to win "3-4 sb rings"
    Choker? Hardly.
    You want to go with slightly overrated, I am with you, but choker? Come on dude.

12 Last