grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

British viewers can confirm that the FIX was in on Pitt/Balt

I used to naively think that pro sports were decided by who was the most skilled, motivated, trained hardest, executed the best game plan etc etc but since I spent 3 years living in the USA and got really into NFL and NCAA I now know that's not the case.

It was no secret how much money there was in peoples teasers which finished with Balt -1.5 @ the Jags the other monday. I didn't have one but I did make the mistake of taking the Jags ML in game when it was + money. It was beyond obvious that the refs didn't want the Ravens to win or cover and the extent they went to to keep the Jags second half clock eating drive going was disgusting.

Anyhow.. Channel 4 in the UK shows the late sunday game in each week. They have an English anchor and then some middle aged American guy as the color commentator. The American has made plenty of gambling references over the weeks and talks about how he likes a bet here and there. We get the US play by play callers but when the coverage goes to breaks in the US it goes back to the studio for us and the two guys I mentioned, plus pre game, half time etc.

Last night he said "This game will turn on a Joe Flacco mistake" at halftime. Then Flacco was was strip sacked not long after. I put that down to a good guess. BUT THEN...

With 2 mins to go Pitt gets screwed with the delay of game call and punts back to the Ravens. It cuts to the studio and they have a little back and forth about how Pitt could have ran the clock out better. Then he says "Pitt will really regret that when Baltimore scores a TD here" and very quickly corrected himself by saying "If they score...IF they score" and had the most guilty look plastered all over his face.

Low and behold Baltimore drives up the field and manages to score with about the last play of the game. Add to that the one sided PI calls on Pitt all night. They even showed us coverage of a Ravens defender shoving Cotchery (sp?) out the back of the end zone when Big Ben was trying to throw to him, and they were laughing showing a video of the Ravens O Line dancing round on the line of scrimmage yet no false starts being called.

F*cking disgrace.

my6sen
    my6sen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

i agree 100% wit u single game they always fix.so many trick they can rule

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

If the refs were on the side of Balt why not call that Ray Rice stuff at the goalline a TD? Why would they let the announcers in on the fix?

Honestly the stupidity of you tin-foil hatters is almost hard to believe.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

there was prob a delay on the broadcast or so...not a live game....

Westcoast0
    Westcoast0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

you sir(OP), are retarded

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Quote Originally Posted by romoney View Post
    there was prob a delay on the broadcast or so...not a live game....
    That is an interesting point. However I don't think it was the case as I was also following the game on bet365 live betting and although that is a few second delayed you can't screw them were talking this guy said "When" a good 10 real time minutes before Balt scored.

And I'm not saying they let announcers in on fixes but this guy is always talking about betting and how he likes to bet.

I know some of you will will think I'm retarded and thats fine. But you had to see the look on the guys face when he said "when" instead of "if". It was that bad that it made me put a good chunk of cash on the Balt ML there and then + @ +300 to hedge my Pitt bets. I still lost a good bit of cash but the hedge helped sweeten the blow.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlies1 View Post
    With 2 mins to go Pitt gets screwed with the delay of game call and punts back to the Ravens. It cuts to the studio and they have a little back and forth about how Pitt could have ran the clock out better. Then he says "Pitt will really regret that when Baltimore scores a TD here" and very quickly corrected himself by saying "If they score...IF they score" and had the most guilty look plastered all over his face.
    Right. And how many times have you seen a team choke at the end and give their opponent another chance to win the game, only to say to yourself "OK, that team's ******..."

Same thing essentially except this guy was unfortunate enough to say it on television instead of quietly to himself.

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too many examples of public faves doing the job and blowing away the other team for me to believe there is fixing going on.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a prime example of a true idiot.

I heard some stupid shit in the past but this post takes it

TEViN-BRADFORD
    TEViN-BRADFORD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

dem games be fixed cuz sometimes i dont be winning when i be right sometimes like those situations

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Announcers know the stats. That's why they are the announcers. Same thing for baseball there were so many times announcers would say so and so is due for a homerun. And boom there it is. So I guess the announcer was able to fix a homerun too right?

whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some blind/ignorant people in here....

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe this post was created to make the people who have doubts about the integrity of the games look bad. The reasons listed in the original post are far from convincing, and this is coming from somebody who believes certain games are fixed.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone who really believes sports are not fixed at times needs a serious reality check...stick around long enough with an open mind and you will w/o a doubt know it is 100% the case. Hell, i knew this as a child watching sports and i've also played various sports my whole life. Whether you're on the winning side or losing side, no denying this at all

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Yea, Joe Flacco fixed a 90 yard drive to win and made countless plays. Refs can fix soccer and basketball, football not so much