MuchoPeso
    MuchoPeso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Bears +8 Looks Too Easy...

This is one of those lines that makes me think the books are just begging you to take the dog. I mean, there's no way the Bears lose by more that a td right?

Well......

I like Philly in this situation. Remember the Bears losses to Detroit, Green Bay and New Orleans? All by at least ten points and all to pass-heavy offenses. Bears are damn near last in the league in pass yds allowed. And let's not forget that Cutler plays behind maybe the worst O-Line in football. Philly's D-Line should have him running for his life the whole game.

To me this looks like a Philly blowout just like last week against Dallas. Bears +8 looks like a trap to me, Eagles roll 34-13.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MuchoPeso View Post
    This is one of those lines that makes me think the books are just begging you to take the dog. I mean, there's no way the Bears lose by more that a td right?

Well......

I like Philly in this situation. Remember the Bears losses to Detroit, Green Bay and New Orleans? All by at least ten points and all to pass-heavy offenses. Bears are damn near last in the league in pass yds allowed. And let's not forget that Cutler plays behind maybe the worst O-Line in football. Philly's D-Line should have him running for his life the whole game.

To me this looks like a Philly blowout just like last week against Dallas. Bears +8 looks like a trap to me, Eagles roll 34-13.

I do not like betting based upon how the line "looks" like a trap or something.
    SF was only 4.5 at Washington, a team with NO OFFENSE, a trap? So you take Skins?
    Better, on the basis of what you said, did you take NE -9 yesterday? Giants + 9, 5-2 team, looked like too many, similar to tonight.
    You cannot go by some instinct you have that the line looks too big. Everyone saw Vick take apart the Cowboys, so the line is inflated 3 pts or so. So Eages are back. Are they? Perhaps. But the Cowboys are skit-zo.
    We saw Bears on artificial turf get beat by Detroit... but there were 2 long fluke TD's by Detroit, remember? So was the New Orleans game, on artificial turf, a huge disadvantage to a poor OL to protect the passer.
    This game is on friendly natural turf, and the Bears had 2 weeks to get their assignments straight against Vick (keep him in the pocket, etc) and the dinged Bears are fresh (Peppers, etc).
    And blocking the rush on NT is easier than on artificial. Cutler will have more time than against Detroit.
    I like to take a team getting 7-8 pts that I think can run for 150 yds, eats up clock, keeps the ball out of the other teams hands. I think Bears can do it though Reid will put 8 in the box a lot.
    Yes, there is still a chance that Vick will go wild and Bears will not stop him.
    But he will have a target on his chest, and The Bears wont mind a few late hit penalties.
    Either way, I respect your opinion, it should be a fascinating style match up.
    I am going with the Bears + 8, though I do not think it is a great move or LOCK or anything. Just think 2 wks plus 150 yds running will keep it close. And Bears played #2 SOS. We shall see.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-07-11 at 04:50 PM.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I like the Bears too

209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!
    209Raidernation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

"