eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Tim Tebow is a winner!

This guy knows how to win. He will never be a top QB, but he is a player that will get you wins. It will probably take a few years for him to be a decent QB and read the defense before snap for passing play.

You love him or you hate him

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

He didnt give his team a win against detroit.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Good thing he created that punt return TD and the TD run by mcgahee. What a qb!

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Good thing he created that punt return TD and the TD run by mcgahee. What a qb!
    Directly and indirectly one player can help

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

And we are all the worse for it.

veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Directly and indirectly one player can help
    I agree. I mean Tebow didn't go out there and single handedly win the game today, but he brings a lot of intangibles to a team. His confidence, leadership, and drive. Yes, they didn't directly cause that punt return or Mcgahee having a great game, but it helps move it along.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

he actually played a fantastic game today - solid efficiency throwing the ball and great job running it

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

lol, ppl will still hate on him. Poor guy, I thought he played great.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Everyone who hates on Tebow would love him if he were on their team. Just sayin'.

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

I like Tebow cause I'm a gator fan, but he completed like 46 percent that not a good look.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Yeah bout the same percentage Mike Vick has completed passes thru out his career. But they both can run great fantasy players though till they get hurt. 118 yards rushing by Tebow unreal

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Just win baby

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Just win baby

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love the people that bash him even when he wins, like Tom brady won all those rings by himself. Kids a winner and imagine if he had some talent around him.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Tebow is The G.O.A.T.!!!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Tebow will win games, period. He won't have three rings and he won't have 140 QB ratings like Rodgers. What he will do is work his ass off and make the players around him better and believe they can win. Denver has no talent, if they get some players they will compete in a division that sucks. NFC or AFC east maybe a problem, in the AFC west with inept teams they will compete for the playoffs every year.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave thebestthereis 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
    You know why? Because the detroit lions D-line is prob the best in the damn league and Denver fell behind early and forced Tebow to make bad throws and not be himself. When Denver finally got that lead, it allowed "Tebow" to be TEBOW. Watch his coming games and see how well he performs

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
    No....but he's 2-1 right now w/ both wins coming on the road. What fukkin more do you want from the guy?? We all know he's no Brady or Rodgers. Cut the kid some slack & give him a little credit when he deserves it.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Tim Tebow > everyone else in the history of football.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by caseyman011 View Post
    Everyone who hates on Tebow would love him if he were on their team. Just sayin'.

Not true. I would be pissed if he was my teams starting qb. Everyone was saying the same thing about Vince Young (he is just a winner etc...) and they couldn't get rid of him soon enough for me.

Tebow is a good kid. He is just WAY over hyped.

I have the Sunday Ticket and put the audio on the Denver game when they had the ball. I counted around 70 times they said "Tim Tebow" during the first half. That is not counting when they used pronouns or when they were on defense. They said his name like 13 times during the first possession which was a 3 and out.

I have said it in other threads, the reason why people don't like him is because his supporters never shut up about him. Quit talking about him like he is some sort of god or something and people won't hate him so much. However, I think it is too late for that.

I will give him credit. He played a pretty good game yesterday. His passing numbers weren't great, but he had some nice runs. However, I would expect the defenses to start taking that away from him after yesterday.

I don't hate the kid, but I am sick of hearing about him.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like him as a person but he has been very fortunate in his 2 wins, against poor teams.
    He is not an NFL quality pocket passer and will not make it in the long run.
    What, was he something like 10-23 with 130 yds yesterday? Everything went right for Denver yesterday and against Miami.
    Didnt watch the whole game, but I saw him missing guys 10 yds open, his mechanics were like a shortstop throwning a ball hit up the middle, wrong foot, wrong angle, wrong trajectory.
    Aint gonna happen against good teams. He was lucky as hell, yes, he is a winner in college, but he will not be a good NFL QB.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-07-11 at 11:14 AM.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

I Iive next to Coors field ! You and all the swinging Johnson's should wait before you make judgement. Tebow will be a solid #2 QB at best got off his love and look at reality !! Lol

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I like him as a person but he has been very fortunate in his 2 wins, against poor teams.
    He is not an NFL quality pocket passer and will not make it in the long run.
    What, was he something like 10-23 with 130 yds yesterday? Everything went right for Denver yesterday and against Miami.
    Didnt watch the whole game, but I saw him missing guys 10 yds open, his mechanics were like a shortstop throwning a ball hit up the middle, wrong foot, wrong angle, wrong trajectory.
    Aint gonna happen against good teams. He was lucky as hell, yes, he is a winner in college, but he will not be a good NFL QB.

NVM misread

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I like him as a person but he has been very fortunate in his 2 wins, against poor teams. He is not an NFL quality pocket passer and will not make it in the long run. What, was he something like 10-23 with 130 yds yesterday? Everything went right for Denver yesterday and against Miami. Didnt watch the whole game, but I saw him missing guys 10 yds open, his mechanics were like a shortstop throwning a ball hit up the middle, wrong foot, wrong angle, wrong trajectory. Aint gonna happen against good teams. He was lucky as hell, yes, he is a winner in college, but he will not be a good NFL QB.

the reactions blowing the guy are laughable....from the same group that shlts all over eli who while not one of the best, is a solid nfl qb that T-bo will never be

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

No WR's, No O-Line. 5 guys in his face every play.

Already won more games than Orton....

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

Tebow will never be a good NFL QB. But, If Broncos fans are happy with him and blame his poor performances on everybody else except him (lack of talent around him, opposition, coaching), so be it.

I am getting tired of hearing how great he is when he hasn't played well at all.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

So you think there is more people praising tebow now rather than hating. 70% of the nfl audience dont like him but I do. TIM TEBOW IS GOD! HAHA you mad

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by 16johnnymac View Post
    I Iive next to Coors field ! You and all the swinging Johnson's should wait before you make judgement. Tebow will be a solid #2 QB at best got off his love and look at reality !! Lol
    I live next to coors field aswell .... dont be a hypocrite. You cant say that Tebow supporters need to wait before making judgment, then making a judgement yourself.

As for everyone else, Tebow isnt overrated. Everybody thinks he is a bad QB mechanically. I think he is a project QB and could lead a team with his skill sets. He is never going to be THE guy who carries a team like Rodgers, but he spreads defenses, they have to watch for him holding the ball and running, he helped set up that big run by mcgahee, he also ran the ball for first downs to run out the clock. He made some good throws through the air ... he had alot of dropped passes in that game vs the Lions, if Lloyd didnt drop that 2pt conversion, they probably would have beat San Diego.

You might not think he will be good, but give credit where credit is due.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Needs to get his completion to 60% before you'd even label him an average QB. For now he looks like a RB slotted in the position of QB.

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    This guy knows how to win. He will never be a top QB, but he is a player that will get you wins. It will probably take a few years for him to be a decent QB and read the defense before snap for passing play.

You love him or you hate him
    I agree with you. I think he will mature into a damn good quarterback. Yes, he has had some atrocious games. The week before this he really was terrible: Could not anticipate the receivers, had no rhythm, was just terrible. This week just watch the passes he made. They were crisp and accurate, fast release, right on the money. I know the jury is still out, and it should be. But my bet is on the kid to mature into a great quarterback. Time will tell. He has plenty of haters, however. One thing we are fairly certain of: You found him carrying a gun. You won't find him full of drugs and failing a test. He won't be in a strip club getting suc//ed off by some hooker. He won't be beating his wife. He won't be shaving points. You won't be afraid to take your kid to get an autograph from him. My opinions, of course.

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    I agree with you. I think he will mature into a damn good quarterback. Yes, he has had some atrocious games. The week before this he really was terrible: Could not anticipate the receivers, had no rhythm, was just terrible. This week just watch the passes he made. They were crisp and accurate, fast release, right on the money. I know the jury is still out, and it should be. But my bet is on the kid to mature into a great quarterback. Time will tell. He has plenty of haters, however. One thing we are fairly certain of: You found him carrying a gun. You won't find him full of drugs and failing a test. He won't be in a strip club getting suc//ed off by some hooker. He won't be beating his wife. He won't be shaving points. You won't be afraid to take your kid to get an autograph from him. My opinions, of course.

i agree with you on most part cept him developing into a "great quarterback". although i do appreciate all the things he brings to on/off the field, i think great quarterbacks are born with certain instincts/talents/skills and i just dont see that in him. montana, marino, young, favre, elway, manning (peyton), brady.. they are great because they have proven themselves for a long period of time, putting up great numbers and leading their teams to victories. rodgers, rothy, brees are class below great (because they're still putting in work) and after that we have rivers, romo, vick, matty ice, eli manning, flacco, schaub (mid level) that are making a name for themselves. AT BEST, i see him no higher than mid level and i think i'm being very generous when i say this.

i competely understand/agree that kids look up to athletes and tebow is an excellent role model that works hard and stands for all the right things but come on man.. this is NFL. you get paid to produce. you signing 100 autographs aren't gonna help you throw more efficiently or help you read defenses. he should just consider switching positions to fullback/te and can come in for play or two as wildcat qb. tebow has one of the slowest and ugliest releases i've seen and his throwing motion looks very unnatural when the ball has to travel 30+ yards (like he has to put his body into it) when other qbs make it look very simple (snap of wrist). i can go on and on and on but only time can tell i guess. i do wish him the best and hope he proves everyone wrong including myself but.. i just dont see that happening as a qb

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    No WR's, No O-Line. 5 guys in his face every play. Already won more games than Orton....
    Funny how everyone leaves this out. Orton couldnt win with this team with brandon llyod and he's winning without him.
    Last edited by zsr; 11-07-11 at 05:40 PM.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

actually, this week tebow gave his team a negative win probability. meaning he did more to help his team lose than win this week.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

tim tebow is a winner until he plays against a good defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/72...season-leaders

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

It looks like Thomas at WR quits running on some routes and looks lost at times, might keep his completion % down

12 Last