robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where can I find NFL referee assignments? NFL games are unbettable this year.

I think it's the most important information to know for a NFL game these days, yet I've searched everywhere and I can't find them. Am I missing something obvious? I know there is a blog that releases some of the matchups before the games, but where does the guy in that blog get the information?

Years ago, like pre-internet days, I remember being able to look at a newspaper preview and see referee assignments.

In the National Flag League, it's important to know the ref. crews because the game can now be controlled to within 3 points. Horse collars, helmet to helmet, holding, illegal touching, illegal blocking. Hell, just about anything can be called on every play now. I've even seen legitimate shoulder to chest hits flagged, so you can't even hit people legally according to the rules and try to dislodge the football from the receiver. I've seen defensive lineman falling into the quarterbacks legs because they were pushed, and they were flagged. It's beyond ridiculous right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't bet the NFL anymore, and I don't see how people can without inside knowledge of how the referee's will call the game. There is too much control in their hands! Put the flags away and let them play football!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    I think it's the most important information to know for a NFL game these days, yet I've searched everywhere and I can't find them. Am I missing something obvious? I know there is a blog that releases some of the matchups before the games, but where does the guy in that blog get the information?

Years ago, like pre-internet days, I remember being able to look at a newspaper preview and see referee assignments.

In the National Flag League, it's important to know the ref. crews because the game can now be controlled to within 3 points. Horse collars, helmet to helmet, holding, illegal touching, illegal blocking. Hell, just about anything can be called on every play now. I've even seen legitimate shoulder to chest hits flagged, so you can't even hit people legally according to the rules and try to dislodge the football from the receiver. I've seen defensive lineman falling into the quarterbacks legs because they were pushed, and they were flagged. It's beyond ridiculous right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't bet the NFL anymore, and I don't see how people can without inside knowledge of how the referee's will call the game. There is too much control in their hands! Put the flags away and let them play football!

My man, this is one of the reasons the NFL is fixed. NFL=Not F***ing Legitimate.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Your post couldn't be more true. It's boring and annoying when the refs throw a flag literally every other play. And a lot of the time it happened to be against the team who just did something good, so it counters their good play with a drive ending (or continuing for D) penalty which ends up deciding the game. If you find the info about the refs I'm interested too.

robinhood

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    My man, this is one of the reasons the NFL is fixed. NFL=Not F***ing Legitimate.
    I have to agree. If it's not a conspiracy, why not broadcast the referee assignments on the previews???

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

the players piss me off too. late hit out of bounds is a fukking 15 yard penalty. should be 5 yards. and players should never do it.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    I have to agree. If it's not a conspiracy, why not broadcast the referee assignments on the previews???

Because it is a conspiracy. Listen, the Tim Donaghy's of the world aren't confined to just the NBA.

robinhood

http://www.football-refs.com/

I've found this site that lists them on game day. Good information to just track them. I'm just going to sit back and watch as many games as possible and just start making a list.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree, especially holding calls when one team gets a big gain... or pass interference calls one way or the other, enforced or ignored. Those influence the game the most for the least amount of question.
    In college, the refs are more predictably influential.
    So if a BCS team is undefeated, 8-0, for the good of the conference they do not want an upset,they want the team to keep its high ranking and go to a BCS bowl, so they help the undefeated favorite.
    Also, watch out for close games with teams that are leaving a conference.
    EXAMPLE: A&M will get screwed in a tight game this yr... mark my words... just like Nebraska that was leaving the Big 12 got screwed last yr late in the season against, ha, A&M in a tight one.
    Points Awarded:

robinhood gave Serbone 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like where this is going. There's definitely trends to be figured out.

robinhood

Very good points Serbone, and definitely something to consider for NCAAF. I distinctly remember how Nebraska got screwed. Brings a smile to my face.