will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Christian Ponder looks legitimate

Can avoid the rush, seems intelligent, and has good accuracy. Seem's like the Vikings made a nice pick.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Really liked Ponder at Florida State. Thought he had some potential but the only worry is his shoulder.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

time to give ponder the starting job. mcnabb is done.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cant hurt to give him a shot, but youd think with how god awful Mcnabb is they would have put Ponder in before today if they thought he had it. Suppose they are paying Mcnabb too much to sit around though.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

my god mcnabb is so damn bad though. cannot throw to guys 10 feet away wide open.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

From the first play, he looked like a stud. If he stas healthy, could have a long season.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Hard to tell in that situation but I saw him practice and scrimmage while I was at a FSU football coach's clinic a few years back. He's athletic as hell, can scramble and runs 4.6ish.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

He looks like the real deal

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

he was great at florida state. was one of my favorite picks in the draft.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

McNabb is the devil you know, Ponder is the devil you don't know. Go with the devil you don't know.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

over/ under on how long before McNabb is cut. I'll say Tuesday.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Can avoid the rush, seems intelligent, and has good accuracy. Seem's like the Vikings made a nice pick.
    Does he look better than andy Dalton? nope glad too vikings better hope that shit works out dalton looking like hes going to be a good one. Still pissed they passed fukked my dalton draft bet.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Does he look better than andy Dalton? nope glad too vikings better hope that shit works out dalton looking like hes going to be a good one. Still pissed they passed fukked my dalton draft bet.

The difference is Dalton is starting and Ponder just saw his first action on Sunday night. How can you say that one is better than the other without more playing time for Ponder?

I just made an assessment from the drive that I saw when Ponder took over. He can run like a deer, didn't panic, showed intelligence, and was accurate. The Vikings didn't know what they would get out of him. They had to be pleased with what they saw. He has major potential.

SportJunkie
    Update your status
    SportJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

As a viking fan, you gotta like seeing Ponder. Anything is better than OLD McNabb. Last year we had to suffer watching an OLD Farve. I just don't understand why they drafted Ponder at 12 and waste picking up McNabb.....

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's Ponder time in Minny.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

lol.. ignorant statement

Quote Originally Posted by SportJunkie View Post
    As a viking fan, you gotta like seeing Ponder. Anything is better than OLD McNabb. Last year we had to suffer watching an OLD Farve. I just don't understand why they drafted Ponder at 12 and waste picking up McNabb.....
    It was awesome to see him last night. We didn't get any points but he definitely was moving the ball better than Mcnabb and he avoided 4 sacks that Mcnabb would've went down. He got out of the pocket at smartly threw it out of bounds, if we can have a full game where our QB plays better than average, we'll win a couple more games this year.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

As a Packer fan, I wasn't a huge fan of the move to draft Ponder by Minnesota...I think kid can play. Great pick by Minny, and I hope I'm wrong for my teams' sake! Not that we have entirely too much to worry about there...but long term prognosis...this guy could be a stellar addition to the QBs in the league...you have to play good at QB to win in this division...obviously.

BOL to the Vikings on this one, I wish you had passed on him so we didn't have to play him twice a year! But, sorry, we still have to kick your ass this coming weekend. :-)