Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Week 4 - picks and thoughts

A satisfying 4-1 last week, here's hoping for more of the same from this quintent of quality:

Falcons @ Seahawks
    Seattle have thus far contrived to lose to the pitiful-on-offense 49ers and sneak a home win over Arizona despite playing pretty poorly. It's sure taking time for the new offense and QB Jackson to bed in. The Seahawks actually rank 32nd in the league in yards-per-play, which is somewhere near the bottom I think.

I've not been one for supporting Atlanta often over the past couple of years, considering them a particularly over-rated team last season. However, they did go 13-3 despite my reservations(!) and won by over two touchdowns at this very stadium. The Falcons are a team due a little upturn in fortunes, playing an inferior team - they should handle this fairly comfortably.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Atlanta 28 - 13 Seattle
    6 units Falcons -4.5

Dolphins @ Chargers
    It's not easy trying to turn yourself into a high-octane offense, especially with a QB who may not turn out to be one of the league's best. The Dolphins might be a little unlucky to be 0-3, and they're certainly unlucky to be travelling coast to coast for a meeting with a San Diego outfit who need to put down a marker after merely edging the Chiefs last week. The Chargers are always capable of blowouts at home, and I think this might just be one in the making.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Miami 16 - 37 San Diego
    5 units Chargers -7

Vikings @ Chiefs
    Both these teams are winless, both have faced fairly hard opponents (with two in common). KC have played two road games and finally showed signs of life last week in San Diego, while two of the Vikings defeats came at home.

I don't think there is much to choose between these two outfits, but I have a feeling that home advantage and a couple of lucky bounces are going to benefit the Missouri team.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Minnesota 20 - 25 Kansas City
    5 units Chiefs +3

Titans @ Browns
    Cleveland are 2-1. Their opponents boast a combined record of 1-8. The Browns boast 4.6 yards per offensive play (28th in the league), with 3.3 yards per carry so far on the ground. They have the low yards-per-pass and poor passer rating (26th) you'd expect from a young QB making his first steps in the league.

They do look decent on defense, but look who they've faced - Andy Dalton on debut, Kerry Collins on his second start in the disaster that is Indy, and Chad Henne trying to motor an all-new high-octane passing offense.

The Titans are looking great on defense and getting decent production from Matt Hasselbeck while they wait for Chris Johnson to bust out again. There's a concern with Browns supremo Holmgren knowing Hasselbeck like the back of his moustache, but I'll chance it.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Tennessee 23 - 13 Cleveland
    3 units Titans -1

Bills @ Bengals
    I'm liking this bet less and less since I placed it. I think the Bengals are legitimate on defense and will present Buffalo a far harder test than they've faced so far. They also know Ryan Fitzpatrick pretty well in these parts. However, Cinci lost at home to San Francisco last week with my money on them and I already think I might have just thrown good money after bad...
    Mystic Limey forsees: a losing bet :-(
    3 units Bengals +3 / 3 units UNDER 44

Additionally, I am having an accumulator. This is just for some extra action/fun because I have been killing it at online poker recently. I won't count this in my season results even when (ahem) it wins: Money Line treble on SAINTS at Jags, EAGLES over 49ers, CHARGERS over Dolphins, pays just over even money.

Enjoy your NFL weekend!

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

5-1, very nice. :-)