Cover4
    Cover4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Showdown in Oakland!

Deep inside of a mine where hammers were slammed against stone and footballs were made of skulls the Oakland Raiders were resurrected by chanting witches from a grave of woes. Led by a outstanding running back, a talented quarterback, a reliable group of no name wide receivers and a play making defense. The cast of this seasons sitcom was set.

And we all enjoyed watching it.....

But this is where I cut it.

This week I am back again, yes me "Cover 4" with yet another showdown.

If you read the thread last week and took the money line on Dallas, you probably already spent the proceeds on your light bill.

Congrats to you. I wouldn't mind if you spare some of that change and send me a coffee. Maybe next time.

This week Oak town host one of the leagues most prolific offenses to date. And if there ever were a title " The Greatest Show On Grass" they would probably fit the bill. Shall I say more?

Okay well.....

I give to you the New England Patriots.

There is a lot of history and controversy between these two teams, but that won't show on Sunday. What you will see is a charged up Oakland defense backed by a stadium full a fans looking to maul Tom Brady and the Patriot offense.

Oakland is sporting the jacket of future contenders with a revamped and promising offense. Oakland is now averaging 30.7 ppg and 185 yards on the ground scary. Especially to a banged up roster depleted New England Patriots who on defense don't understand the meaning of pass coverage. Well maybe in the little world of fairies where tea is served frozen and people fly around on humming birds this is a good thing. But in the NFL , no secondary spells disaster.

And Oakland knows this, so Campbell and the crew will be looking to exploit the Patriots deep at every angle they can get. A early Hail Mary, a few deep post routes along with some short slants to expose the wounded inexperienced Patriot core.

Not to mention the kicking leg from hell Janikowski.

And in all truth they will score. And they will run the ball into the mouth of the Patriot gut and points will be chalked on the board. But the wind will blow, and armadillos will run into the shadows to hide.

All hail the New England offensive front. Expect the Raiders to blitz and disguise coverages like a pack of starving wolves around a group of stranded campers with guns.

Because to much time equals Welker, Ochocinco and the rest of the Gang celebrating in the back of the end zone.

No need to run, Patriots lack that, they pass and you know it, next you got to try to stop it. Along with a no huddle offensive scheme, try it. While you defense is physically exhausted. How do you stop a Admiral from throwing to a wide open lit hallway? You don't.

Injuries or no Injuries.

Patriots come out on top in this high scoring game, expect Oakland to come out blazing, but the Pats learned from their mistakes. (Bills)

What you start you must finish. If we score a lot early.

We must continue to do it.

It is the only way to make sure the zombies stay buried underneath our spread.

Take the Patriots on the money if you have the bucks.

And better believe they will cover the spread.

High Scoring Game in the second Half.

Expect Ocho to have a touchdown catch as all the focus will be on cutting the short passes to Welker.

Fantasy Lovers. McFadden dominates yet again along with the arm of Brady.

Final score. Patriots 35 Oakland 27

Take the Money and roll with the spread. This will go Over as well.

"Cover4 I'm out."

Follow My Weekly Showdowns.
    Last edited by Cover4; 10-01-11 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Space Between Paragraphs