Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I Really Need Some Fantasy Football Help!

Okay, I'm usually not one to come on here and ask for Fantasy Football help, but for some reason I'm finding myself very indecisive.

QB:
    Romo vs Detroit
    Kolb vs NYG
    Cambell vs NE

DST:
    Bears DST vs Cam Newton and the Panthers
    Tampa Bay Bucs DSt vs CURTIS PAINTER and the Colts

I'm really leaning towards Kolb at QB. He is very consistent, and that's all I want out of my QB this week. Romo could have another dud outing since he is once agains w/o his weapons (no austin, banged up Dez who was "very" limited in practice today). Last week Ogeltree looked like crap, I'm not sure if I can trust him as being Romo's #2 WR. I'm not even worried about Romo's rib, i'm worried about how much his WR's suck right now.

Also don't know what to do with my DST. Something is telling me go with Tampa Bay DST, because I think Painter will really struggle. But at the same time, Caldwell may call it so conservateily, he may not even give him a chance to throw an INT. As for Cam, he will be slinging it all over the place, which could mean lots of INT's and Sacks.

Help me out here, thanks.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 09-30-11 at 04:17 PM.

Speedy88

anyone?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Romo. Remember he has Witten. Only thing I don't like is he is still hurting, and will take another pain shot. Suh and company could knock him out again. My second choice would be Kolb.

Tough one on the Defense. I would have to lean Tampa. With Painter starting his first game, he could have a rough time.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

I also Agree with Romo. with Kolb being my 2nd choice. and will agree with Tampa as my starting fantasy defense

Speedy88

If you really think about it, he should have had a better game against the Skins. He threw for 250 yards which is plenty. He just didn't find the endzone. His center snapped it early 4 times, which pretty much took 4 drives away from Romo, which was a big reason why they settled for so many FG's.

I just have a tough time trusting Ogetlree/Robinson/Hollee.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I'm really leaning towards Kolb at QB. He is very consistent, and that's all I want out of my QB this week.
    Disagree. Sorry but Kolb is the most overrated acquisition of the offseason. I've seen every snap he took in PHI. The kid is completely unproven, holds the ball too long, and forces throws into heavy coverage every game. He has talent and should be good over time, but he's new in this offense with limited weapons. Wells won't be 100% so that will only increase the pressure on him. His O-line is below average.

I don't like Romo going up against DET's D-line and their corners have played pretty good this year.

It's amazing to say this, but Campbell looks like the best choice of the 3. NE have the worst statistical defense in the NFL. All it takes is 1 dump off to McFadden for monster points. This has all the makings of a shootout so even if Campbell has some brain farts, he should be able to get some good numbers.

My 2 cents

Speedy88

I appreciate the advice BobbyK. You just made my decision that much harder. I have been asking for advice for the past couple days, and it seems pretty split between Romo, Kolb and Cambell. Romo really worried me last week because his guys just werent getting open for him. But he can't get much worst. His ribs must feel much better compared to last week, and I'd assume his WR's (ogeltree, robinson) will be more ready. I think i'm leaning between Romo and Cambell. Cambell sure is intruiging, and he's got some dangerous speed receivers in Denarius Moore and Jacoby Ford.

Speedy88

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/boxscor...&version=quick

That's my matchup. I don't think I need the home run with my QB, what do you guys think. I'm playing a guy who is 0-3, and I think I got him pretty outmatched this week. If I can get a solid 15-20 points from my QB, I don't see how I lose. BTW I'm Shamu.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Hopefully he keeps Gates in. He isn't playing.

I'm up against Vick this week too. I hope his hand swells up again, and has to sit. Plus I'm on the 49ers ML +375.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Hopefully he keeps Gates in. He isn't playing.

I'm up against Vick this week too. I hope his hand swells up again, and has to sit. Plus I'm on the 49ers ML +375.
    That's a pretty ballsy bet. But good luck. I like our chances against Vick this week. Last week before he had the hand injury Vick was handing off all day to Shady McCoy. I think we see a lot of the same. And I doubt that Vick will leave the pocket much at all with his hand hurting. One hard hit and he could re injure it. Especially with Patrick Willis lurking in the area. If he gets a clear shot at Vick, he could be out for the season.