brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I Think People Are Underestimating the Texans

and by that, I mean underestimating their defense (because everybody already knows about their offensive attack)

Not only did Houston switch to the 3-4 under Wade Phillips, but they picked up a couple of good players in the secondary (top 10 cornerback in the league in Johnathan Joseph as well as Daniel Manning from the bears), picked up an excellent young rookie defensive end from wisconsin in JJ Watt (a guy who could be the next jared allen), and got 2 great young linebackers back from injury in Demeco Ryans and Bryan Cushing (both guys missed significant time last year)

these are 4 or 5 big time differences between this team and last year's houston team and it's gonna turn a terrible defense into probably a top 15 defense this year (I think the texans will be ranked around #11 or #12). Watching that first game (and I realize it was kerry collins out there), I was very impressed by Houston's tenacious pass rush. Their coverage was also very good until the game got into garbage time and guys like joseph stopped trying.

In an absolutely terrible division, I will be riding the texans all year. I got them winning anywhere from 11-13 games (depending on how they perform in their tough non conference games, but they should devour the rest of that division)
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 09-17-11 at 02:06 AM.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    and by that, I mean underestimating their defense (because everybody already knows about their offensive attack)

Not only did Houston switch to the 3-4 under Wade Phillips, but they picked up a couple of good players in the secondary (top 10 cornerback in the league in Johnathan Joseph as well as Daniel Manning from the bears), picked up an excellent young rookie defensive end from wisconsin in JJ Watt (a guy who could be the next jared allen), and got 2 great young linebackers back from injury in Demeco Ryans and Bryan Cushing (both guys missed significant time last year)

these are 4 or 5 big time differences between this team and last year's houston team and it's gonna turn a terrible defense into probably a top 15 defense this year (I think the texans will be ranked around #11 or #12). Watching that first game (and I realize it was kerry collins out there), I was very impressed by Houston's tenacious pass rush. Their coverage was also very good until the game got into garbage time and guys like joseph stopped trying.

In an absolutely terrible division, I will be riding the texans all year. I got them winning anywhere from 11-13 games (depending on how they perform in their tough non conference games, but they should devour the rest of that division)
    Ill take any of these 10 Corners First

1. Darrelle Revis , New York Jets
    2. Nnamdi Asomugha , Philadelphia Eagles
    3. Charles Woodson , Green Bay Packers
    4. Asante Samuel , Philadelphia Eagles
    5. Champ Bailey , Denver Broncos
    6. Tramon Williams , Green Bay Packers
    7. Devin McCourty , New England Patriots
    8. Antoine Winfield , Minnesota Vikings
    9. Brent Grimes , Atlanta Falcons
    10. Aqib Talib , Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Then If I had to Id take someone else most likely be:
    DeAngelo Hall, Redskins; Leon Hall, Bengals; Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Joe Haden, Browns; Dunta Robinson, Falcons; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Eagles; Ronde Barber, Buccaneers; Terence Newman, Cowboys; Vontae Davis, Dolphins; Cortland Finnegan, Titans

Not sure is your man Jon Joseph cracks the Top 10 of Corners in this League... or the Top 20

ScottLocke
    ScottLocke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN View Post
    Ill take any of these 10 Corners First

1. Darrelle Revis , New York Jets
    2. Nnamdi Asomugha , Philadelphia Eagles
    3. Charles Woodson , Green Bay Packers
    4. Asante Samuel , Philadelphia Eagles
    5. Champ Bailey , Denver Broncos
    6. Tramon Williams , Green Bay Packers
    7. Devin McCourty , New England Patriots
    8. Antoine Winfield , Minnesota Vikings
    9. Brent Grimes , Atlanta Falcons
    10. Aqib Talib , Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Then If I had to Id take someone else most likely be:
    DeAngelo Hall, Redskins; Leon Hall, Bengals; Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Joe Haden, Browns; Dunta Robinson, Falcons; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Eagles; Ronde Barber, Buccaneers; Terence Newman, Cowboys; Vontae Davis, Dolphins; Cortland Finnegan, Titans

Not sure is your man Jon Joseph cracks the Top 10 of Corners in this League... or the Top 20
    LOL at Asante Samuel being #4, Joseph is real good, he is top 10 or maybe top 15 IMO. I'd certainly take Joseph over Samuel any day and I like Samuel.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans D is certainly solid. They should make the playoffs this year. Only problem is eventually Brah, you're gonna have to either pay heavy juice to play the Texans or start playing them ATS. Not sure what kinda ATS they're gonna be yet but I think they're going to be a good team to fade against the spread. We'll see. Glad to see you giving up cat fighting in PT

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Texans D is certainly solid. They should make the playoffs this year. Only problem is eventually Brah, you're gonna have to either pay heavy juice to play the Texans or start playing them ATS. Not sure what kinda ATS they're gonna be yet but I think they're going to be a good team to fade against the spread. We'll see. Glad to see you giving up cat fighting in PT

I usually do play ATS in football bro, who told you I play big moneylines in football??

reason I played the lSU - 150 is because so many of their road wins in these kinda situations over the years were 3 pt games

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN View Post
    Ill take any of these 10 Corners First 1. Darrelle Revis , New York Jets 2. Nnamdi Asomugha , Philadelphia Eagles 3. Charles Woodson , Green Bay Packers 4. Asante Samuel , Philadelphia Eagles 5. Champ Bailey , Denver Broncos 6. Tramon Williams , Green Bay Packers 7. Devin McCourty , New England Patriots 8. Antoine Winfield , Minnesota Vikings 9. Brent Grimes , Atlanta Falcons 10. Aqib Talib , Tampa Bay Buccaneers Then If I had to Id take someone else most likely be: DeAngelo Hall, Redskins; Leon Hall, Bengals; Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Joe Haden, Browns; Dunta Robinson, Falcons; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Eagles; Ronde Barber, Buccaneers; Terence Newman, Cowboys; Vontae Davis, Dolphins; Cortland Finnegan, Titans Not sure is your man Jon Joseph cracks the Top 10 of Corners in this League... or the Top 20

either way, he's a hell of a lot beter than who they had there last year and will make a big difference

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Who the fuk is underestimating Houston!?! Over 85% of all bets are on Houston.

You do realize that Houston was 2-6 on the road last year right? Plus, the situational edge favors Miami in this spot coming off a loss and Houston winning big last week. Miami will be doing everything they can to avoid going 0-2 at home to start the season. If anything, you are underestimating Miami and overestimating Houston based on a home win against an adjusting Indy team.

ScottLocke

Last year Miami was 1-7 at home. And they are also coming off a short week. They only came off a short week once last year and the result was a 16-0 loss at home to Chicago. So I wouldn't say Miami has a situational edge. I kind of like Houston here as I think they are very improved(mostly on defense) over last year and the market has not caught up with them yet. I think this line should be at -4, -4.5 so we are getting a bit of value.

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottLocke View Post
    LOL at Asante Samuel being #4, Joseph is real good, he is top 10 or maybe top 15 IMO. I'd certainly take Joseph over Samuel any day and I like Samuel.

2010 All pro voting for cb's:

Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland, 20
    Darrelle Revis, N.Y. Jets, 19
    Devin McCourty, New England, 17
    Charles Woodson, Green Bay, 14
    Asante Samuel, Philadelphia, 12
    Tramon Williams, Green Bay, 8
    Brent Grimes, Atlanta 3
    DeAngelo Hall, Washington, 2
    Champ Bailey, Denver, 2
    Joe Haden, Cleveland, 1
    Brandon Flowers, Kansas City, 1
    Antoine Winfield, Minnesota, 1

Asante had an elite season last year I can't believe a guy with an eagles avatar replies LOL at asante being considered a top 5 cb. also joseph is very solid but he had a bit of a down year last season so right now he's not top 10 but certainly can get there with a big year with houston. IMO the two most underrated CB's are flowers and haden since last season.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    You do realize that Houston was 2-6 on the road last year right?

u do realize Miami is now 1-8 their last 9 homegames, including 0-5 overall against Houston right?

I'll take a very good balanced team against a bad hometeam with no running game that has to rely on chad henne to be superman every game just to have a chance to win

ScottLocke

Quote Originally Posted by letitride87 View Post
    2010 All pro voting for cb's: Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland, 20 Darrelle Revis, N.Y. Jets, 19 Devin McCourty, New England, 17 Charles Woodson, Green Bay, 14 Asante Samuel, Philadelphia, 12 Tramon Williams, Green Bay, 8 Brent Grimes, Atlanta 3 DeAngelo Hall, Washington, 2 Champ Bailey, Denver, 2 Joe Haden, Cleveland, 1 Brandon Flowers, Kansas City, 1 Antoine Winfield, Minnesota, 1 Asante had an elite season last year I can't believe a guy with an eagles avatar replies LOL at asante being considered a top 5 cb. also joseph is very solid but he had a bit of a down year last season so right now he's not top 10 but certainly can get there with a big year with houston. IMO the two most underrated CB's are flowers and haden since last season.
    And the Eagles were ranked near the bottom in pass defense last year. I like Asante, but he is far from elite despite what that All pro ranking list says. He is terrible in run coverage and a terrible tackler. He loves to gamble which costs us a lot of big plays against us. It also results in him getting a lot of INTs which is why he is over-rated. I still think he is top 20 and like him don't get me wrong. Just saying he is top 5 is kind of funny.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Who the fuk is underestimating Houston!?! Over 85% of all bets are on Houston.

You do realize that Houston was 2-6 on the road last year right? Plus, the situational edge favors Miami in this spot coming off a loss and Houston winning big last week. Miami will be doing everything they can to avoid going 0-2 at home to start the season. If anything, you are underestimating Miami and overestimating Houston based on a home win against an adjusting Indy team.
    Houston 2-6 on the road

Miami 1-7 at home

Your point being?

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by ScottLocke View Post
    And the Eagles were ranked near the bottom in pass defense last year. I like Asante, but he is far from elite despite what that All pro ranking list says. He is terrible in run coverage and a terrible tackler. He loves to gamble which costs us a lot of big plays against us. It also results in him getting a lot of INTs which is why he is over-rated. I still think he is top 20 and like him don't get me wrong. Just saying he is top 5 is kind of funny.
    I respect your opinion Scott, but I disagree. Who cares if Asante can't tackle? Neither could Deion and he's in the HOF. Gambling is what makes him great. He has great anticipation skills and one of the best first-step bursts of any corner in the league. He also has great hands (an overlooked aspect of being a corner). The guy is a straight up ball hawk and changes games with his INTs. You want playmakers and game-changers on your defense and not many have made bigger plays over the last 3-4 seasons than him (don't know the stat, but he leads the NFL in takeaways over that time).

He's a top 5 corner in this league easy.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Houston 2-6 on the road

Miami 1-7 at home

Your point being?

the thing is that houston is much improved and miami took a big step back by letting their power backs go elsewhere. Miami has zero run game and their red zone numbers will be terrible this year

bobbyk1133

the thing is that houston is much improved and miami took a big step back by letting their power backs go elsewhere. Miami has zero run game and their red zone numbers will be terrible this year
    I agree. HOU took a big jump up in my power rankings with their defensive additions (includine Wade). MIA is still a mystery because of their change in offensive philosophy, but their running game definitely took a big hit if Daniel Thomas doesn't live up to expectations.

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    I respect your opinion Scott, but I disagree. Who cares if Asante can't tackle? Neither could Deion and he's in the HOF. Gambling is what makes him great. He has great anticipation skills and one of the best first-step bursts of any corner in the league. He also has great hands (an overlooked aspect of being a corner). The guy is a straight up ball hawk and changes games with his INTs. You want playmakers and game-changers on your defense and not many have made bigger plays over the last 3-4 seasons than him (don't know the stat, but he leads the NFL in takeaways over that time).

He's a top 5 corner in this league easy.

Someone who knows the truth..

Asante gave up 1 maybe 2 td's last year. I'm pretty sure it was only one but not only was he one of the best ballhawk cb's in the game he had a season where he locked down wr's and didn't get beat deep. All pro voters had him as a top 5 cb I'll take that opinion of him over some eagle fan who erroneously calls him overrated and top 20.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by letitride87 View Post
    Someone who knows the truth.. Asante gave up 1 maybe 2 td's last year. I'm pretty sure it was only one but not only was he one of the best ballhawk cb's in the game he had a season where he locked down wr's and didn't get beat deep. All pro voters had him as a top 5 cb I'll take that opinion of him over some eagle fan who erroneously calls him overrated and top 20.

the reason the eagles pass D was terrible last year is because their other CBs were terrible

I mean samuel went out that 1 week against the bears and Jay Cutler had the game of his life

bobbyk1133

the reason the eagles pass D was terrible last year is because their other CBs were terrible I mean samuel went out that 1 week against the bears and Jay Cutler had the game of his life
    Let's not forget that PHI's defensive coordinator was a complete joke last year and the defensive line was average at best. McDermott was a born and bred to replicated Jim Johnson's system, but he couldn't even come close to it. PHI's red zone defense was the worst in franchise history (maybe NFL history). Castillo is unproven as well, but he can't do much worse than McDermott did.

Now that Asante has more talent around him (and more importantly on the D-line), his numbers should improve a lot. It doesn't matter how good a corner you are, if your D-line isn't pressuring the QB you'll get beat.

ScottLocke

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Let's not forget that PHI's defensive coordinator was a complete joke last year and the defensive line was average at best. McDermott was a born and bred to replicated Jim Johnson's system, but he couldn't even come close to it. PHI's red zone defense was the worst in franchise history (maybe NFL history). Castillo is unproven as well, but he can't do much worse than McDermott did.

Now that Asante has more talent around him (and more importantly on the D-line), his numbers should improve a lot. It doesn't matter how good a corner you are, if your D-line isn't pressuring the QB you'll get beat.

That is very true and may be influencing my opinion a bit. Hopefully their defense can live up to expectations this year.