brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Are Teasers The Best Way to Bet On The NFL???

It seems like the NFL has much sharper lines than any other sport out there and that you can make a lot of money betting on football with underdog teasers

hell, just look at last week

Saints +5.5 Dogs - Any Teaser is Succesful
    Bears + 1 dogs - Any Teaser is Succesful
    Bengals +3 Dogs - Any Teaser is Succesful
    Bills Dogs (don't remember how much) - Any Teaser is Succesful
    Titans + 1 dogs - Any Teaser is Succesful
    Bucs +3 dogs - Any Teaser is Succesful
    Same thing is true with Carolina, Minnesota, Washington, Dallas and Oakland

the only games where teasers on the dog wouldn't have been succesful was Miami, Pittsburg, Seattle, Indy and StLouis

so teasers would have been succesful on 11 of 16 games and a lot of the failed ones were obvious blowout situations (Seattle always gets blown out on the road, Miami always gets blown out by the pats, Indy is atrocious without peyton, etc...). The only really good teaser play that ended up being a failure was the steelers game
    Points Awarded:

moneymac81 gave brahmabull117 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

2 team 6 point teasers are GREAT. They are one of the worst bets for the books and I won't be surprised if they begin to disappear. A lot of squares still don't know how to use them properly, but the majority of teaser action comes from sharps still.

I wouldn't call them the best way to bet the NFL because there are only so many opportunities each week, but hitting 60% long-term isn't out of the question..

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    2 team 6 point teasers are GREAT. They are one of the worst bets for the books and I won't be surprised if they begin to disappear. A lot of squares still don't know how to use them properly, but the majority of teaser action comes from sharps still. I wouldn't call them the best way to bet the NFL because there are only so many opportunities each week, but hitting 60% long-term isn't out of the question..

So I'm not the only one who notices that a ton of games the last few years in the NFL have been very close right????

I think you could even hit 60-66% doing this as long as you avoid the obvious blowout situations and blowout capable teams (eagles are a blowout capable team, pats a blowout capable team, etc...)

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Yeah as you said NFL have the sharpest lines on the planet so naturally teasers are the best way to manipulate them and maximize value. Teasing down 2 home favorites under -3 is more value than a 2 team ML parlay. Dogs in the first divisional meeting of the season is another good example. etc etc

The only problem is that there's only a handful that fall into the teaser window each week. I've even heard a few books stopped offering 2 team 6 point teasers because sharps consistently kill them. But they provide a great way to supplement the weekly card no doubt. More people should play them, but the public still love to chase the bigger payouts (and lose) with parlays instead.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

If you are going to invest in sports, you should read some books about it and learn the best methods. Here's a hint....google "wong teasers" and thank me. The problem is most books charge -120 for these teasers now instead of +100 or even -110 which is acceptable. I am playing the dolphins and colts teaser this week as an official play because I can still get -110. I think your love for the texans from your other thread is premature for a team that went 2-6 on the road last year....

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans are legit this year. They were missing key players on defense last year and had the #1 toughest schedule.

Different story this year. Healthy players, new defense and an infusion of some pretty nice corners.
    Last edited by TheAntFather; 09-17-11 at 08:39 AM.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Teasers are losing bets unless you do wong teasers.

so to answer ur question: no they are not the best way to bet the NFL.

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami covered my +14.5 teaser :-P

DJStroke
    DJStroke's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love a good 6 point 2 teamer

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

2 team teasers are profitable.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

There is no "best way" on betting football.. it's gambling you win some you lose some.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

copied and pasted for those who don't know:
    A Wong teaser is a two-game teaser in which teasing the spread moves it through the two key numbers of three and seven. In other words, it's a teaser involving favorites of between 7.5 and 8.5 or underdogs of between 1.5 and 2.5.

If a line is reasonably accurate then you can assume about a 50 percent chance of either team covering. If the odds were -110 then you need to win about 52.4 percent of your bets to break even. To win 52.4 percent of your teasers you need to be able to win the individual games approximately 72.5 percent of the time. Because games end up being decided by three and seven more than 22 percent of the time, teasing through these two numbers increases the chances of covering a spread from about 50 percent to 72 percent or more (It's actually better than that because you are also covering the numbers four, five and six, and games can also finish with those margins as well). Over the long term, then, Wong teasers are one of the few places in betting where there is a positive expectation. In other words, Wong teasers are very good for your bankroll.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    copied and pasted for those who don't know: A Wong teaser is a two-game teaser in which teasing the spread moves it through the two key numbers of three and seven. In other words, it's a teaser involving favorites of between 7.5 and 8.5 or underdogs of between 1.5 and 2.5. If a line is reasonably accurate then you can assume about a 50 percent chance of either team covering. If the odds were -110 then you need to win about 52.4 percent of your bets to break even. To win 52.4 percent of your teasers you need to be able to win the individual games approximately 72.5 percent of the time. Because games end up being decided by three and seven more than 22 percent of the time, teasing through these two numbers increases the chances of covering a spread from about 50 percent to 72 percent or more (It's actually better than that because you are also covering the numbers four, five and six, and games can also finish with those margins as well). Over the long term, then, Wong teasers are one of the few places in betting where there is a positive expectation. In other words, Wong teasers are very good for your bankroll.

so teasers that turn 8.5 point favorites into 2.5 point favorites and 2.5 point underdogs into 8.5 point underdogs???

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

exactly. the point is that the best teasers cover 3,4, 6, and7 which determines a lot of spreads.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    exactly. the point is that the best teasers cover 3,4, 6, and7 which determines a lot of spreads.

exactly my line of thinking and pretty much all my teasers fall in that area