ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

New England VS San Diego

Easily the game of the week. How do we cap this game? San Diego is a notorious slow starter. But, their a great team. An overall better team than pats.but horrible coaching and special teams keeps them from being dominant. If they ever played a complete game, they could destroy people. Pats offense is good, but defense isn't. What do you guys think? Or just bet the over? I personally think NE is on a mission and will blow people out all year.

Hochay
    Hochay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1628

San Diego Defensive line will Hammer Tom. Once you get into Toms head that you can regularly penetrate the O line you will have him russhing the pass as he is a Sissy when it comes to getting hit. He hates to hit the dirt. Rivers is going to pick apart the new look D line the Pats send onto the field. I will say this the Chargers do cover the 7 Points if they dont win. Not going to be the Blow out you saw in Miami on Monday night. Final 24-21 either team can win

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I like a tease of either Pats -1/over or Chargers +14ish/over.

It should be a great game. The Razor will be going crazy, the crowd will be drunk and loud, and the Pats have extra motivation... first home game since Mrs. Kraft passed away. She meant a lot not only to the organization, but the community as well. Every fan at the stadium is getting an MHK lapel pin, and this will only make them that much more amped up, to honor her memory.

The Chargers have a boatload of talent, but like you said, coaching and ST are awful. Look for both Patriots TEs to have big games. This should be a close game, but the Pats should pull out the win. I think the game last year in SD was the worst game the Pats played, including the Browns game, so I expect BB and Brady to be all over the team to perform better.

For the guys who like trends- Pats have never lost their home opener with Brady at QB, and I believe they haven't lost a regular season home game with Brady at QB since 2006. These very well could end on Sunday, but its info some people like to have.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

When in doubt fade Norv first 4 games.

To the dummy who called Brady a sissy and he doesn't like to get hit, can you please name a qb that does enjoy getting hit.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Pats have an awesome coach, SD has a horrible coach

I would put my money on the coaching staff in this one

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I was listening to my local sports radio in San Diego and Pats are favorite to win by 60%.
    But they said that a computer service was stating that the Chargers do cover.
    I don't know about that, though. The Patriots play the Chargers hard even on the road.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

NE-9 or nothing

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

SD to unpredictable in the beginning of the season.
    If they show up they will beat the Pats

CoVrt
    CoVrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    NE-9 or nothing
    yesssir. i smell a 28-14 victory

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    I was listening to my local sports radio in San Diego and Pats are favorite to win by 60%.
    But they said that a computer service was stating that the Chargers do cover.
    I don't know about that, though. The Patriots play the Chargers hard even on the road.
    The game is in NE guy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    NE-9 or nothing
    why not -6.5?

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

I put in a tease of Pats -1/over 47.5

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    why not -6.5?
    thought it was -9 for some reason

i try not to bog my mind down staring at the NFL lines all week

usually take a quick glance tues and then dont look again till sat night

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    I put in a tease of Pats -1/over 47.5
    Square.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Square.
    Thanks

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Thanks
    I'm just jokin man

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I could see NE -7 as a reasonable line but I think there are better wagers this week. I would consider it a "game of the week" only in terms of watching for fun. Cheers

daneault23

I'm just jokin man
    I know it's a square play but I think it has a good chance of hitting

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I like the Chargers in this one. If a schnook like Chad Henne can pick apart the Pat D to the tune of 400 yards, then it tells me they've got more going wrong with that defense than can be improved in one week.

And that being my conclusion, I've got to figure a skilled QB liked Rivers is going to be unstoppable. Plus there's got to be some revenge factor in this one, as I'm sure SD is pissed about the way they lost @ home to NE last year. I see the Chargers being inspired and motivated, and I see the Pats just treating this like another game. It's always tough to beat Brady, as the Pats just seem to find ways to win games, and I think they find a way to win this too, but it will be close. 28-24, 24-21, maybe even 35-31, but I can't see the spread being a full touchdown.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    I like the Chargers in this one. If a schnook like Chad Henne can pick apart the Pat D to the tune of 400 yards, then it tells me they've got more going wrong with that defense than can be improved in one week.

And that being my conclusion, I've got to figure a skilled QB liked Rivers is going to be unstoppable. Plus there's got to be some revenge factor in this one, as I'm sure SD is pissed about the way they lost @ home to NE last year. I see the Chargers being inspired and motivated, and I see the Pats just treating this like another game. It's always tough to beat Brady, as the Pats just seem to find ways to win games, and I think they find a way to win this too, but it will be close. 28-24, 24-21, maybe even 35-31, but I can't see the spread being a full touchdown.
    Here is a post I had in another thread. I agree with the play, but not because Henne passed for 400 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    The 400 yards is incredibly misleading. With 8 minutes left in the game, the Dolphins only had 241 yards of offense. As you may know, Belichick likes his D to play more of a prevent style D when they have a decent lead, as this milks the clock and prevents a quick score (usually). The Dolphins drove 80something yards on their first drive, but over their next 9 managed just 170 yards, with 5 3 and outs and 2 drives with just 1 first down. The Dolphins proceeded to get 247 yards in the final 8 minutes (with only 7 points), which for the most part was the goal of the Pats. This 8 minutes also included the 1 play drive of the 99 yard pass to Welker, which allowed the Dolphins O to come right back on the field. If Welker got tackled where he caught it, the Pats O could've milked the clock a lot more and minimized the Dolphins offensive yardage.

The Pats D is one of the few designed to not give a crap about yardage given up. All that matters is getting the W.

Cliffs- don't look at yardage when evaluating the Pats D. There are certainly concerns with the D, but looking at yards against is not the way to find it.
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 09-16-11 at 01:57 AM.
    Points Awarded:

The Madcap gave rsnnh12 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RED
    RED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easily the game of the week. How do we cap this game? San Diego is a notorious slow starter. But, their a great team. An overall better team than pats.but horrible coaching and special teams keeps them from being dominant. If they ever played a complete game, they could destroy people. Pats offense is good, but defense isn't. What do you guys think? Or just bet the over? I personally think NE is on a mission and will blow people out all year.
    Over looks like the easy play here, dont forget though the books got killed on overs last week so we should see many inflated totals, this being one of them. But I think they get it done. This total is something that would go great in a teaser play, thats for sure.

Degenerate
    Degenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

I think the under is the way to play this game.

Redskinskilla2010
    Redskinskilla2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait for Brady to slow down before you bet against him!

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

The game is in NE guy.
    I know that......

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    I think the under is the way to play this game.
    Completely agree - under is the play here!

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bet against a guy that just came off a Career Game

I Like the Pats ML here Can Get -280 on my book. Im Already Up some change from last week, probably gonna drop a 14x play to make an EZ 5x... Hate if you want, I just know Patriots win outright Guaranteed. -7 seems very doable, but I am betting Pats record goes to 2-0 next week ML Victory CASH IT.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

The Chargers aren't the same team they were when they fought the Patriots before.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Here is a post I had in another thread. I agree with the play, but not because Henne passed for 400 yards.
    Solid work.

Junoumi
    hm
    Junoumi's Avatar Become A Pro!

NE should easily win. Like somebody said SD is slow starter and Pats shows nice game in 1st match. Maybe -6,5 ?

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Chargers are being pounded with ML and ATS....down to Pats -6.5........If this line goes down to -6...most likely to pound the Pats @ -6

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Quote Originally Posted by Hochay View Post
    San Diego Defensive line will Hammer Tom. Once you get into Toms head that you can regularly penetrate the O line you will have him russhing the pass as he is a Sissy when it comes to getting hit. He hates to hit the dirt. Rivers is going to pick apart the new look D line the Pats send onto the field. I will say this the Chargers do cover the 7 Points if they dont win. Not going to be the Blow out you saw in Miami on Monday night. Final 24-21 either team can win

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Looks like Under or no play..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Since 2004 San Diego is 15-5 ATS as road dogs.

CoVrt
    CoVrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys have some good points against NE but I guess things Brady just did are easily forgettable like throwing for 517 3 TDS and running a no huddle offense to counter any defensive scheme he reads. Give him 5 seconds at TLOS and he's already got you beat in his head, and now the easy part for him is to execute. San Diego gave them the game last year at home, New Englands going to be OFF THE CHARTS WILD when the PATS take complete control of the ball and run up the score like it was NFL vs Pop Warner 2nd string...San Diego is a good team but this ones easily the Pats game to take.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

Save your ml on S.D.. PATS are 28-0 at home during

regular season. i will take the ML on the PATS

12 Last