pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Eagles will beat the Falcons

Write up coming sometime soon, but as long as there are no injuries, this is a terrible matchup for Atlanta and being inside a dome doesn't help them at all. If you think there is another home win streak, I advise you to not bet on this game.

The discussion is up for grabs:

bilsonx_nc
    bilsonx_nc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed, Matt Ryan was terrible last week and I think their going to be even worse against this strong defense.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only thing that worries me is that the eagles cant stop the run, if atlanta runs the ball they can control the game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Atlanta is one of the best bets of the whole week, they won't start 0-2. Falcons were out of their element outdoors on grass last week (which is precisely why they will flop IF they make playoffs), but Ryan is 18-2 straight up at home in regular season, and as hyped up as Eagles defense is, they can't stop the run. Even Cadillac Williams almost got 100 yards last week after Steven Jackson left the game. Look for a huge game from Turner, which would allow Ryan to excel later on.

doublea180
    doublea180's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I didn't see the game last week, but ESPN keeps saying that Vick had a great game. However, his passing stats were very unimpressive. Was it something that the stats weren't showing (I heard about a couple of big drops) and it isn't anything to worry about for him, or is he on the decline from last year?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by doublea180 View Post
    I didn't see the game last week, but ESPN keeps saying that Vick had a great game. However, his passing stats were very unimpressive. Was it something that the stats weren't showing (I heard about a couple of big drops) and it isn't anything to worry about for him, or is he on the decline from last year?
    He had almost as many rushing yards as passing yards, but the Atlanta defensive line is more disciplined than the overaggressive Rams DL, so the Falcons should do a better job of keeping him in the pocket (or at the very least wrapping him up).

doublea180
    doublea180's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

OK thanks I kind of figured it was like that. Should be a fun team to watch this season.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

The Bears are known for their defense. Not the Eagles. This should be close.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Atlanta is one of the best bets of the whole week, they won't start 0-2. Falcons were out of their element outdoors on grass last week (which is precisely why they will flop IF they make playoffs), but Ryan is 18-2 straight up at home in regular season, and as hyped up as Eagles defense is, they can't stop the run. Even Cadillac Williams almost got 100 yards last week after Steven Jackson left the game. Look for a huge game from Turner, which would allow Ryan to excel later on.
    Caddy almost got 100 bc they took what the eagles gave them... playing from behind they ealges were fine with the rams running the ball and eating clock. Not saying their run d is great, but they shut down turner last year with a weaker version of this defense.... He will prob have a day like 80 yards and a td.. but will that be enough? Can matty put up enough points to keep up with the eagles vs that awful falcons defense that allowed cutler and his average weapons to do as they pleased?

Eagles or no bet..

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by doublea180 View Post
    He took what the rams gave him, much like the rams did on the opposite side of the ball (the eagles wanted the rams to run to eat clock and slow the game, so thats what they did).. The rams basically begged vick to run the ball, so thats what he did and beat them that way rather then with his arm... this week could be different though..

pokerwhiz90

this year might be another season like last year.... statistical upsets this week - tennessee beating baltimore, when they had a terrible weak last week, atlanta doing well at home, carolina keeping close with green bay, Dallas coming back from behind, the only non surprise going right now is New England

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    this year might be another season like last year.... statistical upsets this week - tennessee beating baltimore, when they had a terrible weak last week, atlanta doing well at home, carolina keeping close with green bay, Dallas coming back from behind, the only non surprise going right now is New England

I wouldn't call coming back from a 10 pt defecate in the 4th doing well at home. ATL lucked out by the hair on there chinny chin chin on this game. The eagles finished the last 20 minutes of play with there 3rd team QB, Kafca. IF Vick was in this game to finish, Eagles cover easily, 2nd Half was all eagles till Vick came out. ATL Could Do nothing, Yes Ryan Came back and drove it and drove it, But the Defense was on the field non stop, No breaks between drives.

pokerwhiz90

yeah i know what your saying, but still we see time and time again, come backs are a skill - just think of how many matt sanchez and the jets had last year, i don't think highly of sanchez as a qb but he's got qualities of a winner

im just sad that i lost this game, because i thought i had it in the bag - reminds me of vick vs the redskins last year

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    Atlanta doing well at home is never a "statistical upset".

pokerwhiz90

actually yeah, my bad - but i didn't expect atlanta to beat a better eagles team

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

hey pokerwhiz can you start a thread with all of your nfl plays? actually, a thread of only eagles games picks will do. thanks in advance