905prodigy
    905prodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

49ers +3 vs Cowboys

Anyone else think San Fran +3 is the play? Surprised books aren't moving to -3.5 and up with all the people backing Romo

TonyHoliday
    TonyHoliday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

i can't see any reason to take SF other than trying to be sharp.

I mean no disrespect I just can't see it.

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I'm with TonyHoliday

TonyHoliday
    TonyHoliday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

just wanted to say i see your point with the books not moving to 3.5... I just won't lay money on Alex Smith I refuse

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Books are starting to move the other way, Dallas ML dropping.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If you watched them play in week 1 vs Seattle, you would have to be crazy to put money on SF +3 against the Cowboys. If it weren't for Ted Ginn, they could have lost at home to the pitiful Seahawks.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

What is one good reason to play SF here? Dal -3 is already locked and loaded and on the way to the bank

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    What is one good reason to play SF here? Dal -3 is already locked and loaded and on the way to the bank

ijenpo
    ijenpo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3536

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    If you watched them play in week 1 vs Seattle, you would have to be crazy to put money on SF +3 against the Cowboys. If it weren't for Ted Ginn, they could have lost at home to the pitiful Seahawks.
    Seriously, being from the bay area, i've seen the niners suck hard. There's a reason why the niners haven't made the playoffs for the past 6 years.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I agree. I was on NYJ when they played DAL and just out of principle I was in disbelief with Romo (as I'm sure many were) but I can't let that cloud good judgement. DAL still has many weapons and Romo had a good grasp of a lot of that game (against one of the better teams in the league). DAL -3 is my decision. Cheers

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

If special teams limits Ginn and D can stop Gore this should be a runaway win for Dal. I think Romo has a statement game after all the criticism he's gotten since Sunday.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Books are basically TELLING you 49ers win this game with some shops now at 2.5. The key is Cowboys are weak on the offensive line right now and 49ers (5 sacks last week) have a good enough pass rush to take advantage. Dallas is also thin at cornerback, so hopefully even someone like Alex Smith can recognize that.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Vegas trying to make you over think this one. Dallas -3 no questions

scattiwampus
    scattiwampus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

thanks to profits for at least giving some real insight... been mulling this one over and can't come up with much to support 49ers here. Feels like a trap.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

books begging you to take dallas now at -2.5. OK, you win, i'll take dallas -2.5 jeez.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers are the sharp play. Public will pounding Tony Homo and the Cowgirls

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

905prodigy
    905prodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

I definitely feel like this game is a trap based on this line movement, but like everyone else its VERY hard to back the 49ers (struggle to pick up first downs)... Dallas have both their corners out they just signed some random players and Dez didn't practise wednesday but dont know his game status.

I really don't think I can back the Cowboys as they will probably be one of the most publicly backed teams this weekend

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

I just can't see betting on SF here.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

nothing sharp about the 49ers, not saying dallas is a good play, but this game should probably be passed on and will be determined on who makes the biggest turnover late in the game, homo or smith

LT Profits

This game already has nearly 10000 bets on it and as you might expect, 83% of the bets are on Dallas. Yes, the line has come back to right where it started at Pinny (-3 +102) and has dropped to -2.5 at 5 dimes. Just sayin'.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I watched the Dallas game and the SF game last week. Dallas does appear to be the better team and they should cover but the x factors (Punt/kickoff returns for a TD, a few crazy turnovers for a TD) might give SF an unexpected win. Ted Ginn Jr is a beast in the return game and Romo has a knack for making crucial turnovers.

FateSealWithJace
    FateSealWithJace's Avatar Become A Pro!

sometimes the square play is the right play

FateSealWithJace
    FateSealWithJace's Avatar Become A Pro!

and by square bet i mean dallas -3

The War Room
    The War Room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I watched the Dallas game and the SF game last week. Dallas does appear to be the better team and they should cover but the x factors (Punt/kickoff returns for a TD, a few crazy turnovers for a TD) might give SF an unexpected win. Ted Ginn Jr is a beast in the return game and Romo has a knack for making crucial turnovers.
    Completely agree. SF would HAVE to take advantage of their special teams opportunities to win this game. Playing Dallas -3. Rob Ryan's defense impressive Sunday night.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I fell for the trap. I'm on the 49ers ML +145.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 905prodigy View Post
    I definitely feel like this game is a trap based on this line movement, but like everyone else its VERY hard to back the 49ers (struggle to pick up first downs)... Dallas have both their corners out they just signed some random players and Dez didn't practise wednesday but dont know his game status.

I really don't think I can back the Cowboys as they will probably be one of the most publicly backed teams this weekend
    Ok, but what if the public is right on this one? I know what your saying and I hear you loud and clear but sometimes the publicly backed plays are the right ones to be on. Not sure what I will do quite yet, but I am still trying to find some solid info on why to back the 49ers here after watching them week one.

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by The War Room View Post
    Completely agree. SF would HAVE to take advantage of their special teams opportunities to win this game. Playing Dallas -3. Rob Ryan's defense impressive Sunday night.
    Yes it most certainly was.

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by FateSealWithJace View Post
    sometimes the square play is the right play
    Like another poster on here said earlier, "even squares have sharp sides to them". Dallas -3 leaning at the moment

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    This game already has nearly 10000 bets on it and as you might expect, 83% of the bets are on Dallas. Yes, the line has come back to right where it started at Pinny (-3 +102) and has dropped to -2.5 at 5 dimes. Just sayin'.
    So are you saying that in this case in particular there is a correlation between how poorly the Dallas Cowboys will play in relation to how many bets are placed on them by the public? Not sure if I buy that unless the game was fixed which I don't believe it is. Especially not a meaningless game like this one. Help me to understand how the public bet % is going to influence THIS particular game please.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    So are you saying that in this case in particular there is a correlation between how poorly the Dallas Cowboys will play in relation to how many bets are placed on them by the public? Not sure if I buy that unless the game was fixed which I don't believe it is. Especially not a meaningless game like this one. Help me to understand how the public bet % is going to influence THIS particular game please.
    Do a search on RLM, it has been profitable in the NFL. It has nothing to do with "fixed games", it has to do with the sharps being smarter than the squares. RLM aside, I already gave valid reasons in this tread to back the 49ers, those being the San Francisco defensive line is better than the Dallas offensive line right now and the Cowboys being thin at cornerback. Now, on top of that, it looks like Dez Bryant is out.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

I can never back Alex Smith. Romo makes mistakes, but he is 10x better than Smith. Dez Bryant might not play, but Dallas still has too many weapons.

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

if romo plays like he did week 1 cowboys wont win this game..........................

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would actually play the over

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

trap or no trap, I just don't see Dallas being 0-2 out the gate! The niners offense is horrible. If Dallas can stop the run, niners are done. Dallas should win and easily cover. Kinda reminds me of the Philly line last week.

12 Last