geauxtac1911
    geauxtac1911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2324

Texans -3 and the over

I'm really liking both of these plays but not seeing much talk about them. Any reason I should not hammer them?

Thanks!

geauxtac1911

Thanks for all the great advice...

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

welcome homes...

FJ_islander
    FJ_islander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 477

When something seems too good to be true, it never is. Line stands at 3 and it's yelling for action on the Cowboys. I am also very tempted to take Cowboys but then again am scared just as I said, When something seems to be too good, it never is. All the best and hopefully whatever side you choose happens to be the winner

aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like dolphins at home... +3

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

dolphins and im from houston.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

JGill give us your reason why youlike the dolphins?

slyone66
    slyone66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FJ_islander View Post
    When something seems too good to be true, it never is. Line stands at 3 and it's yelling for action on the Cowboys. I am also very tempted to take Cowboys but then again am scared just as I said, When something seems to be too good, it never is. All the best and hopefully whatever side you choose happens to be the winner
    hes talking about Houston not Dallas

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans have a problem in pass defense (i know new defense yada yada) to me they are still horrid until proven otherwise.
    Dolphins cant dont and wont run so i just feel its a bad matchup.
    henne looked like he finally gets it
    texans dont play well outdoors on the road as well as they do in Reliant
    Our home field advantage is very underrated.
    we took out YEARS of frustration against a colts team starting a QB that was probably posting on this forum 3 weeks ago. SO WHAT
    Texans favored on the road is bad for the bankroll

flyer1179
    flyer1179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Full disclosure, Houston is my team, so maybe I'm biased. However, I also know them better than any other team in the league. I jumped on this line as soon as I saw it.

Hernandez and Gronkowski combined for 13 catches 193 yards and 2 scores in Monday nights game. The middle of Miami's D was open all night long. Look for the Texans trio of Daniels, Dreesen, and Casey to make a lot of catches across the middle of the field out of a 2 or 3 TE set. Miami will not be able to play nickel, as the Texans will just dial up a running play for Foster, who should be back in the lineup this week, and Tate in relief work.

As for the Texans on defense, they are much improved over last year. I know it was just Kerry Collins last week, but considering what he's done to us in the past, there was a marked improvement. Compare the 7 points they allowed to last season. Only once last year did they hold an opponent under 7 points (the Titans game where Rusty Smith was the QB). So they are definitely a step up from last year at the minimum. Their biggest weakness is against the inside run, unfortunately for the Dolphins they lost their 2 power backs in the offseason. I also expect Fasano to have a decent day against us, but if we can get pressure Henne can be rattled.

The over is probably a safe bet, but I like the Texans TT Over better, just my 2 cents on that though. Final thought: The Texans are 5-0 SU all time vs. the Dolphins, and the road team is 4-1 ATS. The underdog is also 5-0 ATS, so take that for what it's worth. This is an improved Texans squad than the previous meetings in my opinion, so Texans -3 is my play.

BOL in whatever you decide!!!

Cpak
    Cpak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Henne looked good against the Pats and the Texans gave up the most Pass yds/G last year on D in the regular season. Yes rank 32/32. So even though Foster is going to be healthy and the Texans have an overall edge I'm still up in the air on this one. Would like to stick it in a parlay. Anyone else Input ?

Right now I like the Texans winning by 10.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans and I'm from Houston.

geauxtac1911

Thanks for the insight fellas BOL this weekend...

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by flyer1179 View Post
    Full disclosure, Houston is my team, so maybe I'm biased. However, I also know them better than any other team in the league. I jumped on this line as soon as I saw it. Hernandez and Gronkowski combined for 13 catches 193 yards and 2 scores in Monday nights game. The middle of Miami's D was open all night long. Look for the Texans trio of Daniels, Dreesen, and Casey to make a lot of catches across the middle of the field out of a 2 or 3 TE set. Miami will not be able to play nickel, as the Texans will just dial up a running play for Foster, who should be back in the lineup this week, and Tate in relief work. As for the Texans on defense, they are much improved over last year. I know it was just Kerry Collins last week, but considering what he's done to us in the past, there was a marked improvement. Compare the 7 points they allowed to last season. Only once last year did they hold an opponent under 7 points (the Titans game where Rusty Smith was the QB). So they are definitely a step up from last year at the minimum. Their biggest weakness is against the inside run, unfortunately for the Dolphins they lost their 2 power backs in the offseason. I also expect Fasano to have a decent day against us, but if we can get pressure Henne can be rattled. The over is probably a safe bet, but I like the Texans TT Over better, just my 2 cents on that though. Final thought: The Texans are 5-0 SU all time vs. the Dolphins, and the road team is 4-1 ATS. The underdog is also 5-0 ATS, so take that for what it's worth. This is an improved Texans squad than the previous meetings in my opinion, so Texans -3 is my play. BOL in whatever you decide!!!

Houston also did a great job getting a pass rush in that game

Miami has no run game at all and their offensive line did not impress me a bit in week 1, I think guys like JJ watt and Mario Williams will own this game at the line of scrimmage