nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Strange facts about Cowboys/refs

Since 2000, in the 11 NFL seasons that have been played, the Cowboys finished 8 of those seasons with more penalties than their opponents. In two of those years, 2002 & 2005, the Cowboys opponents were flagged more than they were. In 2000, the penalties were even between Dallas and it’s opponents. So, in doing some short math, it’s accurate to say Dallas is penalized 72.7% more than their opponents. If I were to have taken a blind guess, I would’ve guessed that the numbers would even out over a long period of time, like in this example. But I guess that’s not the case in Dallas.

Here’s an interesting stat for us to consider. Last season, the Jets were penalized 103 times for 934 yards. That’s an average of 6.4 penalties/game and 58.4 yards/game. On the same token, last season Dallas was penalized 109 times for 863 yards. That’s an average of 6.8 penalties/game & 53.9 yards/games. So, based on last night’s results, you’d have to say that while the Jets have made tremendous improvements while Dallas seems to remain on par from last year. I’m going to be curious to see how the Jets fare, next week, in the penalties department.

Here’s another nugget to chew on. Last year, in week 15, the Cowboys beat Washington 33-30 at Cowboys Stadium. That game was worked by the same officiating crew that worked last night at Met Life Stadium. In the week 15 game, last year, Dallas was flagged 9 times for 70 yards while the Redskins were only flagged 3 times for 25 yards. The week 15 game was, for all intents and purposes, a meaningless game. Such games are usually given to the officiating crews who are lower on the food chain. Last night, however, was a prime time game with even the commissioner in attendance. It was “the big game to commemorate the 9/11/01 attacks”. I’m just curious as to why wasn’t one of the more experienced & decorated officiating crews assigned to this game? Finally, let’s put the two games together that was worked by last night’s crew. In two games, Dallas was flagged 16 times for 110 yards. Their opponents were flagged 3 times for 25 yards. Can you believe there are still many people, in the media across the country, who actually believe the NFL officials favor the Cowboys!!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I am not a cowboy fan..but how the heck does a team go an entire game with no penalties..as in the recently played jets and cowboys game....no penalties on Jets??????