Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Lines Seem A Lot Less "Sharp" This Week Compared To Last Week

Last week I felt stumped on most the lines. Thought they were all really sharp. Had me mainly playing ML's and teasers. However, this week I think there a lot of great lines to grab.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to try to make some money this week. Last week I took it real slow and didn't force it. But some of these lines seem great.

Packers -9.5: Pack are the best team in football, and if it weren't for Cam's big day on Sunday, this line would probably be closer to -12. I don't expect Cam to have half the numbers he did against Arizona (which would be 2 TD's, 211 yards).

Cowboys -3: The Cowboys SHOULD have beaten a top 5 AFC team last week in their house, and now they go and play what is considered a bottom 5 NFC team and they are only favored by 3? In my opinion, that is a little bit of disrespect to the cowboys. This line should be -5.

Bills -3.5: I don't know about you guys. But I REALLY like this play. A classic example of a westcoast team going to the eastcoast. We all know how westcoast teams fair on the eastcoast. Bills look like they are rolling, and I think they win by at least a TD.

Bucs +3.5: I think the Bucs win straight up, so I think your probably better off taking your chances with the ML. The Bucs are a good team, and other than Peterson, the Vikings stink. Stat of last week: Donovon McNabb throws for 39 total yards.

Steelers -14.5: Call me crazy, but I love this one. I'd probably take it even if it were -16. Once again, a westcoast team going to play in the eastern time zone. Seahawks could barely mustard up points against the 49ers, they'll be lucky to hit double digits against the Steelers. I look at it like this, at most the Hawks will score 14-17 points. AT MOST. More likely between 3 and 10 points. The Steelers should roll all day on offense. I expect them to score somewhere between 28 and 40.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

cowboys on the road... really? i don't see how they win at San Francisco....

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    SF isn't that great. They'll be lucky for every win they get this year. Dallas is a better team all around.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Are you kidding me? They could have easily beat the Jets in NY, and the Jets are a much better team than San Fran.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i like all those plays GL man, also like redskins -4 and bengals +4.5

Albinorhino
    Albinorhino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

Im a Niner Fan, and Im all over Dallas -3 in this one (5 unit). Cowboy and NFL fans in general call Romo a choke but you havent seen shity QB play until you set your eyes on Alice Smiff, I would take him on my team anyday over that clown. Im afraid Romo's Cowboys will be focused for this one, and whoop up on my Niners. The Niners Oline can't pass protect worth a damn, Alex will crumble under the pressure. The defense will only be able to hold the Cowboys for so long until they get tired. Ginn wont be so lucky this time. I have enjoyed my teams victory for this week but they will be put back into there place on Sunday. I wish it was different but with Alex in as QB we can't get in a shootout which it will turn out to be. My heart is with the Niners but my money is on the Cowboys.

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that you don't think they are sharp probably means they are sharper.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Last week I felt stumped on most the lines. Thought they were all really sharp. Had me mainly playing ML's and teasers. However, this week I think there a lot of great lines to grab.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to try to make some money this week. Last week I took it real slow and didn't force it. But some of these lines seem great.

Packers -9.5: Pack are the best team in football, and if it weren't for Cam's big day on Sunday, this line would probably be closer to -12. I don't expect Cam to have half the numbers he did against Arizona (which would be 2 TD's, 211 yards).

Cowboys -3: The Cowboys SHOULD have beaten a top 5 AFC team last week in their house, and now they go and play what is considered a bottom 5 NFC team and they are only favored by 3? In my opinion, that is a little bit of disrespect to the cowboys. This line should be -5.

Bills -3.5: I don't know about you guys. But I REALLY like this play. A classic example of a westcoast team going to the eastcoast. We all know how westcoast teams fair on the eastcoast. Bills look like they are rolling, and I think they win by at least a TD.

Bucs +3.5: I think the Bucs win straight up, so I think your probably better off taking your chances with the ML. The Bucs are a good team, and other than Peterson, the Vikings stink. Stat of last week: Donovon McNabb throws for 39 total yards.

Steelers -14.5: Call me crazy, but I love this one. I'd probably take it even if it were -16. Once again, a westcoast team going to play in the eastern time zone. Seahawks could barely mustard up points against the 49ers, they'll be lucky to hit double digits against the Steelers. I look at it like this, at most the Hawks will score 14-17 points. AT MOST. More likely between 3 and 10 points. The Steelers should roll all day on offense. I expect them to score somewhere between 28 and 40.
    These weeks lines are insane, i couldnt find a single edge to unload on a single game, f...ing Vegas...

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

agreed, good lines this week. only comfortable with Bucs (with pts, not moneyline) winning. not even crazy about the huge public Ravens play.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Nice breakdown, agree with pretty much all of it. Week one had a mixture of chalk and dogs covering, week 2 definitely has a chalk feel to it IMO.

CAS2550
    CAS2550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

whered you grab GB -9 1/2? Is the line dropping?

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

i cant give 2 touchdowns to ANY new team. i just dont play those

Good Luck SIr

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Cowboys line was -1, they get a -3 for playing so well in week 1....lol

Bucs +3.5, where do you see that? If minny ends up -3.5, easy win for them.

Bills were -4.5, sharply down to -3.5, the only thing they have going for them is the west coast travel thing otherwise they are going to get run over by the pathetic raiders. Bills suck, Raiders suck so it's a tough call, +4.5 would be nice.

jaks440
    jaks440's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

I am with you on Bucs, Boys, and also adding the Eagles -3 to my picks this week.

Thanks for the analysis

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Cowboys line was -1, they get a -3 for playing so well in week 1....lol

Bucs +3.5, where do you see that? If minny ends up -3.5, easy win for them.

Bills were -4.5, sharply down to -3.5, the only thing they have going for them is the west coast travel thing otherwise they are going to get run over by the pathetic raiders. Bills suck, Raiders suck so it's a tough call, +4.5 would be nice.
    The Bills will beat the Raiders

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

I think you are spot on with all of these Speedy. I also like the Redskins this week.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by jbatcha21 View Post
    I think you are spot on with all of these Speedy. I also like the Redskins this week.
    Yeah I really want to play Skins -3.5, but I'm not sure I can trust the Skins quite yet. Grossman definitely looks a lot improved. I think the Skins may surprise some people and compete for the division (because of an EZ schedule). Zona looked pretty bad last week, and I can definitely see Kolb struggling on the road with a team he has only been working with for a few months.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I really like your plays, but disagree with Pitts -all them points. Pitts historically stink after a Superbowl in the modern era.
    I'd also be VERY wary of GB on the road.
    They do NOT need this game. The Pack usually mails it in - in this spot. Tough play. They are not as stout vs the run as their #s show. Carolina wants to run and play action. That kinda thing can make that line TIGHT. I do not like either the Pitts norst the GB lines at all if you're playin chalk, I like the dogs better.

Also, 1 week does not make a 'trend'. That's a lot of road points for Tampa to cover. The Queens will be better this week. Are they good enough to cover? Dunno, but they play really well in the humpty dump.

GL with your plays.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I totally disagree with the OP, I think I like every single-digit underdog this week except Tennessee, although I am still on the fence on the Monday night game.