The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

What's up with the Steelers?

I need to know what's going on in Pittsburgh.

Was the loss to Baltimore a one week aberration? Just a bad start that snow-balled into a blow-out?

Or are there major issues at play here that are going to plague this team all season long?

Seems to me that their defense with their personnel and Lebeau should still be as mean and nasty as ever, and with them looking to pound on somebody @ home week 2, and that somebody happening to be the Seahawks and Tarvaris Jackson, -14.5 looks like a goddam steal.

I see Seattle leaving in downright humiliation as the Steelers crush them 38-6. So am I missing something here?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they were in the superbowl 7 months ago. they cannot get sucky that fast. they are rusty, maybe they partied too much in the offseason.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Ravens came out pissed. They should cover against Hawks. Seahawks plain stink, and they are pretty banged up as well. Their O-line really stinks. They lost their full back to injury in week 1, and didn't have a back up. So they just signed a new full back. I doubt Seattle rushes for more than 50 total yards in this game.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah but who is actually going to be on the Seahawks? this line could be my -20 by kickoff. The only thing that scares me about this game is the Steelers usually don't score many points and 16 is a lot to cover if they give up any points.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking back, the last time the Steelers lost by as many as they did to Baltimore on the road was 11/26/06 when they lost 27-0. The next week they played against the Tampa Bay Bucs and won 20-3 (17 point margin). Take that for what you will. I agree that 14.5 points is alot to cover which is where the spread is currently, but I think the Steelers would make a GREAT TEASER to pair with Green Bay and the over for the Baltimore/Tennessee game. Just more thoughts.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

baltimore is an elite team. i thought that maybe since they had lotta new parts to roster it wouldnt be such a blowout, but ravens are a top 5 team in my opinion. one of the great underrated nfl teams. rock solid defense. rice is good too.

sure, maybe balt was pissed and maybe pitt was rusty, but baltimore is a great team. they can play with anyone. they beat NE last year in week 1 too. too bad they were up by like 14 against pitt in playoffs last year and should have made superbowl... then they blew it lol.

im not ravens fan fyi.

jaks440
    jaks440's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

What about teasing Steelers/Packers/Lions -- all of them in games they can win but giving a lot of points.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jaks440 View Post
    What about teasing Steelers/Packers/Lions -- all of them in games they can win but giving a lot of points.
    That isn't a bad thought except to me, the Lions can be schizophrenic. I was thinking for the third leg either taking Baltimore or the over in the Baltimore/Texans game. The total is set at 38 so teased down to 32 seems like a good bet.