Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game of the week !! Lions -9

I'm not even gonna bother with a write up. Home opener in Detroit. Chiefs crawling in without Eric Berry and after they got beat down. Lions by double digits easy. Stafford will put up big numbers. Its a no brainer easiest money of the weekend!

Tech N9ne

You can get -9 at plus money at most books
    Take it !! Pound the fukk outta it !!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Lions ML but really 9 points? The Chiefs were a playoff team last year... is matt cassel hurt or something?

JohnD25
    JohnD25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I like the Lions ML but really 9 points? The Chiefs were a playoff team last year... is matt cassel hurt or something?
    Did you not see the Chiefs against the Bills AT Arrowhead last Sunday? Should I say more?

Ice House

its just 1 game.... in the NFL no team is ever as good or bad as they looked the week before.

Ice House

not saying the Lions aren't a good team. I think the Lions will win for sure... I just think 9 points is too much to give up.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD25 View Post
    Did you not see the Chiefs against the Bills AT Arrowhead last Sunday? Should I say more?

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never have the whole basis of your bet be 1 game. Ever. Especially week one. You have no other reasoning to this bet, other than chiefs game 1. Be smart techy. It usually takes teams a while to get used to prosperity. I think 9 points is too much.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'm going to let the Lions prove themself to me a bit first. As always, GL

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I'm going to let the Lions prove themself to me a bit first. As always, GL

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would like like Lions +2 vs Vikings?

That's another game of the week.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Never have the whole basis of your bet be 1 game. Ever. Especially week one. You have no other reasoning to this bet, other than chiefs game 1. Be smart techy. It usually takes teams a while to get used to prosperity. I think 9 points is too much.
    You can with the Chiefs, THEY STINK. They went 0-4 in the preseason and were so bad the first 3 preseason games that their DUMB ASS coach played his starters into the 4th Quarter against GB and got his starting TE hurt for the season.

Get informed people, you going to take the Chiefs when their strength is the running game and they're going against one of the best D-lines in football? Good luck with that. Only way Detroit doesn't cover this game, is if they fumble like 4 times in their own end, isn't happening. Detroit HUGE in this game!!

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

-9 is absurd. DET is the better team, but that's a big number. Shop around and tease them down under 3.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    its just 1 game.... in the NFL no team is ever as good or bad as they looked the week before.
    This.....

ScottLocke
    ScottLocke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

A -7+ spread can never be the game of the week IMO. Too many flukes/ backdoor covers/ ect can happen to beat you.

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think I'm going to tease this one. Lions will definitely win. But 9 is a lot of points. This may be a case of the bookies over reacting to the Lions having a great opening day, and the Chiefs having a horrible opening day. Lets not forget, we've only seen each of these teams once this season. KC +9 may be the play, but I don't have any faith putting money on the Chiefs.

Tease Lions down to -2 along with Pack down to -2.5 and you should have automatic $$$.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

I won't call it a lock but the Lions should pound these guys. The Lions have the longest winning streak in football going back o last season and they have finally found themselves imo. They just got too many weapons versus the beaten down Chiefs and I think they win by 2 TDs+ but not sure how strong I'll play it yet.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

now the lions are huge favorites, they haven't seen that since they played in a different stadium. chiefs cover, good luck!

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

chiefs were pathetic last week but thats quite a bit of pts for the lions to cover. idk

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

-9 is too much but I am looking for another game to tease it with. I like the lions in this game

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by ScottLocke View Post
    A -7+ spread can never be the game of the week IMO. Too many flukes/ backdoor covers/ ect can happen to beat you.

ttrace35

Anybody that has been watching football a few years, know that teams on the come-up usually don't cover when they are EXPECTED to.

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no value in this line it's way too bloated from what happened week 1. You can't just look at matchups and say oh wow easy money, there is no way, as talented as they may be, I would wager on a young lions team to cover a 9 point spread. This is coming from someone who's been calling the chiefs weak frauds since last season. Lions in a teaser is solid but with a weak secondary + dealing with charles this game has backdoor cover written all over it.

Jay Harry
    Jay Harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

Im going with a Teaser pick for the Detroit game as well. Still shopping around though for my second game to go with it. Ill probably end up picking GB or even go crazy and do a 3 team teaser with Seattle (+21)

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

A bit crazy for Lions to be laying -9...

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I'm 5-0 with the lions this year and don't plan on losing here

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5530

I may use this as one of my picks on my Friday podcast. I have been screaming from the rafters that the Chiefs are not a very good team and the Lions are, as John Cougar once sang, "young and improving."

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

POUND KC YOU IDIOTS! Yeah, they got smoked by the Buffalo Bills... that's fine. The Detriot Lions stink. Stafford is a mediocore QB and Calvin Johnson is good. Best stinks. Their d-line is above average and their secondary stinks. KC will win this game. They had an awful gameplan against Buffalo - Charles didn't get enough carries. Expect a lot of Charles and Jones. Bet them +9 /ML.

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    POUND KC YOU IDIOTS! Yeah, they got smoked by the Buffalo Bills... that's fine. The Detriot Lions stink. Stafford is a mediocore QB and Calvin Johnson is good. Best stinks. Their d-line is above average and their secondary stinks. KC will win this game. They had an awful gameplan against Buffalo - Charles didn't get enough carries. Expect a lot of Charles and Jones. Bet them +9 /ML.

LOL you can't be serious. The Lions are basically a replica of the Bills except better. The Bills beat the Chiefs because they have a dominant interior Dline and shut down the Chiefs running game. The Lions whole Dline is dominant and will do the same. The Chiefs couldn't stop the Bills spread offense. The Lions will also spread the ball out and they have an above average QB and the best WR in the game. Eric Berry is now out also. No way the Lions lose this game but I will stay away from the -9 just because crazy things can happen. My book has the line at -8h so I took a tease of Det -2.5 and Green Bay -3 LARGE!!!

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I'm bias'd, but 9 is a lot for any NFL team to cover based on one game. KC had a terrible gameplan against the Bills, but still looked awful. Charles got 0 carries in the 3rd quarter when we were down 20-7. Same story for the Chiefs, poor coaching. Good luck either way.

Tech N9ne

I hear you guys that 9 Is alot of points but this is gonna be a double digit win.

If Stafford is on your fantasy team, congrats too you

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

thats a lot of points....

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Once I read this trash, didn't bother reading the rest.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    I'm bias'd, but 9 is a lot for any NFL team to cover based on one game. KC had a terrible gameplan against the Bills, but still looked awful. Charles got 0 carries in the 3rd quarter when we were down 20-7. Same story for the Chiefs, poor coaching. Good luck either way.
    You think running the ball is going to get you back in that football game. The Bills STONED your running game, it's that simple and Detroit will do the same. It will be up to Matt Casell to win this game with his arm on the road in a hostile environment. Good luck with that...

12 Last