ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Houston Texans -3 Is Play Of The Week

Only 2 ATS plays last week were Philly and NE. Square plays, but beginning of the season is a good time for square plays. This play has very little to do with what happened last night. Houston is a team on the rise and miami is going opposite direction. They have no identity. Wildcat was their trademark. Bet they miss ricky williams and ronnie brown combo. Now they have no running game. Don't even think they have a fullback on the roster. Plus, they suck at home. Horrible. And, they have never beaten houston in their short history. Soprano gets fired by mid-season. Don't expect anybody to tail. But this play will cash.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I like it, but I think the over might be a better play in this case

only thing that really scares me here is how good henne looked and houston is infamous for a terrible secondary

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    If that's the case, I would check hou TT. Miami is one dimensional now and I see mario williams having a field day on henne.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    If that's the case, I would check hou TT. Miami is one dimensional now and I see mario williams having a field day on henne.

you think Johnny Joseph can shut down marshall???

ttrace35

only thing that really scares me here is how good henne looked and houston is infamous for a terrible secondary

New England defense is suspect now. Secondary is bad with no pass rush. They have no Mario Williams type pass rusher. I seen henne get frazzled on plenty of occasions. Sunday will be another one. Look at miami's last 10 home games. They have no home field advantage.

ttrace35

you think Johnny Joseph can shut down marshall???
    You can let marshall get some. With no running game to worry about they can play the pass.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    New England defense is suspect now. Secondary is bad with no pass rush. They have no Mario Williams type pass rusher. I seen henne get frazzled on plenty of occasions. Sunday will be another one. Look at miami's last 10 home games. They have no home field advantage.

u gonna buy a half point for a little insurance?

ttrace35

u gonna buy a half point for a little insurance?
    I don't usually buy points. I'm confident in this play. Also, I play at betislands.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Before game you said Henne was horrible, garbage.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took that line in BTP and in a big parlay for this weekend .. going to cash big time

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Took that line in BTP and in a big parlay for this weekend .. going to cash big time

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Before game you said Henne was horrible, garbage.

henne has been horrible so far in his career, who could have predicted he would show up like that in week 1???

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

agree. bit surprised that dolphins +3 is getting juiced and texans are at an even.

ttrace35

henne has been horrible so far in his career, who could have predicted he would show up like that in week 1???
    This is what NE has become the past 2 years. They play to outscore you. Forget about the old Bellichek. He wants to run the score up. You think if the game was close, miami would have been able to do that? Most of those yards came late.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    agree. bit surprised that dolphins +3 is getting juiced and texans are at an even.
    +107 at heritage.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Henne is definitely going to see more pressure this week coming from Williams and Watt

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

gl tracer. good idea to fade team off a mnf game.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dolphins win straight up homie

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    gl tracer. good idea to fade team off a mnf game.
    Thanx LB. The biggest factor for me is Miami's horrible home record. They always find a way to blow it at home. Remember how many time last year that happened?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

While I don't necessarily dislike this play, the scary thing about Houston is that they just blew out their most hated rival (albeit without Manning) and they have games with the Saints and Steelers coming up. This looks like their "breather" week.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Dolphins win straight up homie
    Why would they beat texans? Miami is a bad team. Period. They only reason they won any games at all the past few years was because of williams/brown wildcat combo. Without theat they are done. Texans take the next step this year.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    While I don't necessarily dislike this play, the scary thing about Houston is that they just blew out their most hated rival (albeit without Manning) and they have games with the Saints and Steelers coming up. This looks like their "breather" week.
    I hear ya LT. My only response would be why would a team need a breather after one week of play?

ttrace35

I look at the glass half full. I looked at their upcoming schedule also and see them having to get the win against Miami with 2 tough games ahead.

theclutch7
    theclutch7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

theclutch7

texans are better but is the first week any indicator, after a lockout? wait untill the 4th week when theses teams are back in shape and if the texans are 4-0 then i'll be a believer!? 10-6 wildcard, colts go 11-5

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Pounding Houston heavy!

theclutch7
    theclutch7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

how aboutthem steelers, making ravens think they're good? ravens should'nt get too confident mr 102 million has to do something,watch the throw set up the run the rest of the year, steelers cannot do any worse than better themselves! right. ravens still suck, they're a fake team!!

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by theclutch7 View Post
    texans are better but is the first week any indicator, after a lockout? wait untill the 4th week when theses teams are back in shape and if the texans are 4-0 then i'll be a believer!? 10-6 wildcard, colts go 11-5
    Colts 11-5. Lol.

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by theclutch7 View Post
    Not sure about the Colts statement, but what's not to like about Houston?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I hear ya LT. My only response would be why would a team need a breather after one week of play?
    It doesn't mater what time of year it is if you are game planning for tougher opponents in coming weeks while playing more vanilla vs. "weak" opponents.

lakerboy

It doesn't mater what time of year it is if you are game planning for tougher opponents in coming weeks while playing more vanilla vs. "weak" opponents.
    right good point. i remember bucs beat gb two years ago.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

does the Texans have any good pass rushers besides Mario Williams?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Tracer, I love this play......You are dead on about the 2 teams going into opposite directions as well as Miami being terrible at home

Wouldn't look too much into Henne looking good against New England.....They are a bad defense, and Henne will not look like this against Houston's much improved defense. New England's passrush is abysmal, and Houston has a very good one. Jonathon Joseph is also a huge pickup for them at corner.....He will be able to atleast keep Marshall in check IMO

Pound it.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think miami will keep this game close, maybe even win straight up, Sporano will have the season and his job on the line, miami has to start winning at home and this will be their best opp they cant afford going 0-2, and that defense will play way better. BOL ttrace

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

one thing that scares me about this game is it is a 4pm game..... fans will have extra time to tailgate. They will be drunk and rowdy. It will be tough for Matt Shwab to communicate to his players

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by 305GURU View Post
    i think miami will keep this game close, maybe even win straight up, Sporano will have the season and his job on the line, miami has to start winning at home and this will be their best opp they cant afford going 0-2, and that defense will play way better. BOL ttrace
    I hear you Guru. I watched a lot of miami games the past few years and I always said that they would be garbage without that wild cat. I think this is the year that it all falls apart for miami. Sporano is a bad coach. You don't try to run Reggie Bush between the tackles

123 Last