Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Machine Report: Oakland at Denver

Machine Plays: 8-4

Whether I win, lose or draw with the Patriots -7, I'll be playing this late-game MNF matchup. I've seen enough to like.

Denver cleaned house in the offseason and brought in John Fox as HC, who went 2-14 last year in Carolina. He didn't get much time to gel with his new team due to the lock-out.

Meanwhile, the Raiders promoted their OC Hue Jackson to HC, and last year he was able to coax 25.6 ppg out of the Raiders on the strength of the 2nd-ranked rushing offense in the league (Darren McFadden, Jason Campbell, Michael Bush).

Oct 24, 2010: Raiders rip Denver a new ass 59-14, with 328 yards rushing. At Denver.
    Dec 19, 2010: Raiders repeat the shredding 39-23, with 264 yards rushing. Denver gets 9 first downs.

Denver finishes the season 31st in the league in rushing defense.

Spring, 2011: Denver addresses its defensive line needs by drafting Nick Fairley. Ooops, nope that didn't happen. They did not draft a defensive lineman until the 7th round.

Which means that this year's version of Denver's rush defense will look like last year's, exept wait...it gets better. Denver is without defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, defensive tackle Ty Warren, and leading linebacker D.J. Williams.

McFadden up the middle for 8, McFadden off the edge for 12, McFadden out of the flat for 14, McFadden dives into the end zone.

Raiders were second in the league in sacks last year and victimized Kyle Orton hard. Expect to see Tebow by the third quarter.

RAIDERS +3
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 09-12-11 at 09:26 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: linewiz, and bb_skoots

Machine Choice

My final thought:

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Rock on machine!!!!

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Nice-feel somewhat assuaged knowing you're on the same play. Hope NE keeps going-you made a compelling argument in your other thread! Cheers and good luck to us.

nitty48
    nitty48's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 713

raiders will win

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Spring, 2011: Denver addresses its defensive line needs by drafting Nick Fairley. Ooops, nope that didn't happen. They did not draft a defensive lineman until the 7th round.

Which means that this year's version of Denver's rush defense will look like last year's, exept wait...it gets better. Denver is without defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, defensive tackle Ty Warren, and leading linebacker D.J. Williams.
    They have the same defense as last year? They have a new coach and an entirely new defensive scheme. They have Elvis Dumervil back and used the 2nd pick in the draft on LB Von Miller. Half of their defense wasnt there last year.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    They have the same defense as last year? They have a new coach and an entirely new defensive scheme. They have Elvis Dumervil back and used the 2nd pick in the draft on LB Von Miller. Half of their defense wasnt there last year.
    Yeah, an entirely new scheme works out great the first game of the year. Von Miller? What...a rookie is gonna come in and shut down the super-speed Raiders?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

A lot of Denver's D-line is hurt, and wasn't great to begin with. Gonna freeroll the Pats win and see what happens. Let's get the double!

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    A lot of Denver's D-line is hurt, and wasn't great to begin with. Gonna freeroll the Pats win and see what happens. Let's get the double!
    Smart play. We have no reason to believe that Denver has solved their defensive problems. Until they show us something.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post

Yeah, an entirely new scheme works out great the first game of the year. Von Miller? What...a rookie is gonna come in and shut down the super-speed Raiders?
    1 play, 1 fumble forced.

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Ah crap I didn't see it in time.

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

punt return changed momentum...mcfadden wont let them lose tho

Machine Choice

GAME OVER

2-0 MNF

Machine Plays: 9-4

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Hey man. I'm enjoying following your plays with success. So far I've missed one loser and one winner. Do you think you could start a season long thread or a twitter to just post the plays on?

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by 99Boxster View Post
    Hey man. I'm enjoying following your plays with success. So far I've missed one loser and one winner. Do you think you could start a season long thread or a twitter to just post the plays on?
    I'll address this in the college football forum.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Hats off to you Machine. I was already on OAK (with the spread) but your NE argument impressed me and I'm glad I went to the dark side! I saw glimmers of great stuff and heaps of trash watching that OAK game...Was that three major fouls in a row? Anyways, keep it up my man.