ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

You Guys Wanted So Bad To Bash Cam Newton

Guy set rookie record. If this was Tebow, would have be a million threads.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq, MoneyLineDawg, and DwightShrute

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Uhh, they lost.

Next topic.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by kkoz9 View Post
    uhh, they lost.

Next topic.
    this !

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Trigger is right.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Uhh, they lost.

Next topic.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol if this was tebow espn would be running non stop coverage talking about his mechanics and how he missed he a throw. Newton played well but didnt score from the 5 with the game on the line

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Cam looked great! Love it when Rookies do well.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Look at the stats QBs had yesterday. And Thursday for that matter. brady might throw his arm out tonight, if he want to he could probably throw for 600 yards. Teams that cant run and get behind throw the ball. But guys who can throw the ball also throw the ball. Look at some of the biggest losers at the position and see what they did. Falco and Orton looked like frigging Joe Montana.

Defenses are so far behind the curve right now it isnt even funny. Newton was also playing one of the worst teams around, and they still lost even with those meaningless stats.

lets see what happens to all these guys once the defense get in sync, probably 3rd week for some, 4 and 5th week for others. And start blitzing the shit out of guys.

This year is a whole new animal because 75% of the guys arent even in playing shape yet yet alone ready to go. Lock out put the season behind 6 weeks regardless of what they want to make people believe.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Tracer, you know why some of these disgruntled fukks want certain QBs to fail. *wink*wink*

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trigger???????????

He is 0-1

ok???

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Tracer, you know why some of these disgruntled fukks want certain QBs to fail. *wink*wink*
    cuz they're "light footed"??

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Trigger he surprised me, I hope that was the first of many.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lets see how he does the next 3 games or so

lets all settle down

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Guy set rookie record. If this was Tebow, would have be a million threads.
    . So true dun.

That being said, he prolly has some rough weeks ahead of him, it's just the way it is for a young QB in the National Football League.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I can admit Cam Newton looked good and I bet Arizona. They blitzed the $hit out of him and he stood in & delivered the ball. No he didn't win the game but he didn't give up a 90 yd punt return TD either. Lets see how he looks against better teams that don't give his receivers man to man all day!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

He looked real good too good was on az ml but now I know and knowing is half the battle.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

he looked good... but................. they lost to the cards and their secondary is a joke

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    . So true dun.

That being said, he prolly has some rough weeks ahead of him, it's just the way it is for a young QB in the National Football League.
    Yea. I don't personally think he will be great. I'm just making an obvious point. If Tebow would have put up 400+ in his debut, win or lose, you guys would have ran with it.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

But they lost? Lol haters always gotta find something to hang on, no matter how flimsy it is. Bottom line he looked great, saying they lost, well he's one person, he aint the whole team.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    lol if this was tebow espn would be running non stop coverage talking about his mechanics and how he missed he a throw. Newton played well but didnt score from the 5 with the game on the line
    They lost because of special teams and defense. Cam gave them a chance to win and exceeded everybody's expectations. Hats off to him. If this was tebow with 400+ yards, you really think people would bespn would be complaining about mechanics

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

0-1 thats all and will say thats the best game of his career

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Newton has all the mechanics to be a good QB unlike tebow, i thought he would be a top QB in this league. I just didn't think he would be this good this fast, esp. with no training camp. He lost hundreds of snaps. And he looked terrible in the preseason.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I'm sure Brock Landers could throw for 225 or better on the Cards D....not to mention some of the catch and runs were a help to stats. Bottom line is the guy is a great athlete...but won't be a great NFL QB. And like has been mentioned.....he's still 0-1.

When he wins his own division or at least 9 games....come back to us.

Doesn't matter if he's Timmy Chang or some Arabic player.....he's still unproven in the league pal.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

will be sure to bump this thread come week 8 to remind everyone why he was expected to do so bad.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

JJ is hurt because he wanted to blow Cam. The kid will have an up and down season but it seems pretty evident his teammates believe in him which is a big deal for a young qb.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Tim Tebow is a likable guy. How many other college Qbs do you hear about going and talking to a group of prison inmates or going and performing surgery on needy children in the Philippians during spring break ? I would like to see him succeed, especially since everybody is telling him he cant.

Cam Newton was the #1 pick. He is supposed to be a good QB. He struggled in preseason and had a great game against a poor cardinals defense. It doesnt hurt that he has Steve Smith to throw too, just like it didnt hurt Tebow that he had Brandon Lloyd to throw to. Time will how good they can be. If Cam Newton keeps it up, he will be a great building block for the panthers.

im not sure where everybody gets this notion that the public does not want black QBs to be successful .... I remember everybody cheering for Mcnair, Cunningham, Freeman is a great QB on the rise ....

Jamarcus Russell was a bust ... that has nothing to do with the public .... David Carr was a bust ... people criticized him ...

i think you guys get too carried away with this stuff

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Trigger??????????? He is 0-1 ok???
    He is in a bad team...its not his fault that they are 0-1. The dude played his heart out yesterday. What more could he have done?

If he just doesnt try to rush more often and just stick to passing, he will be very good in NFL. He has the drive which most people dont.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Brady, Big Ben, Manning, Brees, Rodgers

V. Young, JaMarcus, McNabb, Campbell, Vick, Garrard, Tarvaris,

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Campbell, Garrard and Tahorrible were backups for life, to me they have exceeded expectations just like Ryan Leaf

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Campbell, Garrard and Tahorrible were backups for life, to me they have exceeded expectations just like Ryan Leaf
    Campbell has thrown about 2,000 passes thus far in his career....Garrard about 2,300 pass attempts thus far. Hardly "backups for life".

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yup we all wake up every morning thinking of how to keep the black man down. Today we decided to be dismissive of Cam Newton.

Not happy with the leak to the black community. Tighten this shit up white people.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

We can revisit this subject four months from now. You learn nothing from one game.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Yup we all wake up every morning thinking of how to keep the black man down. Today we decided to be dismissive of Cam Newton.

Not happy with the leak to the black community. Tighten this shit up white people.
    B.T.W, are we all wearing our toby gerhart, Peyton Hillis and Danny Amendola Jerseys to the meeting Wednesday ?

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm sure a lot more people would be posting threads about Cam Newton if he seemed like a nicer guy. Guys who appear to be "nice guys" are easier to root for and Cam Newton has done nothing to make people believe this.

john49ers
    john49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont you people know how to read the thread wasn't about how GREAT CAM NEWTON .... big deal they lost cam newton did look solid i hope he keeps up mad haters so annoying probally mad because you people bet arizona giving 10

123 Last